PDA

View Full Version : 38 - Beta - New track im working on

The Divide
20-03-2005, 03:05 AM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/38_25MA.mp3

Cheers :clap:

eyes without a face
20-03-2005, 02:15 PM
wikid dude, that synth that drops in now and then is wikid, loving it! kick drum is wikid too, lovely pattern indeed

:clap:

lau
20-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Man!!!! again... this shit ROCKS.....
Love your style big time... lol

keep em comming....

lau

Adverse
20-03-2005, 09:01 PM
stop your clapping!

basslinejunkie
20-03-2005, 09:24 PM
this is wicked.id buy this without a doubt!

Evil G
20-03-2005, 11:23 PM
sounds awesome (as usual). i did think it dragged at a couple points, but with a couple edits it will be a keeper.

dan the acid man
20-03-2005, 11:40 PM
this is good, i was wondering were you had been :cool:

The Divide
20-03-2005, 11:57 PM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/38_26MA.mp3

The Divide
20-03-2005, 11:58 PM
stop your clapping!

:clap:

The Divide
21-03-2005, 12:00 AM
this is good, i was wondering were you had been :cool:

I have been hiding down a deep well

The Divide
21-03-2005, 12:12 AM
So how can I make this better?

Im thinking work that middle break more, make it come back in with more impact and vairation. Its just doing it that’s a bit of slut. Any ideas?

Much appreciated

Barely Human
21-03-2005, 12:42 AM
All i can say is that your a ****ing CUNT!!

This shit is PHAT! Simple as!

Ways to make it better, errrr..... Just keep doing what you do man because whatever it comes out like, it rocks....

Can i have my fiver now please? ;) :cool:

The Divide
21-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Can i have my fiver now please? ;) :cool:

Cheeky twat wheres my 7.50? hahaha

The Divide
21-03-2005, 02:13 AM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/38_27MA.mp3

Barely Human
21-03-2005, 02:38 AM

You'll get that when i get the anal you promised me ;) :shock: :shock: :eh: :nono:

dirty_bass
21-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I like this, production is exceptional as usual.
But really, it just stays mostly the same all the way through.
It may be down to my own taste, but I just find purely percussive techno a bit boring.
I would have liked to hear more music.

The Divide
21-03-2005, 10:27 AM
It may be down to my own taste, but I just find purely percussive techno a bit boring.
I would have liked to hear more music.

I find techno with musical elements carrying it along ends up sounding like wishy washy trance. Pads themselves tend to create an illusion that the tunes slowed down. Especially hate pads which loop over 8 bars and shift thro about 3 keys within a certain musical scale which stays the same. That bores the living shit out of me. A pad in a tense key sign which is brought in and stays in key but is held as a hook interests me more.

I would like to hear less musical elements in some techno and those which I like to hear more music in would come in the form of an arpeggio. Like when the synth melody becomes a polyrhythm in itself. There’s not much room for that in this.

So its pretty much in the eye of the beholder. However your comments are relevant. Needs more changes in rhythm, drum key sig’s and I mite actually use the fade (that’s a rarity for me)

Cheers bitchos

The Divide
21-03-2005, 10:37 AM

You'll get that when i get the anal you promised me ;) :shock: :shock: :eh: :nono:

So let me get this straight

I list your friends item on ebay and get charged for putting a reserve price on it. Then I get invoiced and kindy ask for my money back and somewhere along the line I end up owing anal sex??? I cant help but feel a bit ripped off :lol:

Anyways forget the £7.50, I got at least £8's worth off your mum at Grinkle Caravan Park (call 01287 640401, LANGBAURGH, TS13 4UB
Facilities: Static Pitch, Caravan Hire, Gas Cyl Avail, Car Parking, Shower Fclty, Child Play Area, Fishing Avail, Sailing, Golf Course, Ponies/Horses :love: )

Barely Human
21-03-2005, 02:35 PM

I list your friends item on ebay and get charged for putting a reserve price on it. Then I get invoiced and kindy ask for my money back and somewhere along the line I end up owing anal sex??? I cant help but feel a bit ripped off :lol:

