PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else have the same problems?

Col
19-05-2003, 02:38 PM
i thought i d touch on the subject of finishing tracks, does anyone else find it very hard to complete a track, i currently have about 8/9 tracks on the go and i feel the potential is there but i seem to struggle to finish any of them, i dont know what it is, there just seems to be something missing from all of my tracks, when i think i have identified the missing link, i seem to be wrong. or i cant get the sound or idea i have in my head into the track, it seems im just suffering from a lack of inspiration at the moment, maybe its the fact im stuck at home staring at the same 4 walls, watching countless shit on television, or maybe i need to spend more time exploring and experimenting with my soft synths, maybe i need some hardware, decent monitors, etc maybe i should stop ****ing moaning.... :( what do you think? do you encounter the same problems? how do you overcome these problems?

eyes without a face
19-05-2003, 03:58 PM
i know exactly wot u mean mate. i suffer from this big time. its so annoying, ive currently got about 10 tracks that are about 2 mins long, some of which im impressed with, but i just find it very hard to sit down for long enough and get the baby sequenced how id like and finished off!!!!

arrgggghhhhhhh

massplanck
19-05-2003, 04:17 PM
i know exactly wot u mean mate. i suffer from this big time. its so annoying, ive currently got about 10 tracks that are about 2 mins long, some of which im impressed with, but i just find it very hard to sit down for long enough and get the baby sequenced how id like and finished off!!!!

arrgggghhhhhhh

alright lads... i think we are all in the same boat here. It can be interpreted as a good thing though because it could indicate that u are all perfectionists but whats the point if u cant finish stuff? At the same time Beyer has gone on the record as saying that he has never been 100% happy with any of his releases but it is just a case of biting the bullet and hoping for the best.

The way that i sometime overcome this 'only 2 minutes long' syndrome.. is too.. er copy the first two minutes of your song and paste it in at the end
of the track. ok so you havent exactly structured the rest of your tune but you havent got a blank space at the end of ur 2 minute sequenece and you cant now visulaise where you want to get to next... it tends to help if even if it sounds silly...

Sunil
19-05-2003, 04:31 PM
i thought i d touch on the subject of finishing tracks, does anyone else find it very hard to complete a track, i currently have about 8/9 tracks on the go and i feel the potential is there but i seem to struggle to finish any of them, i dont know what it is, there just seems to be something missing from all of my tracks, when i think i have identified the missing link, i seem to be wrong. or i cant get the sound or idea i have in my head into the track, it seems im just suffering from a lack of inspiration at the moment, maybe its the fact im stuck at home staring at the same 4 walls, watching countless shit on television, or maybe i need to spend more time exploring and experimenting with my soft synths, maybe i need some hardware, decent monitors, etc maybe i should stop **** moaning.... :( what do you think? do you encounter the same problems? how do you overcome these problems?

It's a very common problem, my main problem is that I don't get enough time to get a full run at a track hence why I have a lot of unfinished ones, I guess ideas are very spontaneous so getting it all done there and then is advisable as it can be hard to recapture your original feeling for the track when you are doing it in dribs or drabs. I'm still confident that I'll get some of the good ones finished soon though :)

crime
19-05-2003, 09:54 PM
This is where having hardware sequencers, jamming everything Live, recording into soundforge and editing it down really comes into its own, you just end up with 7 or 8 minuits of audio to edit down, so you can pick the best bits out and wedge them all together....
Like you know how a track can sound so good when it's just a loop, i.e. unarranged, you can capture that moment and vibe, and then sort out the arrangement later...

also I find if an idea don't work within a few hours scrap it, cos it ain't ever gonna work.... if it rocks, it rocks...

audioinjection
29-05-2003, 04:44 PM
I have sooooo many tracks that aren't done, it's crazy! I just try to sit now and then and commit myself to just one song and work on it. That's my best advice, it takes a lot of patience.

Col
02-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Yes thats what im now starting to do, concentrating on finishing the er...unfinished tracks, ive promised myself i wont start making any more tracks, but im still finding it hard, im in desperate need of inspiration, and fast.

278d7e64a374de26f==