PDA

View Full Version : Gone Native I think I sussed it now!!!!

AcidTrash
31-03-2005, 05:04 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/gonenative.mp3

FatLoop
31-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Sounds nice mate. Got a hard housey sort of tip to it but good work man. :lol:

AcidTrash
31-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Thank you! My question is though, what hard house are you listening to and where can I get some? :shock: :lol:

Rog
31-03-2005, 04:29 PM
aciddddddddtrash - whats up?!

just checked the new link - very nice stuff indeed.

my thoughts are its more of a techno track crossing with nrg or aka hard house. for those who have any idea of nrg music - it has some evil routes & some quality chewns.

If i was trying to describe this chewn i'd say - if you like what the underground hard/acid/trance/techno dj's spin (people like) oberon/beamish/choci/mark sinclair all the way through to thermobee.. think of labels like mesh/s+m/toast..

hard dirty frantic av'in'it nrg! i like it dude - good sh*t, maybe just an acid line working in & out would give a bit more depth.. again wicked stuff :clap:

BRADLEE
31-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Pete,

thank you for bringing it my friend. Definitely so much better than the recent acid efforts I've heard. You really rocked it on this one Pete. That is my opinion here anyways. Could use maybe an additional pattern on the synth loop, but all in all this tune is smoking. I'd rock it for sure during the late night madness!!!

lau
01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
This is nice!!

Like messanger said much better than your recent acid efforts...
Not that I really can say anything about em coz acid techno really isn't ment for me... but ennieways was listening to this tune.. waiting for the acid lines to
kick in... But than... It didn't happen :eh: And a actually liked the track :clap: Just keep on moving in the right direction and Im sure I'll be a fan of yours.. ;)

Production wise its nice... maybe bring out the bass a bit more... cant feel it yet.. :twisted:

lau

carltaylor43
02-04-2005, 02:28 AM
sounds like youve got multiple kick drums on the go (in the drum loops?) they are phasing against each other robbing power... try knocking some of the bottom end out of some of the loops, until you get some more definition.

also that gated white nosie type thing is a bit too loud (or you could do with compressing it) and you need take some top end off it as well to make it come back in line with the rest of the mix..

AcidTrash
02-04-2005, 03:54 AM
sounds like youve got multiple kick drums on the go (in the drum loops?) they are phasing against each other robbing power... try knocking some of the bottom end out of some of the loops, until you get some more definition.

also that gated white nosie type thing is a bit too loud (or you could do with compressing it) and you need take some top end off it as well to make it come back in line with the rest of the mix..

I've been thinking that myself. It was one of those tunes I got right until I strated messing with it. The version I uploaded bfore this incarnation was probably better. The white noise is meant to get a bit silly but you're right, it probably could use some tweaking. I'm quite determined to get this one right instead of banging out another track. Thing is, the white noise is delay on the harpsicord type riff and if I compress it it make the riff sound a bit muted.

It's a tough one this one as sometimes I think it has too much bass and then later on it sounds like it doesn't have enough. Think I should sleep on it. Thanks for listening.

carltaylor43
02-04-2005, 01:28 PM
well I think the bass would sound alright if you could just sort out the phasing issue.. the different kicks are cancelling each other out. If they are single hits, just get rid of some till it sounds better, if they are loops then just take the bottom end out of some time it sounds better... its like when you mix 2 records together, if you leave the bass EQ in on both records either the bass gets louder (becuase its doubling up the bass frequencies) or it has less power / gets quieter because the kick drums cancell each other out, its all to do wth phase & frequencies...

regarding the white noise thing.. im not exactly sure how its attached to the harpsicord thing, but maybe you could either set a compressor up and have the threshold set (with a high ratio) for just when the white noise thing gets louder.. or maybe you could mix down that part and try and seperate the white noise from the original sound.. so you can proccess it further with effecting the harpsicord sound... im not sure because im unsure how it relates to the harpsicord sound.

Good luck with it.. I think theres only those 2 issues, otherwise it sound ok to me.

Detox
02-04-2005, 02:37 PM
i wish id remembered my ****ing headphones when i came to use the internet !!!!! (so many tunes so little sound)

AcidTrash
04-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Is that better now?

carltaylor43
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
is new file coming from the same link?

If it is ive listened again, and the same problems are present mate...

