PDA

View Full Version : Menacing techno - Your acid set needs this.

AcidTrash
11-03-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.squatjuice.org/mp3/acidtrash/broke.mp3

I have melted my face with this one. If this doesn't clear out your sinuses then nothing will.

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Production is pretty good, but nothing happens up to the break really.
And because of this it gets very boring.
The ambience, soaring noises are nice after the break, but don`t really add a hell of a lot of variety.
Sounds like the bones of a track waiting to be filled with some meat.

AcidTrash
11-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I thought that initially but I started mixing with it and for me it has everything I want from a tune. Been mixing it with the latest hydraulix stuff and using different sections of it and it's turning out to be a wicked little boomer. I was almost tempetd to spoil it with an acid line but I just don't think emulators cut it anymore unless you're making hard housey stuff.. I'll probably remix this and make a more elaborate version but in this case it does nicely for my purposes. I love the 4am funky hypnomunt and this is what I try and use for that.

Either that or you're completely right. Hmm. Will look into it.

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
There are fields and fields of loop techno that do nothing.
I think it`s lazyness.
You can do better.

AcidTrash
11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Try it now

j_s
11-03-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah itls loopy, but what's there is cool. sounds like good dj fodder, the sort of stuff i like to hear in a set, doesn't stand out much as a result, though.

audioinjection
11-03-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah, i also think its a bit loopy, at the beginning im waiting for more changes, but the track isnt bad

it has a nice drive to it, could be fun to play w/ on the decks with another track

i would personally like to hear the ride up a bit louder in the mix though

BRADLEE
11-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Pete North ‘broke’

Starts off in the typical fashion of any UK acid Techno stormer. Adding stop edits in for a dash of funk and dancefloor mayhem. Has some nice subtle break downs and effect pattern work in there as well. It does get a bit loopy at points, but really what Acid techno doesn’t??? However when the break @ 3:10 comes in, you really get brought into the tune a bit more. Very nice little vocal sample for extra human feeling. Although I think maybe just another piece of perc will add more direction after the break. Just maybe some more hats, and a little piece of tribal influence. Or maybe even a stab noise. However all in all, probably the best sound quality wise production I’ve ever heard from Pete. Pete, I know your still going for that UK acid style, but just add a bit more of you into it. Something to make it a bit more personal. All in all great production work, but it just lacks personal character. You need to put the acid Trash stamp onto it!!!!

Sorry to go on so long, I’m just trying to really give a more accurate review.

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 10:49 AM
thats for that M. thats kinda what I was thinking once I got over the fact my production is nearly there.

Shud be better now. Check it!!!

stjohn
12-03-2005, 04:22 PM
your production is better everytime u post a new tune here man, your kick is pretty massive there!!! nice one :clap: the start takes a while to get goin (deffo handy for the dex)

all the sounds are clean, crisp and compliment each other, but ive heard this kind of tune a good few times..... why not turn it around totally somewhere??? then again, this is the shit (good shit) Chris Lib spins so...??%^&&*$£????

but as Messanger said give it something that is more personal, maybe whip out reaktor and get some crazy atmospheric synths riding along the top, aswell as the ones that carry the tune.

all in i'll have to give u a 'bualadh bos' which is irish for :clap:

;)

dirty_bass
12-03-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah your production has deffinitely improved.

You still need to work on getting better separation in with subtractive eq.
As one listening to this new version, there`s a lot of muddyness around the kick, and some distortion too. especially when I crank this on the midfields.

. Try pulling the main kick frequencies out of the bass.

the hats also could do with a bit more presence as they don`t really cut through the mix well enough yet. A bit more top and maybe some wave shaping to give em some real slice.

I think generally, just going back through the sounds and being more clinical with the eq to really cut these sounds around each other, and you have a good bit of DJ fodder.

Still lacks a bit of originality, and Messanger is right, it would be nice to hear more of you in this, as at the moment it sounds a little like a macaffer/drummer clone.

You definitely get the prize for stepping up your production standard very quickly though :clap:

dan the acid man
13-03-2005, 03:53 PM
the improvemnts in your production are immense, this is alot better.
Good dancefloor material, but it could do with a little more variation

Scott Kemix
13-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Quite like this, but needs more shit goin on, dont know if it sounds like a drummer/mcaffer clone at all...........if anythin it seems inspired by somebody like Alex Calver. Keep em comin

278d7e64a374de26f==