PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle instant cd/dvd

lukekendall
23-03-2005, 08:47 AM
right then, im having a few probs at the mo, dont know if anyone can help??

i recorded the mix onto the labtop using Pinnacle instant cd/dvd software. Now it seems when i burn a cd it comes out its sound quality was shite, it was all distorted like the speakers were flapping, which they were not. i can only think it was the labtop speakers flaping when i recorded the mix and thats why it sounded shit.

i have now made all the changes on the software so it sounds better(stop the flapping) and also put indexs on.

now this is the bit thats confused me there is a safe changes icon you press, then when you have done this it saves it but not as a wave sound file just as new file so then when you burn it to disc it just burns blank cd's with no sound????!?

anyone help or use this soft ware????

mrbenn
23-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Have you recorded your signal to loud? the flapping sound your speakers are producing could be caused by clipping (distortion) on your recording. Im not familiar with the software so I cant give you any more information on that.

I would however recomend using a program like Sony soundforge or wavelab when you record onto your laptop, these are both professional audio editing programs and are ideal for recording sets on your home computer ;)

lukekendall
23-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Have you recorded your signal to loud? the flapping sound your speakers are producing could be caused by clipping (distortion) on your recording. Im not familiar with the software so I cant give you any more information on that.

I would however recomend using a program like Sony soundforge or wavelab when you record onto your laptop, these are both professional audio editing programs and are ideal for recording sets on your home computer ;)

na when i record the mix it aint flaping my speakers i think tho as it runs thro it is flaping the speakers in the lab top. on the program i can reduce the input volume so it sound fine, just when i save it it will not burn to disc as if its not saved the correct file

mrbenn
27-03-2005, 04:36 PM
is it recording at a wav file? if so check that it is recorded at a sample rate of 44.100KHz & 16 bit signal to noise ratio. This is the quality cds and cds players are deisgned to work at, if you try and put a wav file that has any other setting onto a cd it will not work.

278d7e64a374de26f==