PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser HD25

tekboi
19-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey guys,

Any websites that are selling these headphones new for $400AU or less?

Here in Australia they are selling them a little too expensive for me, they are definately worth it but I just dont have the money. If there is somewhere in Australia that someone knows also let me know.

Thanks.

Craig McW
20-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I got mine from Factory Sound in South Melbourne for about $300 I think.... give them a call.

Milesy
20-03-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www.decks.co.uk/products/headphones/sennheiser/hd25

works out about $290AU

Digital Kid
22-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Don't buy them for producing far too bass heavy.

Try the BeyerDT250 headphones much more flat response (if you want them for producing).

You can find them usually on Ebay.

Basil Rush
22-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Oh god, yeah these are the ones with the sureally loud bass .. .they have them in record shops to make you think all the records sound amazing! :)

MangaFish
22-03-2005, 10:50 PM
they dont sound bassy at all to me - if anything they sound like they have little bass and lots going on in the top end :eh:

Craig McW
23-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Senny's are fantastic for DJing with, not so great for producing with.

Although at the moment I am forced to do so, and they're passable if you keep the volume down and remember to cross reference with a stereo or different headphones or some such.....

Ideally I'd have nearfield monitors with perfect room accoustics but **** man, I'm broke hey.

tekboi
23-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Well I am getting hold of these for DJing purposes and have heard they are the best in the market for that. Anyways I got my hands on them for $390 which I was happy with. Cant wait to try them out.

Now have to start on production tools, and I will have to buy and buy and buy and with hardly no money, good luck to me I guess hehe.

Actually just on the concept of prices, where online can I get Cubase SX 3 for the best price??? Here in Melbourne, prices are a little ridiculous in my opinion even though this is a spectacular program. Just looking at the money issue on my side, thanks.

tekboi
24-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Which is the better option - CubaseSX3 Education version or Academic version?

Whats the difference?

Or is there just a full version I should go for.

Apex Beat
24-03-2005, 01:16 AM
HD25's are the SHIT! :twisted:

sash
24-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Apparently u will go deaf quicker in ur ear if u use an enclosed headphone like the hd25's. Because they sit so well on your ear, a lot of pressure builds up in your ear. I use the hd25's and im a little more deaf in the left ear.

If i had to buy headphones again, i'd go for something open. Check out the headphones Dave Clarke's using at the moment. They're Sennheiser's but i've never seen em in shops tho. They sit flat on your ear if that makes sense. Just a thought.....

Apex Beat
24-03-2005, 12:55 PM
You cant hear much with open cans though, surely closed ones are better if you obviously keep the volume down on them.

278d7e64a374de26f==