PDA

View Full Version : WORLD WIDE PROMOTERS

ANDROID
22-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I would like to open new topic about reliable promoters word wide, its hard to go to different counrty in the first time and trust to people without knowing them, so in this topic people can come and check promoters names if they are reliable in the business...

EUROPE
NORTH AMERICA
SOUTH AMERICA
ASIA
AUSTRALIA
AFRICA

audioinjection
22-03-2005, 11:01 PM
North America:
www.droidbehavior.com

ANDROID
22-03-2005, 11:27 PM
please write a few things about how were you been treated,have you been ripped off and should other DJ's go to play for sertan promoters.

MARKEG
22-03-2005, 11:30 PM
oh andre, don't talk to me about this subject ;)

the thing is when you go abroad is research. and the internet is here. so it's your own silly fault if you get left in a field somewhere :)

no would be nice to list the promoters that really do sort you out, but i think it would be different for dfferent ppl. what do we expect as an individual??... it's all different for different ppl. it really is....

some may say the perfect gig is when you get alll the cash upfront and the gig is huge annd yoou rock the house. others may say when the gig is small, you don't get many ppl in, yoou play the best set of your life and ok the promoter cann't pay you, but he gets it together a few months later and sorts you out.

all depends...

davethedrummer
23-03-2005, 12:06 AM
well i'm in brasil right now afetr sorting out a tour for the first time from the uk
me and rachel have put it together abd it had been difficult but i think very rerwarding , we have cemented relationships better than if the tour was being controlled by a third party , and we know exactly whats going on with money hotels flights etc etc .
so here i am and i'll llet you all know how it went in a months time.
my guessing is it's gonna be fine
i have even more contacts now too so if this one goes good for me , we cann start doing this more regularly , and really get things going.
now i'm looking for contacts in argentina and columbia , and i'll try to put together a huge south american tour next year.

davethedrummer
23-03-2005, 12:07 AM
well i'm in brasil right now afetr sorting out a tour for the first time from the uk
me and rachel have put it together abd it had been difficult but i think very rerwarding , we have cemented relationships better than if the tour was being controlled by a third party , and we know exactly whats going on with money hotels flights etc etc .
so here i am and i'll llet you all know how it went in a months time.
my guessing is it's gonna be fine
i have even more contacts now too so if this one goes good for me , we cann start doing this more regularly , and really get things going.
now i'm looking for contacts in argentina and columbia , and i'll try to put together a huge south american tour next year.

i cannot type! :roll:

ANDROID
23-03-2005, 12:22 AM
it would be nice to hear from big DJ's there own opinion.

schlongfingers
23-03-2005, 01:44 AM
ticking time bomb... :lol:

Will
06-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Should also do a thread for promoters about experiences with DJ's, who are moody bastards, who are more hassle than they're worth! :lol:

Komplex
07-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Should also do a thread for promoters about experiences with DJ's, who are moody bastards, who are more hassle than they're worth! :lol:

hahaha.

Internal Error Records
07-04-2005, 01:29 AM
rachel have put it together .

Rachel from BangingTunes? I only met her once, and she is the first crush i have had since 8th grade. lol

The Germ
07-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Canada in toronto there is a kid EVANTECH TSA PRODUCTIONS

dont ever play for him

he stiffed me big time

and he is a loser!

DRUG ADDICT ASSHOLE!

F HIM!

ANDROID
07-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Thats cool!!! i think some other promoters should do open a topic like this talking about DJ's and it will be very interested as well. :clap:
All bad names will be listed in here and people can check it out any time. :rambo:

Patrick DSP
07-04-2005, 04:02 AM

dont ever play for him

he stiffed me big time

and he is a loser!

DRUG ADDICT ASSHOLE!

F HIM!

who?!?!?!
sorry that happened to you man. next time, ask other dj's in the area what promoters are like before you agree to anything. that way you'll know what to expect/watch out for. and hence the reason for this thread i guess.

Ladius
07-04-2005, 04:35 AM

dont ever play for him

he stiffed me big time

and he is a loser!

DRUG ADDICT ASSHOLE!

F HIM!

who?!?!?!
sorry that happened to you man. next time, ask other dj's in the area what promoters are like before you agree to anything. that way you'll know what to expect/watch out for. and hence the reason for this thread i guess.

dont feel bad germ :) evan has told me on several ocations to my face that he was going to book me. hasnt happend yet lol and also acted very cocky, like he was the shit. people like that dont last to long.

pat is right ask around first if you dont know a promoter.

Cheers dude !

GothamGrooves.com
07-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Jeremy, havent I told u before, always ask for half up front? That seriously goes out to any artist. Unless you are a big name its hard to get all the money upfront, you should at the very least get half up front and half later..

Will
07-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Thats cool!!! i think some other promoters should do open a topic like this talking about DJ's and it will be very interested as well. :clap:
All bad names will be listed in here and people can check it out any time. :rambo:

Haha, I think it could lead to slanging matches though, it might be better not to air these things publicly, if it's bad, just ask around perhaps... I was told '**** him' about quite a big name DJ! Like Mark EG said, it depends what you expect from the promoter I suppose, some people will be happy others might not be. Though if people just describe what their expereinces were like others can judge for themselves of course.

The Germ
08-04-2005, 02:20 AM
yeah i did ask for it upfront but he was being shady

i should of really no of taken the gig

but i love toronto after i played for nightmare i wanted to play there every wekeend!

GothamGrooves.com
08-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Why would u deny the gig? Take the loot and if he is a dick, then u still have your money, either way props on the giant & dwarf release. So are u the giant or the dwarf?????????

The Germ
08-04-2005, 02:51 PM
come on do i really need to answer that!

HAHAHAHA

im the MITE!

tocsin
08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Usually I'm happy if the promoter is respectful and doesn't act like they're doing me some grand favor by extending me the privledge of a booking. Once the opposite of what I expected seem to become more of a norm, I was happier playing that party in the woods or basement every now and then while spending more time in the studio. I can somewhat agree on the notion that you get what you deserve given the ability to research people on the internet. But, at the same time, it in no way justifies negative treatment and, personally, most of the crap I see about promoters on the internet is usually posted by rival promoters.

GothamGrooves.com
08-04-2005, 06:10 PM
come on do i really need to answer that!

HAHAHAHA

im the MITE!

ehh, sorry folks, the answer we were lookign for is "im the dyke" hehehe

DjRAraujo
27-05-2005, 10:24 AM
it all depends on what is good for you and what is good for others

sometimes this can be a hell of a good (or bad) experience

there are good and bad promoters

but i agree with mark...

take care amigo

278d7e64a374de26f==