PDA

View Full Version : copying track automation data

nova
20-03-2005, 04:15 PM
how do i copy paste track automation. like just say 1 bar of it. on 1 channel on logic 6?

RDR
21-03-2005, 10:51 AM
this has to do with the copy/move settings in logic.

sometime in the past you have selected to not move or copy the data, and have not set it back to "always ask"

i cant remember where this function is, but you need to set it back. thus the next time you copy a part over it will give you the option of dragging that data with it.

i think this is what you need...?

anyone?

Jay Pace
21-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Do you know how to do this in Cubase?

nova
21-03-2005, 12:11 PM
yeah thats right man. its was pissing me off haha. wasnt sure at the time that i needed it :lol: til i started paning a riff out. then fault i cant do this with out copy and pasting the automation. im always doing silly things on logic. part of learning. now i kno its that i'll get it back up.

cheers ;)

nova
21-03-2005, 12:17 PM
cubase and logic are quite simuler. would of thout it would off been like logic and a message will come up and ask you if you want to copy automation. and to get all the automation up "view automation" with logic.

probaly not best help. ;)

RDR
21-03-2005, 01:20 PM
the automation in cubase copies automatically unless you ask i not to. I cant remember for the life of me how this works... ill have a look at home tonight..!

:)

278d7e64a374de26f==