PDA

View Full Version : HELP WANTED!!

mutl3y
01-12-2002, 09:10 PM
My daughter is on a course where she needs a computer/laptop to carry on producing tunes at home.

Does anyone have any suggestions as the the minimum requirements that i would need to look for, preferably for a laptop and the sort of cost invloved?

What is the least amount of money that you think i could get something for as i don't really have the money to spend out, but she does need it?

Does anyone have anything they want to sell?

Cheers

Paul
Edited by: mutl3y at: 12/1/02 4:11:55 pm

sinner
03-12-2002, 07:40 AM
If you are planning the laptop route, I would suggest one of the Sony Vaio line of machines, if only for the absolutely stunning displays, and its fairly competitive pricing with the rest of the laptop world

They arent terribly inexpensive, but their entry level machines well configured are decently priced at around 1500 pounds. The model I'm looking at in front of me is PCG-GRS515M , but there are many different models

For audio purposes, the M-Audio USB Quattro would mate well to a laptop, and if 4/4 isnt enough, they have an expansion to 10/10 . The USB Quattro is $349 USD

Web links

www.m-audio.com/products/...uattro.php

www.vaio.sony-europe.com/...rames.html

Mike

You go in hard, and you go in fast.

Anonymous
09-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Cheers for the info sinner, but unfortunetly it's all way out of my price range, but i've had a lot of help from a few other people who have let me know about bargans that are on the web.

I've now decided that she will have to have a Desktop PC, which means i can go in at entry level and upgrade as she needs it.

JACKSTAR
10-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Just 1 word of advise though..............DON'T BUY A DELL..........!!!!! I have had nothing but trouble with them and the tech-support are about the worst EVER. Midi timing problems with Me and XP so I had to get a copy of 98se and partition the hard drive off in order to get anything to work. The Sony laptop will be worth the extra money i think.

P.

JACKSTAR
10-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Just 1 word of advise though..............DON'T BUY A DELL..........!!!!! I have had nothing but trouble with them and the tech-support are about the worst EVER. Midi timing problems with Me and XP so I had to get a copy of 98se and partition the hard drive off in order to get anything to work. The Sony laptop will be worth the extra money i think.

P.

JACKSTAR
10-12-2002, 09:07 AM

P.

Sincs
28-07-2003, 02:21 PM
I think we got yer point about Dells! lol

Vaio's are very, very nice machines, currently have two. One is a nightmare though as the screen keeps falling over.

I know this is out of your price range, but if you ever get the opportunity, have a look at http://www.alienware.co.uk, sweet laptops and very, very powerful.

278d7e64a374de26f==