PDA

View Full Version : Timo Benz - Spring

TimoBenz
17-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Because the spring is coming up here at the moment I produced a new track :-)

I hope you enjoy it: www.timobenz.de/tracks/timobenz-spring.mp3

dirty_bass
17-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Tune was nice.
Found the production to be very bland and flat. Nothng stood out or sparkled.
The hats had no bite or zing.
The kick had no depth or punch.
No sub at all other than that of the kick?
The synth stabs were very dry and needed some verb and delay to create more interesting movement. They sounded very much like a preset straight off of a VST instrument.
The main pads also lacked movement and presence that some good compression and excitation would add, maybe also a little movement via an lfo assigned filter or something.
the only real energy is provided by the rides, that out sparkle everything.

Overall a good tune let down by lackluster production.

TimoBenz
18-03-2005, 05:32 AM
thx dirty_bass for your comment... but I didn't use any VST instruments and any presets ;-)

BRADLEE
18-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Timo Benz ‘Spring”

Starts off in the proper Spring fashion I believe just a nice smooth groove and bits of tech/synth influence. A couple of nice little edits too where the beat is removed to let the perc fly on it’s own. Bringing the kick back for more dancefloor activity. Very nice so far. And the little break roughly @ 2:30 was a very nice aspect as well. Gives the listener a chance to cool down and process all that is going on. Bringing you back out of it with some smooth strings for additional emotion. Even dropping in the ride on the proper frame, without over use. All very good. Nice filter action on the synth as well to create more movement and change within the synth. All in all a very nice tune. Kudos.

My only comments are that the kick seems to be hiding in back of the mix, and as Steve said, just a bit of sub bass would be a nice addition. Also maybe a few drum/synth edits here and there to keep things interesting. But all in all, very good my friend. This is proper dancefloor techno. I would definitely rock this one as well.

MITA
18-03-2005, 08:37 PM
nice track timo!

not my cup of tea,but deffo recognizable benz style!

loved the hats. and as dirty said..a bit sub would be nice.

other than that track seems to be in place,,,

cheerz mate

278d7e64a374de26f==