PDA

View Full Version : Recent purchases?

eyes without a face
17-05-2003, 01:14 PM
i picked up yesterday

Glenn Wilson + Slobodan - Combined Elements ep (****in cracking double pack)
Glenn Wilson - The Process ep

Planet Rythym 29 and 30 respectively

quality quality techno, how does that man get that sound. respppppppppeccccttttttttttttt

Adverse
17-05-2003, 05:47 PM
the process ep... *passes out* imo best glenn wilson cut ever.

TripleX
17-05-2003, 06:36 PM

you got a good taste man :mrgreen:. I love it as well

miromiric.
18-05-2003, 01:06 AM
british murder boyz II

planetary assault system - funktion 1 (oldie but goldie :P)

throbbing gristle - dimensia in excelsis (live recorded in L.A. back in 1981) - beautiful! :shock: 8)

BritishMurderBoy
18-05-2003, 12:15 PM
BMB 2 is a quality track, i find myself enjoying it more than the first....

daviec
18-05-2003, 01:29 PM

*davie finds himself ordering more records whislt wrecked. 8) :lol: *

Need some more Glenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daviec
18-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Just to keep things in perspective.... I'm on my fifth triple voddy, and I love you all 8)

daviec
18-05-2003, 01:53 PM
you're the best mates... I ever had!!!! 8)

MARKEG
18-05-2003, 11:58 PM
look guys, this british murder boys thing... excuse my ignorance (the amount of records i'm getting at the mo is stupid and it's so hard to keep track) but i've been playing summit by bmb on w label recently... i love it... but i need your help... it's got some mad breakdown of some london guys going absolutely mental. by far the best breakdown on a techno record i've heard for ages .. but then it goes all pussy and i have to quickly mix something darker into it (but it's still and amazing record)....

is this bmb 1 or 2?

if it's 2 - why haven't i got 1 and how could i have been so ignorant as to miss out on it?

if it's 1 - why haven't i got 2 and where can i get it?

miromiric.
19-05-2003, 12:06 AM
it's got some mad breakdown of some london guys going absolutely mental. by far the best breakdown on a techno record i've heard for ages .. but then it goes all pussy and i have to quickly mix something darker into it (but it's still and amazing record)....

is this bmb 1 or 2?

if it's 2 - why haven't i got 1 and how could i have been so ignorant as to miss out on it?

if its 1 or 2 get it on integrale, you can order it there.

does that track have some chick on beginning of the track sayin some monologue?

and if its 1 its not pussy after breakdown, its BEAUTIFUL!!!

in either case u re ignorant cock!

how was belgrade?

Sunil
19-05-2003, 12:17 AM
look guys, this british murder boys thing... excuse my ignorance (the amount of records i'm getting at the mo is stupid and it's so hard to keep track) but i've been playing summit by bmb on w label recently... i love it... but i need your help... it's got some mad breakdown of some london guys going absolutely mental. by far the best breakdown on a techno record i've heard for ages .. but then it goes all pussy and i have to quickly mix something darker into it (but it's still and amazing record)....

is this bmb 1 or 2?

It's No.2, the break is ace, although i've had this conversation with a few people already, when it kicks it doesn't actually *kick*. It's got a very odd but nice melody that comes in after the break kinda like on number 1; it finishes like a Basic Channel record though,makes it sound like another track really, maybe they should have done all that on the flip and really let fly after the break instead?

No.1 is very much on the same theme, was an amazing record too. No.2 is a bit nastier though, some really ****ed up aggressive industrial sounds that pop in. Surgeon hasn't done much in a while, but this was definitely worth waiting for...

Sunil
19-05-2003, 12:25 AM
does that track have some chick on beginning of the track sayin some monologue

They have that chick talking on both of the releases..

miromiric.
19-05-2003, 12:30 AM
what does she say?

Sunil
19-05-2003, 12:36 AM
what does she say?

Good question! She sounds like she's speaking in a phone box, being held by a kidnapper who is letting her make a phonecall home...

Buttman
19-05-2003, 07:21 AM
It is a boy. He was murdered a couple of years ago.

Sam_Horam
19-05-2003, 11:16 AM
It's the voice of Lesley Whittle (a girl) who was kidnapped and killed by Donald Neilson in 1975...

As far as the tracks go I thought the Surgeon track on BMB1 was amazing but I'm not really that into the new BMB release. For reasons pretty similar to Mark's.

Buttman
19-05-2003, 05:10 PM
It seems your information is correct =).

Do not know what to think of them for using those samples..

