PDA

View Full Version : logic question

nova
12-03-2005, 04:11 PM
ive ony got 8 audioinst channels at the mo on logic. whats an easy way to get more up?. ive tried before and it was just duplicating channels. i wonna hav 16 audioinst up realy. anyone no how

nova
12-03-2005, 05:33 PM
anyone kno. gotta get more inst up. 8 not enough

Basil Rush
12-03-2005, 05:49 PM
There's a box on the left in logic where you can choose what kind of hting your audio object is, includnig a list of audio instruments.

I can't rmeember what they call this box, but look on the left of the environment window and see what you can change, you should be able to select from things like "Track, Input, Aux and Instrument" I think...

nova
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
and how do i pull the page open to see my "write automation". like plugin filters and things ;)

geelist
13-03-2005, 12:04 AM
To see the Write automation on logic 5.5 on pc i go to "view", then click track automation and just write in what i need.....hope this helps.

nova
13-03-2005, 10:58 AM
cool. does it come up as a box? where you can see the lines and that

geelist
13-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Ive had zero experience with logic on macs but with the version of logic i use i just hold left click on the selected track in the arrange window and you get the options for your vsti/effects etc come up. then i just select the pencil tool and write in the automation on the track itself. Hope that helps.

fresh_an_funky_design
13-03-2005, 05:37 PM
you need to say what version of logic your running as the interface has changed a lot from version 6-7. And there both different from version 5.

If its logic 7 i can help you

nova
13-03-2005, 07:11 PM
logic 6 im on,

fresh_an_funky_design
14-03-2005, 03:34 PM
my flat mate runs logic 6, i'll ask him when he gets back,

nova
15-03-2005, 11:36 AM
hi m8,

right ive got more audioinst up now from 8 to 16. so thats cool sorted that. now i need more audio channels. theres only 4 up in the arrange and i want 16 again. the way i got more audioinst up was by clicking on the last audioinst channel then clicking function creat channel. then click and hold the audioinst that has just come up. and re number it.

when i tri this on an audio channel it will bring me up a new audio part . like say at the moment i hav 4 up. bring another up so ive got 5 audio channels. 5 audio channels. but 2 will be number 4. so i click and hold last audio part number 4 but to be 5. and in the list were i would select wot number i want that channel ( 5 ) there will only be 4 in the list. where as the audioinst there was loads like up to 24. ive looked in audio prefrences. to check that theres that mainy anabled. and that says 24. is there another setting somwhere to say how mainy audio channels i can hav.

thanks guys got my 16audioinst up now just gotta my 16 audio channels up now. 4 sucks ;)

nova
15-03-2005, 06:16 PM
got my track automation sorted now. cheers guys. its wicked. just cant get a few more audio channels up

fresh_an_funky_design
16-03-2005, 06:16 PM
sounds like,it needs to be set up properly. Go back into logic setup assistant and set it all up again.

Or could be because you've been using an external sound card an gone back to using core audio.

Not to sure if that makes sense, makes sense in my head but i'm crap at explaining :lol:

nova
16-03-2005, 07:53 PM
ive turned the audio channels up now to 16 in the setup assistant. it was at 4. but its still not letting me hav more up then 4.

is there anything else i need to do. i tick on disable coreaudio. is that right? i use logic with a motu 828mk2.

gotta get more audio channels up. got a track coming along. but not anough audio channels. cheers

nova
16-03-2005, 08:02 PM
i had to un tick that disable coreaudio. coz cut the sound out. cant get my head round this :doh:

fresh_an_funky_design
17-03-2005, 11:53 AM
definetly a strange problem,you got there. My mate uses logic 6 with a motu 896, an he was scratching his head at this. Your best bet is to email apple, there shit hot at sorting your problems out, they usually get back to you within a day or too, unlike microsoft who are impossible to contact!

nova
18-03-2005, 09:00 AM
thanks for you help fresh and funky. ive done it now dude. wot it was was that i was tring to bring up the audio channel before it had a channel. just had to do it in the enviroment. mak more audio mixer channels. what track number i wanted it say 5 as i could only get 4 up. and just to name it. like audio 5. then in the arrange bring up an audio part and change to audio 5. tricky logics wicked tho

davethedrummer
22-03-2005, 09:40 PM
yeah it's the enviroment page where you add all your extra channels and stuff also where you se up your midid instruments and audio instruments

i've been working on a few different template startup pages with different combinations of instruments and effects all ready so i don't have to keep setting up while i'm trying to write/edit

also maybe set up a reverb and a delay on a couple of busses and turn the fx sends on on all your audio channels , it won't take up any cpu and it means you get a reverb and a delay when you want it rather than setting up a new one every time.
of course you can do the same for any other effect.

logic gets way more fun when you sit down and get the seup right
otherwise i find it a bit slow and boring to use

nova
22-03-2005, 10:07 PM
cool cheers dave, ive been setting up the busses latly. just probaly not useing reverb enough. geting to sound right. setting up templates with fx sounds cool . i had to get a chap to send me an arrange for my midi for all the ports on amt8. logics wicked. just 1 thing the audio editor dont line up to easy. bit of a pain when tring record 303 in well any hardware?

i seen you play at berkly suite

278d7e64a374de26f==