PDA

View Full Version : Bastian Storm - little girls smart choice [Electro]

Bastian Storm
02-04-2005, 03:50 AM
www.ttr-crew.nsi32.miniserver.de/bstorm/Bastian_Storm-little_girls_smart_choice.mp3

have fun with that

cheers ;)

carltaylor43
04-04-2005, 09:19 AM
cool, Vitalic style!!

Can you revisit the file??? If so IMO the hi hats are a little too loud + the arpegiated synth thing creeps up in volume (why?) so you need to automate the volume back down or compress it (automation would be better IMO)....overall I think it sounds good though..

BRADLEE
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
downloading now.

BRADLEE
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Bastian, you're the man when it comes to this style homie. I really love your works quite well. You should get with Carl Taylor in the future sometime too. You guys would be a great team!!! I only heard it in the phones, but it was great as usual!!! Keep up the great work my friend. :clap:

eyes without a face
04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
nice production, but i thought the drums were way too hard for this style, and before anyone says it i love Vitalic/european electro techno but i just thought the drums were definately too hard for it, riff is good for sure

carltaylor43
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Bastian, you're the man when it comes to this style homie. I really love your works quite well. You should get with Carl Taylor in the future sometime too. You guys would be a great team!!! I only heard it in the phones, but it was great as usual!!! Keep up the great work my friend. :clap:

yeah maybe... though ive moved away a bit from this style of late.. still really like it though.. just didnt want to do "Space Disco" for the rest of my life...know what I mean.

BRADLEE
04-04-2005, 10:25 PM
yeah maybe... though ive moved away a bit from this style of late.. still really like it though.. just didnt want to do "Space Disco" for the rest of my life...know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean Carl. No qualms my friend. I was just saying that when you were doing stuff in that realm, that you guys would have made a deadly team :rambo:

carltaylor43
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah.. well I will do some more tracks like Space Disco for sure... cos I like that sound a lot, just got a few other things up my sleeve thats all.

Bastian Storm
01-05-2005, 02:29 AM
hey thank you guys :oops:
a co production with another producer is a damn great idea :!: i watch out for someone ;)

Bastian Storm
01-05-2005, 03:05 AM
cool, Vitalic style!!

Can you revisit the file??? If so IMO the hi hats are a little too loud + the arpegiated synth thing creeps up in volume (why?) so you need to automate the volume back down or compress it (automation would be better IMO)....overall I think it sounds good though..

ya, thats right, the mastering isnt good, i will work on it

sash
01-05-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah cool track though i'd like to hear more variation overall. :twisted:

voidet
01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Geil!!!!!!

carltaylor43
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
cool, Vitalic style!!

ya, thats right, the mastering isnt good, i will work on it

ive just listened to it again.. I dont think the hat sound is too loud anymore :shock:

the other synth does go a bit too loud though or is it too quiet earlier on??

But even as it is, it sounds really good to me, I reckon you could get this one released.. I know I would play it for sure!

Sunil
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, this one sounds good alright. Think the kick could sit a little bit better, and the hat seems to lose its sharpness a little as the track progresses.. other than that I'd agree, it would certainly get picked up by a label.

Now its only a small thing and far be it from me, but I think a heavy kick like that could easily be held off on for a bit until you introduce it, could make it a little bit more effective. i.e. lower or eq it down a bit at the beginning, then *wham*. That's just me though ;)

carltaylor43
01-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I suppose really the main thing is, that if this was released, none of us would knock it and say "why has that been put out"... I suppose everyone will hear 'something' they would change in most tunes.. little things that dont really matter on the whole..

Sunil
01-05-2005, 07:17 PM
little things that dont really matter on the whole..

true enough... a better mixdown and this is ready to roll :clap:

Bastian Storm
01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
hehe ok, but imy harddisk crashed and the produktion file too.

but i have some other produktion ;)

im searching for label :eh:

robin m
01-05-2005, 07:53 PM
I really liked this as well - and definitely wouldn't complain at all if I heard it out :clap: :cool:

I think this is just preference but I'd personally maybe flesh out the intro a bit, maybe put a slightly less 'avin it synth riff and a quieter kick for a few bars at the start before you break it into the main tune. Gives the DJ a bit of cueing room to play with as well maybe?

It's a beltin' track tho ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==