Subuteo
19-05-2003, 05:15 PM
British Murder Boys 2 - One of the best record I've bought in a while and a one that I can't ever imagine getting sick of. Love it so much I even went and bought the bloody T-shirt !! :D

ampassasinbirmingham
19-05-2003, 07:38 PM
British murder boys 1-Surgeon-Death before surrender(possibly the best techno record ever)- "Faye, erm, i got a bit wet but im quite dry now. Im being treated very well, Okay!"

British murder boys 2-Ive heard that the sample at the end is a girl who was kidnapped and buried underground, and i think thats reis swearing and shouting over the breakdown

ampassasinbirmingham
19-05-2003, 07:43 PM
When surgeon posted on his site that he and regis was making a BMB 2, i thought shit. Why ruin something that is perfect. But to my amazment they have supassed themselves.

Also, dont know if anyones noticed on the cover of british murder boys 1, it says in writing "10" thick hard cock".

This is because in birmingham where i live, there is an industrial area known as digbeth. Apparently surgeon and regis broke into an abandoned public toilet and took loadsa photo's, so on the sleeve its actually a toilet wall :o

Buttman
19-05-2003, 08:48 PM
British murder boys 2-Ive heard that the sample at the end is a girl who was kidnapped and buried underground, and i think thats reis swearing and shouting over the breakdown

Yeah that is Regis shouting. I heard that the whole EP is a reaction against all the "I wanna sound like Regis/Surgeon"-artists out there (and there sure are many!).
Hence all this swearing =)
****ing noise you ****ing cunt!

Buttman
19-05-2003, 08:49 PM
When surgeon posted on his site that he and regis was making a BMB 2, i thought shit. Why ruin something that is perfect. But to my amazment they have supassed themselves.

Keep in mind that BMB2 is a cooperation while BMB1 is not.

massplanck
20-05-2003, 12:08 PM

Yeah that is Regis shouting. I heard that the whole EP is a reaction against all the "I wanna sound like Regis/Surgeon"-artists out there (and there sure are many!).
Hence all this swearing =)
**** noise you **** cunt!

hmmm. one minute people are deriding folk for sounding too 'poppy' (whatever) and the next they are in the shit for trying to sound like regis & surgeon?

Buttman
20-05-2003, 12:44 PM
hmmm. one minute people are deriding folk for sounding too 'poppy' (whatever) and the next they are in the shit for trying to sound like regis & surgeon?

Life is tough.

massplanck
20-05-2003, 01:37 PM

Life is tough.

i didnt accuse u!! anyway regis copied loads of other peoples ideas...

ampassasinbirmingham
20-05-2003, 02:46 PM
but wouldnt you say that nearly all techno is a spin off from music you have heard before with their own ideas added?

massplanck
20-05-2003, 02:49 PM
but wouldnt you say that nearly all techno is a spin off from music you have heard before with their own ideas added?

spot on. were standing on the shoulders of giants or something like that!! :lol:

anyway whats origional about a 4/4 beat? shouldnt the 'true' pioneers be attempting to make techno with 9/14 or 3/7 timing!! er.. actually no.. we'd all break our legs trying to dance to it!!

massplanck
20-05-2003, 02:51 PM

Life is tough.

whats your take on the fact that surgeon ventured into synth pop & cheese territory when he played over here last month?

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 02:52 PM
anyway regis copied loads of other peoples ideas...

name one!

anyway shouldn`t tony and karl be really happy and proud about what they made and about the fact they have musical children?

ok i understand them being pissed when someone samples them, but being angry about someone making music with their influence is :roll: .

what should guyz from coil or throbbing gristle say to tony and karl then?

massplanck
20-05-2003, 03:03 PM
anyway regis copied loads of other peoples ideas...

name one!

anyway shouldn`t tony and karl be really happy and proud about what they made and about the fact they have musical children?

ok i understand them being pissed when someone samples them, but being angry about someone making music with their influence is :roll: .

what should guyz from coil or throbbing gristle say to tony and karl then?

you just named two for me!

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 03:07 PM
i was being sarcastic lol

Buttman
20-05-2003, 05:36 PM

Life is tough.

whats your take on the fact that surgeon ventured into synth pop & cheese territory when he played over here last month?

I spanked him for that.
Besides, I see him primarily as an artist and not a dj.

