PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the wall

Apex Beat
24-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Lately I've experienced a conbination of writers block (as a writer of english, something I'm familar with and usually overcome) and a wall of production or the lack of it. These two elements together are really getting me down. I keep producing stuff but it sounds amature, I've got all these amazing sounds and idea's in my head but I just cant seem to get them down on paper. My slow laptop dosnt really help but I'm not one to blame equipment, I'm using ableton and half decent VSTs - I guess it just takes time? Does production skills and techniques "Click" or do you keep aquiring them over time? I suppose the latter, argh I dunno. Any advice? Very frustrating!!!

dirty_bass
24-03-2005, 02:08 AM
You never stop learning, but you do get to a point where certian things become clearer.

Barely Human
24-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Take some time out man, as going at it all the time will do this. Step back for a week or so, do something else, and let life inspire you. Then get back into the studio with a fresh head on...

Patrick DSP
24-03-2005, 05:57 AM
download dj sets and live pa's or what ever and just go for walks or drives listening to them and breaking them apart and rebuilding them in your head. at least that's what i do when i have writters block. that or just listen to cheezy 80's synth pop or radio drama's from the 1950's

:P

278d7e64a374de26f==