PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at hard techno !!!

Rob_S
15-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi peeps theres a small story behind this tune, i have a mate who's nick name is Jibberish, hes pestered me for months to have a bash at techno, i normally do hard trance! So i thought **** it why not.

Its my first attempt at techno and is basically me going mental and having a bit of fun, i threw the trance rule book out of the window when i did this and am fairly happy with it, if nothing else its a fun track. I'd be really grateful for any comments on this or anyone that can offer help in getting into techno properly, i have lots of mad ideas for tunes but need some help guys

Rob

http://www.robzshop.co.uk/rob-s/Jibberish.mp3

CORROSIVE
15-03-2005, 02:50 PM
sounds pretty good, nice hard techno sound, nice use of samples, made me laugh :clap: . :twisted: like the breakdown. i think the synths could change a bit more, make them go somewhere. and use of some filters during the breakdown would sound good imo. but other than that its a damn good atempt at hard techno.

Rob_S
15-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for taking the time to comment m8 i appreciate it glad you listened, expect some more techno from me soon!!

BRADLEE
15-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Jibberish

Great start for a hard techno corker. Very stiff jacking beat, but also with enough bounce not to break you in half. Very nice. A few intelligent little edits here and there to display the new features of the sound palette. Then also a nice little edit going into the break and yet another nice use of the bit crusher coming out of the break. Although the female vocal snip sample is less than hard IMO. Maybe substitute that noise for another sound. Although that is just my opinion. Also the vocal snips used after the next break are a bit out of place in style I think…but once again this is just my opninion. Overall though my friend, I’d have to say quite a good job. The sound quality is clean, EQ’ing seems pretty proper as well. Very nice job, especially for your first attempt at hard techno. Bravo

Rob_S
16-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks mate glad you liked some of it!! Starting something new already maybe try not to go too dark with it tho

Cheers for commenting m8, :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==