Anyways forget the £7.50, I got at least £8's worth off your mum at Grinkle Caravan Park (call 01287 640401, LANGBAURGH, TS13 4UB
Facilities: Static Pitch, Caravan Hire, Gas Cyl Avail, Car Parking, Shower Fclty, Child Play Area, Fishing Avail, Sailing, Golf Course, Ponies/Horses :love: )

Hahahahaha

I'll sort you that cash out man when i see you next as my bank is overdrawn and i cant get **** all out of it :evil: Unless your really desperate for it in which case i'll post it so you can buy your crack :lol:

BRADLEE
21-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Alright well no Big review from me since everyone was whining about them.....

I like the tune, sounds really proper to me. Quality wise sounds really good too, but I'm only listening in headphones. Although I'd rock this if I heard it on wax. Lots of cool little edits and just enough loopage to make it effective in mixing as well. :clap:

The Divide
21-03-2005, 08:17 PM

Hahahahaha

I'll sort you that cash out man when i see you next as my bank is overdrawn and i cant get **** all out of it :evil: Unless your really desperate for it in which case i'll post it so you can buy your crack :lol:

Hey seriously no worries :cool:

Evil G
21-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Needs more changes in rhythm, drum key sig’s and I mite actually use the fade (that’s a rarity for me)

i think it already changes up more than a lot of tracks. for me the difference between liking this and loving it is that you seem to set up a tension that never gets released. i kept waiting for something to happen, but each change seemed to take it farther away without ever coming back. i guess i'm saying it needs something to tie the whole thing together.

hope that makes sense.

The Divide
22-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Got a newer version and I think it’s pretty much done. Well I need to sleep on it and see how it sounds tomorrow. Thanks for the comments especially the negatives/pointers.

The_Divide-38CLUB_DROP (http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/38_29FMA.mp3url)

stjohn
22-03-2005, 02:22 AM
mad into this!

xfive
22-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I like this man.. cool sounds and nice use of vocal snippets, but I kinda get the feeling that I'm in a rollercoaster... and the damn operator will NOT let me put my arms and legs outside the cars even though I really want to... :eh: :lol:

I think it's got plenty of changes and such.. so it's not that... its more of an overall direction sorta thing to me I guess...

Either way excellent production as always ;)

audioinjection
22-03-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah, this sounds phat, nice

The Divide
22-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I like this man.. cool sounds and nice use of vocal snippets, but I kinda get the feeling that I'm in a rollercoaster... and the damn operator will NOT let me put my arms and legs outside the cars even though I really want to... :eh: :lol:

Hahaha

I like that, its got me thinking allot. I’m not sure how to change it without doing a hard trance style breakdown arrangement where it all breaks to silence with licks holding it.

Or perhaps a breakdown where it all goes a bit weird and spaced

I do think I mite take out the pad section and have it drop down in energy more at this point to allow it to be mixed a bit better. But if I drop it down too much people will be disappointed. Kind of like queuing for a roller coaster only to go up a massive ramp and then you realise that was it and the rest of the track is pretty pointless (like the pepsi max on Blackpools pleasure beach??) :shock: :lol:

Next track without a doubt is going to be straight up dancefloor without so many elements and drums. I’m thinking less is more after this.

Still all ears tho, this is good to know. Muchas gratias

sash
26-03-2005, 01:10 PM
awesome track dude :) nice kicks! Nice use of the vocal as well. Maybe u could include the vocals again somewhere in the track again but in a way that u can't really understand what the vocal is sayin (background head f**k kind of way) if that makes sence. Just an idea. Awesome :)

The Divide
26-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Ah thanks man, I have finished this now. I did change it somewhat but not to the degree of the comments on this thread regretfully. The reasons for this was that basically I had some many channels of midi and audio that it was finding it hard to change stuff which I had grown attached to. When I did change them I couldn’t make my mind up if it was any better. It would have been a lot easier with fewer channels and more tracks bounced/recorded together. Never the less happy with the end result plus I got plenty of ideas for the next one and what exactly I need to do to achieve something I’m more comfortable with when arranging.

Thanks again

Peace

278d7e64a374de26f==