PDA

View Full Version : DISTEK | FATCOLLECTIVE | LEGAL RAVE?

fatcollective
04-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello all!! heres a track ive just finished
Any comments/suggestions welcome as allways ;)

http://www.fatcollective.com/Legal_Rave.mp3

eyes without a face
04-04-2005, 07:56 PM
that "illegal rave" sample is not doing it for me, these type of samples cheapen any track instantly i think and definately doesnt add anything... the kick drum has way too much mid in there, and not much bottom end at all, i found myself really waiting for it to kick in and it never quite did... synth is a little cheesy, i like cheese dont get me wrong but good cheese and didnt really like that riff too much sorry

BRADLEE
04-04-2005, 08:02 PM
All in all this tune is quite cool to me. Sounds very much like something from Mr. Henry Cullen, but with a touch of your own tastes. I don't hear the cheese Scott is speaking of myself. Synth is pretty cool to me. Would be good in a wherehouse for sure. As for the mixdown I'm just in headphones my friend.

eyes without a face
04-04-2005, 08:09 PM
tried to listen again to elaborate more but file not found now

fatcollective
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
that "illegal rave" sample
the sample actually says legal rave if you listen, i thought this was a little more politically correct from the usual "illegal" vibe dont ask my why?
to be honest i was a little unsure wheather to upload this track, there was somthing in there i that was just not right but i couldnt work it out & needed the help of my fellow BOA members, cheers for the comments m8, i shall give it a thorough wokout ;)

fatcollective
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
tried to listen again to elaborate more but file not found now
works ok 4 me?? strange :?: :eh:

eyes without a face
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
illegal, legal, whats the difference? 2 letters haha, still doesnt work for me sorry, i dont think any of these kinda samples work in any tracks but i know its a big thing in this kinda techno im just giving my view on it.... its not a bad track at all, just being honest with u dude

eyes without a face
04-04-2005, 08:26 PM
works now, must of been a few peeps accessing at once.... the cheese i meant is that synth that sounds almost like a hoover to me, not the bassline that comes in incase anyone thinks that, thats not a bad bassline to be honest but that hoover stab thing is what i meant :oops:

Evil G
04-04-2005, 11:37 PM
i agree about the kick being too loud in the mids and not loud enough in the low end.

i don't think the synth is cheezy. i have mixed feelings about the sample. only using it once or twice would probably be better, imho.

could use with a bit of something to give it more energy, but i think the basics are pretty strong.

278d7e64a374de26f==