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 05:52 PM
thats true. djing isnt so important as making music is.
but the fact he likes that trancey cheeeesy tunet is a little bit weird to me.

he played at brno recently, my guyz went to see him. they listened to him for 30 mins, they just couldnt stand it anymore, their heart was breaking apart. but how he started that set was,according to them, best music they ever heard.

its all just weird to me. either we dont get that cheesy trax either he s being ultimativly sarcastic :lol: .

massplanck
20-05-2003, 05:53 PM
.[/quote]

whats your take on the fact that surgeon ventured into synth pop & cheese territory when he played over here last month?[/quote]

I spanked him for that.
Besides, I see him primarily as an artist and not a dj.[/quote]

Tell that to the 400 people who paid 18 euros each in to see him play records . The point is really that I dont mind what he plays but no-one has the right to a particular sound... they can be associated with it, the can be credited as having started the whole movement or whatever but I cant tolerate the sort of crap some of Detroits 'legends' used to come out with like 'those white boys are copying us & destroying the sound'. OK you can lay into them if they blatantly copy/sample a track without giving credit but you dont hear beyer/the hacker moaning about the copycats they spawned. They just get on with it.

massplanck
20-05-2003, 05:56 PM
its all just weird to me. either we dont get that cheesy trax either he s being ultimativly sarcastic :lol: .

maybe it just breaks you heart to discover that surgeon isnt all about pounding loops and can appreciate other forms of music? You cant be called a true music lover if all you listen to is some narrow-splinter-genre of hard techno? And even he knows this...

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 05:59 PM
when was tony all about pounding loops?

massplanck
20-05-2003, 06:02 PM

what he doesnt use loops now? and his tracks aint (usually) hard?

massplanck
20-05-2003, 06:04 PM

you know what i mean... he's a great producer but stop ducking the issue!! :)

T
20-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I haven't heard Surgeon dj out for a few years, have just heard 15 mins on John Peel a while ago, but have bought plenty of his music. To be honest if i was going to a night he was djing at, I would not expect his sets to be straight up pounding techno beats. Expect the unexpected! I could be wrong but that is just my perception.

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 06:07 PM
i really dont have a clue what are you talking about. as i understood it you re accusing me that i only enjoy hard loops.

i find it rascistic and humiliating. i demand a duel.

massplanck
20-05-2003, 06:14 PM
i really dont have a clue what are you talking about. as i understood it you re accusing me that i only enjoy hard loops.

i find it rascistic and humiliating. i demand a duel.

I'm not!!!!! I'll have a fight anyway though!!! :)

You just fling the word 'cheese' around a bit too much for my liking.;)

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 06:20 PM
ok u choose the weapon. i choose the place. u know that little cosy gay club "blue oyster" on the crossroad of 5th and brother street? meet me there at 12pm tommorow.

i call it cheesy cause its yukie. yukie, not tasty.

T
20-05-2003, 06:20 PM
However i do appreciate that when people pay good money to go out and have a good stomp to some techno they get a little miffed when big name dj's start getting a bit random with the selection rather than playing what a few hundered people on the dance floor are gagging for.
I'm personally up for hearing whatever it is a dj is going to play, even if it is different/eclectic/experimental/whatever, as i enjoy techno both physically (dancing) and mentally (listening at home/work/wherever) but some people just want to go out and get get down to some hard techno...and before anyone says, that does not necessarily mean they belong in a cheesy hard house club.

miromiric.
20-05-2003, 06:29 PM
we re not talking here about throbbing gristle/coil/cabaret voltaire noize experimental stuff, we re talking here about
http://217.158.65.110/MP3/SF85255.mp3
kind of a groove mixed with bmb.

T
20-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Doesn't really suprise me that surgeon has been playing that out.

massplanck
21-05-2003, 03:22 PM
ok u choose the weapon. i choose the place. u know that little cosy gay club "blue oyster" on the crossroad of 5th and brother street? meet me there at 12pm tommorow.

i call it cheesy cause its yukie. yukie, not tasty.

sound!!

sorry for pissing you.. i have a complex at the moment!! i've been shunning the harder stuff of late and am getting flack from purists!! thats why i'm feeling so insecure!!

no worries. I'll still meet u at the club though... :shock:

serox
22-05-2003, 11:05 PM
think that record mark mentions is weak. maybe has 10 secs which bang, rest is diet.

check
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ser/my%20musik/mp3/serox_i_kill_you_all_mix.wma for a hard set.

peace

/serox

serox
22-05-2003, 11:08 PM
maybe im too tired but i couldnt see a edit button?

was gunna ask, anyone going to bother see Jeff Mills and Luke Slater live this weekend?

last 2 times i was there the mixing was worse i ever seen...

/serox

ROD
27-05-2003, 10:51 AM
yo.
i got the newest APEX..........what....!
best tune i ever heard....in my intire life...!
dave is always amazing...
congratulations......and peace
ROD

Paul Nisbet
27-05-2003, 07:22 PM
skull 7
black out audio - lecken, lecken
new picotto tracks - 10 track promo cd
mark tyler - axis of evil
couple on cluster
new glenn wilson tune

278d7e64a374de26f==