PDA

View Full Version : groove quantize

nova
25-03-2005, 09:04 AM
hi,

whats the best way to groove quantize with logic.

wile ago a had a mc 303. and on that it was just a knob to turn and shuffle, swing, and groove i think. when i tri this with logic i hav just been quantizing it swing and tuplet. i take that is the same. is there any other ways to groove with logic. hear some realy nice basslines that hav been shuffled?

loopdon
25-03-2005, 09:51 AM
there's a shuffle on logic i've heard that's supposed to be the standard-house-shuffle. read sth. about that. never worked with logic though....

nova
25-03-2005, 11:53 AM
cheers i'll check that out.

nova
26-03-2005, 01:46 PM
rex and logic question,

when ive imported a rex into logic if i click on that box it lets me alter the slices. copy them and what not. but the screen in logic changes just to that 1 box in the arrange. how do i get it back to normal arrange where i can see all thye other stuff? anyone kno

and how would i go about using the slices as midi's in logic.

i hav watched the recycle clip. but he explains it all with reason

nova
26-03-2005, 02:15 PM
ah right bounce it down as 1 file then open it back up in the song.

how do i use the midi file from the rex?

nova
27-03-2005, 10:25 PM
hi,

when recording from midi to audio with logic it doesnt record it on the line perfectly in the audio editor. ive been told that its not a problem and all sound cards do it when recording midi. and to just zoom in and line the recording up. but the problem is that if i start the recording further into the arrange i cant see the begining of the recording in the audio editor to get it to line up. its fine when ive done the recording at the start of the arrange. i can open up the audio editor and line it up. just wont let me when into the arrange.

its making it hard for me to use my hardware realy.

anyone kno anything on this. ;)

nova
28-03-2005, 11:20 AM
when recording from midi to audio with logic it doesnt record it on the line perfectly in the audio editor. ive been told that its not a problem and all sound cards do it when recording midi. and to just zoom in and line the recording up. but the problem is that if i start the recording further into the arrange i cant see the begining of the recording in the audio editor to get it to line up. its fine when ive done the recording at the start of the arrange. i can open up the audio editor and line it up. just wont let me when into the arrange.

PLEASE! :help:

278d7e64a374de26f==