PDA

View Full Version : Techno Nights (27th-31st May) & Record Stores In Amsterd

neilried
23-03-2005, 02:31 PM
OK yeah I know they both exist...

But found out my lovely girlfriend has sorted out a 4 day trip to the dam for my birthday with a bunch of my mates.... sweet huh?!??!

Anyway thought Id ask to see if any of our dutch friends (or anyone else in the know) on here can shed any light on a couple of things for me....

Record Shops - Last time I found In Deep In Dance (Side street off the Damrak) and Outland (Zeedijk 22), are there any others worth checking out in the city? Looking for shops doing funky to full fat fitlhy techno and clicky bleepy tech house?!?!?

Club Night - Anyone putting on, playing at, or involved in a night in central amsterdam on the weekend of 27th - 30th May? Looking for a funky techno night ideally but just up for a good night really so not too fussed just good DJS good soundsystem and good atmos, been to the dam four times now and never made it out to a club or even past the Rockeriji or Abraxis come to think of it..... :doh:

Drago
23-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Can't help with the Techno Nights I'm afraid mate as I no longer live in Amsterdam.....but in terms of the Record Shops I found Outland to be the best of the bunch when looking for Techno. ;)

Ritzi Lee
23-03-2005, 04:36 PM
27th may: Traffic in Melkweg. www.melkweg.nl.
Line-up still to be anounced, but expect the best techno...

And more recordstores:
www.rushhour.nl
www.killacutz.com

dtl
23-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Can't help with the Techno Nights I'm afraid mate as I no longer live in Amsterdam.....but in terms of the Record Shops I found Outland to be the best of the bunch when looking for Techno. ;)

Hey Dave!! What are you up to!? I am back in Plymouth now, send us an Email and explain yourself!

Boutdisuqe is about the best techno store in dam in term of prices, its on average 2 euros cheaper than Outland on EACH TUNE.

If you go through their shelves you WILL find gems, loads of them.

Eric.

neilried
07-04-2005, 12:49 PM
27th may: Traffic in Melkweg. www.melkweg.nl.
Line-up still to be anounced, but expect the best techno...

Hey Ritzi thanks for this info, any news on whos playing here yet or of any other nights that may be happening that weekend?

N ;)

lau
07-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah outland is the best one I guess.....

You could try Boudisqe too that's on the beginning of the Nieuwendijk( the side of central station) Sometimes they got some nice shit....

Or you could try Rushhour on the spuistraat for the more experimental techno and a little less mainstream sh*t...

For parties Traffic is perfect.. think it is the best night in Amsterdam.. expect the darker side of techno...

Maybe check www.beatfreax.nl for more parties to be announced...

aight..

lau

neilried
07-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Cheers Lau... ;)

Dont suppose theres a website for trafic is there?

lau
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Cheers Lau... ;)

Dont suppose theres a website for trafic is there?

Jup there is http://www.traffic.cd the party is organised by Bart Skils he's one of the guys from the Outland recordshop....
Might wanna check his site too... www.bartskils.com

audioinjection
08-04-2005, 10:44 PM
i know theres the mid-town shop in downtown amsterdam (dam square), but im not sure how their techno selection is, but maybe try that place out

neilried
10-05-2005, 09:29 AM
2 weeks to go and wondered if any of you in the know have heard about any other Techno nights in amsterdam 27th-30th May, seems traffic has been canceled so looking for something else!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==