PDA

View Full Version : Track lauw Pink

lau
16-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Well it has been a while since a last posted a track....
Started using ableton in stead of logic a couple of weeks ago...
kinda have to learn it all over again...so to start just a normal 4x4 track
'd love to get some feedback especially on the mix....

LINK (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rutgrrr/PINK2.mp3)

tnx lau

BRADLEE
16-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Lau “Pink”

Immediately driving me into my seat this track kicks in. Just letting the perc ride for 4 bars of the musik and a nice little effect right before the 4x4 action kicks in. Nice little touch. Intelligent edits removing the kick and the bass in the first section. Very nice use of them, and very well timed. Even some nice little filter edit action going on to go into the break. And what an ill little break it is. Dropping to just an ambient noise and bringing the new pieces of the sound pallete. Then the perc and kick ripps back in to bring back the pain. And then the break roughly @ 2:30 is also dope. Just some nice noise and ambient features to keep you locked in and interested. Lots of other little intellingent edits throughout. However there is one synth noise that I think needs a bit more movement. Maybe just something to drag it out, or maybe another pattern to give it change using the same noise. Although all in all this is a great track in my opninion!!! Nicely done

audioinjection
16-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Lau “Pink”

Immediately driving me into my seat this track kicks in. Just letting the perc ride for 4 bars of the musik and a nice little effect right before the 4x4 action kicks in. Nice little touch. Intelligent edits removing the kick and the bass in the first section. Very nice use of them, and very well timed. Even some nice little filter edit action going on to go into the break. And what an ill little break it is. Dropping to just an ambient noise and bringing the new pieces of the sound pallete. Then the perc and kick ripps back in to bring back the pain. And then the break roughly @ 2:30 is also dope. Just some nice noise and ambient features to keep you locked in and interested. Lots of other little intellingent edits throughout. However there is one synth noise that I think needs a bit more movement. Maybe just something to drag it out, or maybe another pattern to give it change using the same noise. Although all in all this is a great track in my opninion!!! Nicely done

gotta love the new and improved reviews brad gives :P

BRADLEE
16-03-2005, 05:45 PM

Yeah I'm just trying to be accurate and professional about it. I figure the more descriptive the better.

lau
16-03-2005, 05:45 PM

lol I sure do!!! tnx dudes.... :lol:

will work on the synths...

lau

lau
18-03-2005, 03:34 PM
have made some small edits and worked a bit on the synth.
Pushed the synth a bit more to the background and changed the pattern
at the end of the song.....

hope u like it...

more feedback is always welcome!!

lau

lau
18-03-2005, 03:34 PM
b.t.w. link is still the same...

BRADLEE
18-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Pakage that and send it out now man. I'd definitely buy it if I were to hear it anywhere. Really good job homie, I love the edits you did. Gave it tons more flare my friend. Keep up all of the great work!!!! You hit the nail on the head for sure. :rambo:

dirty_bass
18-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I can`t see the point of magazine like reviews explaining what happens in the tune?
As if you listen to it, then you know what happens.
Or are you trying to get a job as a reviewer brad?

I wasn`t huge fan of this tune. I liked the ringing pads though.

Still other than my personal taste, the production was pretty good
:clap:

dan the acid man
18-03-2005, 06:09 PM
i cant say im a fan of this structure wise, but thats just a personal thing, pretty good production, love the synths.

there does seem to be a little more space to fill though in the eq, probably a little mid space

BRADLEE
18-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I can`t see the point of magazine like reviews explaining what happens in the tune?
As if you listen to it, then you know what happens.
Or are you trying to get a job as a reviewer brad?

No, but if someone wanted to hire me as one, I'd gladly quit my current day gig. LOL

I'm just trying to be as discriptive as possble really. :rambo:

MITA
18-03-2005, 08:49 PM
there does seem to be a little more space to fill though in the eq, probably a little mid space

exactly what was on my mind too lau.

a bit mids and low mids missing to my ears.

didnt like the sinth that much too.

lau
07-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Totally forgot about this one....

Had a new version but forgot to post it....

The synths are gone now and I added some mids also added some cutzzz..

hope you like it...

LINK (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rutgrrr/PINK2_version2_Rendered.mp3)

lau

BRADLEE
07-04-2005, 05:59 PM
****ING SWEET LAU :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==