PDA

View Full Version : Battery in Fruity

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 08:57 AM
loaded the sample and have put in the sequencer the notes I want the sample to play in. now why won't it play?? stumped

RDR
12-03-2005, 09:14 AM
i'd like to help, but thats not really enough info AT...

which OS
which fruity
which battery?
have you remembered that battery is drum sampler and will only play a sound for a specific note? (i know its a daft question...)

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
using fruity 4 and the latest battery. I can get a sound out of battery when I press the sample cell but in the fruity sequencer when I click for the kick drums to appear and press play it doesn't play anything. I've clicked on just about everything.

nova
12-03-2005, 11:09 AM
im on kontakt so not 100%. hav you set the key note like c3 for the sample to sound on that key

nova
12-03-2005, 12:03 PM
key spilts dude

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 01:37 PM
?????????????????

Barely Human
12-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Just a question...

Why would you want to use Battery in fruity, when fruity is one of the best samplers out there???

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Just a question...

Why would you want to use Battery in fruity, when fruity is one of the best samplers out there???

The interpolation on the sample pitch dial sounds better in battery and I think it has a better range.

Barely Human
12-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, im a bit rusty on this, but im sure you have to map the sample over a key range. Its in the sample properties somewhere as far as i remember....

John Ferraris
12-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Battery usually starts off with cell 1 being C1, cell 2 being C#1 and so on... but u can set them to what u want. Try putting Battery on a spare FX channel and add a Midi Out. Put the Midi Out and Battery on the same port number (the number on the right). You'll need to enable multiple outs in Fruity to get the samples to come out of seperate FX channels, rather than the same.

But as IQ said, why battery? Fruity is approximatley 1,000,000 times more flexible, and when u render a project to a wave on a decent setting pretty much does battery in the nuts anyway.

AcidTrash
12-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Tried just about everythiong. still no worky. But now I've discvered what that little digital number next to the pitch dial I'm abandoning all attempts to use battery. Thanks guys. Point taken. I shud have known better than not to trust fruity

:)

loopdon
13-03-2005, 07:03 AM
"not to trust fruity", erm, okay.

"poor workman blames his tools" ;)

i suppose you can get all you want by using the playlist, the drums should be mapped. if i am wrong, slate me :lol:

fresh_an_funky_design
13-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Just a question...

cos battery 2 kick ass, its an amzing drum sampler. And it prob costs more than fruity to buy, so there's prob a lot more development gone into the software, especially considered its buy Native Instruments whose plug-ins really rock

John Ferraris
13-03-2005, 08:04 PM
And it prob costs more than fruity to buy, so there's prob a lot more development gone into the software

Classic arguement againsty Fruity :lol: Fruity is living proof that u don't need to be one of the big-boy developers or cost an arm and a leg to deliver brilliant results ;) :lol:

Barely Human
13-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Just a question...

cos battery 2 kick ass, its an amzing drum sampler. And it prob costs more than fruity to buy, so there's prob a lot more development gone into the software, especially considered its buy Native Instruments whose plug-ins really rock

Thats such a dumb arguement man. Just because somone decides to rip yopu off, doesnt mean its better. I'll write a sampler in synth edit and charge £2000 for it, then its better than any of them :cool:

fresh_an_funky_design
14-03-2005, 03:38 PM
i dont wanna get into an argument about fruity as i think you can all figure out wot my opinon of it is, an i have used it i think its all right, but i prefer logic 7

schlongfingers
14-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah uninformed.

:D horses for courses though.

miss bass
14-03-2005, 11:01 PM
i prefer battery myself , not sure why though, fruity is so much simpler, although battery is simple.... err if you get me. Not sure how i feel about fruity, it would help if i had the software i guess :lol: But yeh like evryone says, its the results that matter not the means in which they were created i guess.

Sorry AcidTrash, im about as much help as trash on acid or bass on a miss.

278d7e64a374de26f==