I tell you what to do, get the mix & turn the volume right down, so its really quiet... when it gets to the white noise bit you should really hear now its way, way too loud.. another thing is with white noise, dont forget it covers the whole frequnecy range, you need to take a load of top end off as well as lowering the volume... try and get it 'sitting under' the hats & rides... try and make it so when the white noise thing ends there isnt a percieved loss of power or pressence... at the moment, after the white noise thing ends, everything else seems dull in comparision...

The kick drum problem is still there BTW.. are they loops with kicks youve got on the go, or are they just single kick drum hits?

I know you can sort it really easy, then this tune will be finished IMO

AcidTrash
04-04-2005, 02:31 AM
How about now? I'm liking it.

carltaylor43
04-04-2005, 09:13 AM
its still doing it mate... if you cant hear what im going on about, then maybe other people wont hear it either! I dunno what to say really..

Anyone else got a better way of explaining it, can anyone else hear what im talking about??

AcidTrash
05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
It's as close as its going to get for now. Have blagged my head with it now.I like the phasing where it is. Sound mint when mixed.

dirty_bass
05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Not bad.
Overall sounds a little muddy.
The whole track could do with more brightness in the eq.
Don`t like the offbeat stab at all, it`s the domain of oompah hardhouse.
Pretty good party techno really.
The phasing wasn`t that bad. It`s fun to have phasing on the bottom end.
But just a word of warning. No cutting engineer will cut a track with bass phasing, as it will throw the needle out of the groove. They will put the bass into mono, and what this will do is instead of phasing you will get volume drops. So bear that in mind if you are ever going for a cut one day.
For CD use it`s fine.

I`d say this track is fine, but just needs a much more clinical use of eq, and the sounds could be spread further out in the eq. Higher into the top end, lower into the sub, and spread some of the mid sounds apart a little more.

carltaylor43
05-04-2005, 06:48 PM
the type of phasing im talking about here is cancelation, the kick drum(s) wouldnt casue any problems I dont think in terms of cutting, its just an isuue in terms of tone & power... the white noise thing could cause some problems maybe becuase its just so loud compared to the rest of the track.. though it would probably get compressed bringing down the whole level of the track (not to mention it sounding strange when the comp kicks in)... as it is I dont think youd get many mastering engineers boosting the high end because of the white noise thing...

its up to Acidtrash though, im only trying to help, not pull his work down in anyway.. if he thinks it is ok then fair enough I say..

AcidTrash
06-04-2005, 12:52 PM
DOn't really know how to get rid of the loop phasing. any idesa? Your help is appreciated. Thank you

BRADLEE
08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I couldn't hear it when I listened personally, but I'm a bit on the def side...LOL HOwever phasing from loops can be if the loops are cut just a tiny bit differantly. More than likely one of the loops kick drum starts just a hair before or after the other. That will cause such phasing.....so I'd look into that....

But my def ass didn't here it... :lol:

carltaylor43
08-04-2005, 09:17 PM
YES!!!!!!

can you hear how the kick has more power now... its more solid, has more definition & is more consistant... I knew you could do it.. at least youve learnt how to sort that one out, so if it comes up in future youll be ready..

but... that rising white noise thing is still way to loud (sorry!)... BTW the tune seems to sound better overall now, have you been tweaking other stuff??

carltaylor43
08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
right, im gonna try something...

carltaylor43
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
right try this...

example one

http://www.carltaylor.org/audio/example_one.mp3

is the bit I am banging on about..

example two

http://www.carltaylor.org/audio/example_two_eq_level_change.mp3

is what I think you need to do to make it better... ive changed the level before the beats come in (think it was 5 db less) + ive taken a bit of top end off the same section... this is only a rough / quick demo... but now when the beats come back in the have more inpact + the rising noise thing doesnt offend anymore... obviosly ive had to do this to a stereo file, so as a concequence it doesnt sound right, but if you do a simlar thing to just the noise thing it will sound better IMO...

just thought it was quicker for me to explain this way...

Let me known if this makes sense now.

xfive
08-04-2005, 09:51 PM
hehe... now *that's* feedback :lol:

Mindful
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Not realy in to acid that mutch pete but I would bop about to that(infact i am doing now)
Also I like the structure of the tune.
One thing i persanaly would do is add some more layers of perc mainly in the hat department but thats just what i would do.

overall twas enjoyable ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==