PDA

View Full Version : midi communication

miromiric.
23-11-2002, 08:09 AM
i know i posted similiar post recently but i m really confused over here.

i cannot slave my korg es-1 to cubase sx by any chance. like it doesn`t give any signal. i did put on korg external clock, put cubase as master, only thing which is really weird to me is that when i choose midi output in cubase it only gives me emulated ports -

sb midi live midi uart(emulated)

microsoft midi mapper(emulated)

microsoft gs wavetable sw synth(emulated).

now what am i supose to do? i am so frustrated over something that should be easy. can you help me please?

p.s.

i have sblive! soundcard.

MARKEG
26-11-2002, 05:17 AM
have you pressed sync on you transport bar? it's only a small thing but that usually fixes some of my midi sync probs when i've forgotten to switch it on!!!!

miromiric.
26-11-2002, 05:37 AM
yep,yep hehehe, i pressed it alright.

sinner
26-11-2002, 09:52 AM
SB Live cards have some MIDI issues with newer versions of Cubase software. Creative doesnt really help too much, but if you check under their support section, I know they have a document listing off some of the midi problems and possible solutions

Some people have had luck using the non creative APSLive drivers, to give you both ASIO capability, and fixing MIDI problems

people.freenet.de/apslive/index1.html

You go in hard, and you go in fast.

DJZeMig_L
29-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Maybe u should make sure u r sending MIDI timming instead of other time codings! also make sure u r choosing the right output port.

2nd check test is 2 plug your Midi out 2 something that can show u that it gettin' messages.... As a LAST case scenĂ¡rio plug the Midi out 2 the in ... this can cause your sistem 2 hang up on ya so make sure the only thing going is midi timing (no notes etc..).

Keep us posted on progresses...

Try other programs just 2 make sure it's not a prob with yer Korg!! (and with yer Cubase)... U have 2 keep doing series of different test 2 rule out possibilities.. including faulty Midi Leads!

Z

miromiric.
01-12-2002, 05:15 PM
thanks for your help, but nothing worx! i installed kx driver (and it rocks, thanx dude) and i`m still getting only emulated ports.

the thing is that my midi keyboard worx properly with the same cable, on the same ports...

maybe my korg is f**** &$#$&$%, who knows!

i`ll try at my friend`s house and then i`ll know for sure.

sinner
04-12-2002, 05:59 AM
The 48 khz limitation with the kx drivers does kind of stink, but it breathed life into a machine that would otherwise have been doing absolutely nothing

I dont have anything MIDI hooked up to that machine though

You go in hard, and you go in fast.

DJZeMig_L
05-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Try other seq. 2 rule out the possibily of yer korg being #$%#$. The emulated ports should work just fine, they do with my midiman Sportman 4x4 usb2midi. Can u borrow a midi interface from a friend just 2 check how it checks out??

Z

mercenary
17-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Actually, the problem is most likely the "emulated port" as there is a known issue. What version are you using? I think the issue was fixed in 1.056. If you are using a legit copy, you can update via Steinberg's site:
www.steinberg.net
The site is terrible - but you'll be able to find your way through to the updates section for SX.

There is a manual fix for midi timing issues due to using emulated drivers, and it can be found after an installation of SX, here is a recap in my own words:

1. Locate your Cubase SX folder, (usually C:\programs\steinberg\cubasesx).

2. Here you will find a folder named 'MIDI Port Enabler'

3. Open this folder.

4.Pick the file "ignoreportfilter" and move it into the Cubase SX / SL application folder (one directory up).

5.Start Cubase SX / SL

6. Now all available MIDI ports provided by the MIDI interface driver will appear in the MIDI device list of Cubase SX / SL.

Please be aware that the MIDI ports now can show up 2 or 3 times in the list. If you're used to manage your MIDI IN by setting "All MIDI Inputs" in the MIDI IN selector, you should go to the Device Setup/All MIDI Inputs and disable the unwanted ports. Otherwise you will record MIDI from multiple ports which results in double MIDI notes.

This was posted on www.cubase.net a little while ago...

278d7e64a374de26f==