PDA

View Full Version : Champions League

The-last-man
15-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok, im biased (sp?) in this one, but if this happened, who do you think should get the place?

Everton finish 4th but liverpool win the champions league, and this would mean everton only getting e uefa cup spot!

Personnaly, i think that it should be 4th place gets it regardless.

What ya reckon?

Esox Lucius
15-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I agree, the team who have won the champions league have done just that, won it. so another team who havew worked hard all season should have a chance.

cant see it happening myself, they are doing well but i doubt they can go all the way.

The-last-man
15-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree, the team who have won the champions league have done just that, won it. so another team who havew worked hard all season should have a chance.

cant see it happening myself, they are doing well but i doubt they can go all the way.

I dont think for 1 minute they'll do it, but stranger things have happend. Euro 2004 is a perfect example.

Frank Dogshit
15-03-2005, 03:46 PM
only the top 2 should get in the champions league really....fuk all this finishing 4th business....hardly champions were they?

The-last-man
15-03-2005, 03:48 PM
only the top 2 should get in the champions league really....fuk all this finishing 4th business....hardly champions were they?

I sort of agree with you mate, in fact, id say champs league should be exactly that, just for the champions of each league.

Traxx
15-03-2005, 03:53 PM
There's no debate the champions get to defend there title automatically. Id love it if you got 4th & we won it would be fukin hilarious. Cant see it happening though.

Traxx
15-03-2005, 03:55 PM

We would of worked very fukin hard in this years to win it with a half shite team. Fourth place doesnt count for shit. It shouldnt even be there. Top 2 & fuk the rest off.

Esox Lucius
15-03-2005, 04:00 PM

We would of worked very fukin hard in this years to win it with a half shite team. Fourth place doesnt count for shit. It shouldnt even be there. Top 2 & fuk the rest off.

something makes me think that if it was liverpool in our situation you wouldnt have the opinion you do know

i agree with top 2 though, top 4 teams is a bit much.

top 2 - champions league
3rd & 4th - uefa

nothing for 5 & 6.

Traxx
15-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Hypothetically if we were to win it & you to get fourth & not get in, it would piss me off if I was a blue nose. But there isn’t a argument really, the champions always get to defend there title regardless of who is in fourth place. If weren’t in a battle with you for the 4th spot it wouldn’t even be getting made out to be as big of a deal as it is now.

Traxx
15-03-2005, 04:04 PM
top 2 - champions league
3rd & 4th - uefa

nothing for 5 & 6.

Aye!

macca
15-03-2005, 07:39 PM
daft ****in poll this if u win the champions league u deserve 2 defend u tellin me who ever finish's 4th in the premier league deserves 2 take there place :dontevengothere: sorry nothin 2 do with it being blues vs reds if was the other way round id be pissed off but tha dosent matter it would be the right decision

Esox Lucius
15-03-2005, 07:43 PM
fair enough i see your point about defending the title, see what happens but i cant see you having milan or chelsea off so no need to worry.

macca
15-03-2005, 07:45 PM
fair enough i see your point about defending the title, see what happens but i cant see you having milan or chelsea off so no need to worry.

cant c it me self but ya never no look what happened last year wit porto an monaco if the final u never no m8

Esox Lucius
15-03-2005, 07:54 PM
very true, you are on form i will give you that.

nick_anarchy
15-03-2005, 08:48 PM
only 1st place should get the champions hence the name CHAMPIONS u aint that if u finish 2nd 3rd , 4th ha when we wont it in 1999 we finished 2nd the season b4 to enter it so but i think it should only be top spot who get in

Frank Dogshit
15-03-2005, 08:51 PM
only 1st place should get the champions hence the name CHAMPIONS u aint that if u finish 2nd 3rd , 4th ha when we wont it in 1999 we finished 2nd the season b4 to enter it so but i think it should only be top spot who get in

then there'd only be about 8 teams in the competition mate...... ;)

not much tv money in that setup for sure. :lol:

macca
15-03-2005, 09:17 PM

i no it would be shite wouldnt it sorry nick that would make the competition shite imo

Traxx
15-03-2005, 09:32 PM
i no it would be shite wouldnt it sorry nick that would make the competition shite imo

I don’t think that would be such a bad thing the way things are now. There is far to much emphasis put on the champions league. Finishing 3rd & 4th is great all of a sudden just because you get in the champions league & 9 time’s out of 10 the teams that get those last 2 places are only made up coz of the money nothing to do with the prestige of being in the competition.

Our own league is suffering more then its gaining in my opinion coz its only the same 5 or 6 teams that ever get into the competition year after year & you find more & more now that our own cups are being fuk’d off by these teams because of the demands of the Champions league. Its no good.

nick_anarchy
15-03-2005, 09:53 PM

well no if u did notice it used to be the top team who entered of didnt u watch it a few years ago dannyboy :nono:

278d7e64a374de26f==