PDA

View Full Version : Apex Beat - Hexinal (Something different)

Apex Beat
13-03-2005, 02:24 PM
As mentioned, something different from my otherstuff. Probably needs touching up a little, what does everyone think? Cheers!

http://junkies.splask.co.uk/Apex%20Beat%20-%20Hexinal.mp3

Updated, bring the breaks in earlier and added another synth. Taken the cyanide of the bassline as well to try and bring it through the mix more. Enjoy! Cheers x

Evil G
13-03-2005, 02:34 PM
the breakbeat is pretty nice when it finally comes in, but the rest of the percussion is pretty stiff. i think that reggae style bassline needs to be a lot heavier. the arrangement could be filled out more - maybe some organ or guitar stabs.

cheers

detfella
14-03-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah i gotta agree with g about the stiffness in the beats at the start, for me its those 2 hits at the end of the bar. i like the b-line, its ripping thru my speakers, maybe some extra modulation ?

really liking your style tho bro!

Apex Beat
14-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Cheers for the feedback, always extremely appriciated. I'll try and address the problems and update it. Might add a funky acid riff to it :rambo:

BRADLEE
14-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Apex Beat “Hexinal”

Starts off with this little bassline and immediately goes into the breakbeat rhythms. A couple of little drops here and there bringing in the new sounds to the arrangement. Although not very much in the realm of direction. Just doesn’t seem to go anywhere for me. Plus, overall the sound quality is pretty good, but the sounds pallete is not so diverse. Just very ordinary noises being used, and they also sound very dry. I guess it just sounds too much like it came from fruity to me.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be harsh, there is just much work left to be done on this track. I would personally suggest using another kick on top of your original to give it extra punch. Maybe also add in some more meat to the track. A synth, some perc, a stab, or some samples…. Also some creative edits in here (I.E. Some reverse edits, stutters, filters, delay edits, or even some bit crusher sequences) will help out.

This is just my 2 cents though as to what I feel would be best. My opinion is just that though…mine…

Apex Beat
15-03-2005, 12:09 AM
No thats helpful mate, There'd be no point in putting the tracks up here if everyone didnt speak their mind critically. Thanks for your time. I'm in the process of adding to the percussion and layering more synths in there. Probably some effects and more samples too, thanks everyone been really helpful. I'll post back the finished version in a day or two. Cheers x

278d7e64a374de26f==