PDA

View Full Version : QUOTE YOUR SOURCE!!!!

Internal Error Records
02-04-2005, 11:22 PM
ok i just said this in another thread.

this forum could be an extremely powerful source of information if people stopped including their feelings in with their 'facts'.

if you are going to state something as fact, as a simple matter of ettiqute you should

QUOTE YOUR SOURCE.

this 'personal opinions are facts' stuff is BS and is just junking up this forum.

Komplex
03-04-2005, 05:24 AM
comon cheech, if everyone had to read over their own posts and then dig for info they've picked up from all over the joint just to quote their sources, nobody would want to bother posting in the first place. its only a message board not some school report...

Internal Error Records
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
comon cheech, if everyone had to read over their own posts and then dig for info they've picked up from all over the joint just to quote their sources, nobody would want to bother posting in the first place. its only a message board not some school report...

people treat this as a school report.

and too many people think their own personal expeirences are global fact.

quote your source. or be doubted!!

g
03-04-2005, 11:26 PM
it's a discussion board. who cares if you're doubted. i'll never claim my opinion is a fact. i'll claim it's my opinion. and often times personal experience is the best source of fact.

i'll also occasionally site facts that i won't site the source of, for purposes of protecting friends/confidants, if i think the fact is relevant or worth sharing. however i don't embellish or make shit up, so i guess you can go ahead and doubt my veracity all you like.

maybe the "my" in that sentence should be a collective "my".

but mostly i don't say anything here that important, so.. pffft. :hmm:

Internal Error Records
04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
if i need to defend the value of not mixing your experiences with facts than i am not even going to continue.

Komplex
04-04-2005, 12:29 AM
not quite right. you need to define what you mean by facts in the first place. where do facts come from? what are they? what is the difference between fact and fiction?

Internal Error Records
04-04-2005, 12:33 AM
not quite right. you need to define what you mean by facts in the first place. where do facts come from? what are they? what is the difference between fact and fiction?

thank you, thats all i was saying.

g
04-04-2005, 01:29 AM
holy circular argument batman.

Komplex
04-04-2005, 01:43 AM
:lol:

at least u know when people are understanding each other ;)

I still want to know where facts come from tho... is it a big computer in a secret underground fact lab in Antarctica?

dan the acid man
04-04-2005, 02:42 AM
i can see why people would want to keep their sources of info a secret though.

Rumours can quickly spread, especially on the internet.

We have to show each other trust and respect on here.

marginmaster
04-04-2005, 01:26 PM
"Cross + Blackwell tomato ketchup
best before end=see cap
storage information=unopened in a cool dry place.Refridgerate after opening and use within 8 weeks.
suitable for a vegetarian diet"

sorry :lol:

dan the acid man
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
"Cross + Blackwell tomato ketchup
best before end=see cap
storage information=unopened in a cool dry place.Refridgerate after opening and use within 8 weeks.
suitable for a vegetarian diet"

sorry :lol:

hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

RDR
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
holy circular argument batman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==