PDA

View Full Version : 2 tracks for u, one deep, one clubby

eyes without a face
05-04-2005, 10:08 AM
not posted anything in ages, just thought id post up a couple of tracks ive been doing

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Pushin_On.mp3 - big room club track, funky, big riff, and by my own admission cheesy but i make no bones about it haha.... its got a nice home too which is cool....

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Inner_Sphere.mp3 - deep, detroity piece of music here, nearly has a home too hehe

hope u enjoy peeps

AcidTrash
05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Pushin on sucked IMHO. Really don't like the ravey synth. Production is sound though. The other one is a bit mongy for my liking but it's not bad. You've done better. Sorry.

Jimfish
05-04-2005, 10:50 AM
yeah i really like innner sphere but not into that 'goodfellas' type loop.
I think maybe a better pattern on the bass too scott.
best bits are the second and third synths that come in

BloodStar
05-04-2005, 10:52 AM
i like both tracks...nice production.
i don't like the rave synth in Pushing On. you could do without it or tune it more,,, i don'tknow :cool:
Inner Sphere is soemthing i 'd deffo play in the set... nice atmo in it... :clap:

nice

Jimfish
05-04-2005, 10:52 AM
ravey one will be cool once youve balanced the mix out a little better too :)

lau
05-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Liked the 2nd one...... Nice laidback tune got the summer vibe all over it :cool:

NinjaTechno
05-04-2005, 01:33 PM
i liked the ravey number....sounds like intec type percussion (real sweet sounding) nice and catchy and the old skool flavor bit sounds like mybe a old prodigy riff.i like ;)

dirty_bass
05-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Not into the first one at all.
That rave synth is too prominent, too thin, and sounds a bit too dry.
Bass is a little too quiet (you still having bass problems?) and doesn`t go down into the sub range

Second one is much better. Nice warm pads at the beginning.
Although the bass seems to work against the groove, burying the kick and killing the funk. Maybe try moving the whole patter 2 notes on?
Nice track, good production, but sounds like many other of the non descript trax I have in my house/chicago/detroit collection.

audioinjection
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
second one kicks ass imo, very detroity, nice bassline (which i think can come out a little more) and synths are nice and deep, nice job :clap:

first track i like as well, but the synths do get to me a bit, but its all good, still does the job

xfive
05-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah not into the first one really...
Second one is much better but it needs some level sorting as the mids and his are significantly louder than the low end.

BRADLEE
05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Pushing on....Dope tune Scott other than the synth too man. Very nice job in the percussive noises though. But man, you were talking about cheese on someones synth....OI...now that is some cheese ;)

The tune would be great if you used some other sound I would expect, and the low end could use a bit of boosting too. Just not much Sub in here at all...Give it that girth!!!! :twisted:

BRADLEE
05-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Inner Sphere...

Man I loved this one from start to finish. ****ING amazing work on this one IMO. I have no other comments!!!

eyes without a face
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
cheers guys, some mixed opinions haha, but cheers....

as for the cheese thing, i explained, i love cheese, if its good! that track is a club track pure and simple, and i said that beginning i make no apologies for the riff/cheese haha

but cheers people

eyes without a face
05-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Pushin on sucked IMHO

really feeling that positive feedback there ;)

Apex Beat
06-04-2005, 03:17 AM
As mentioned, bass feels too thin on the first track. Not feeling the synths, they sound a little too old skool for my liking but the percussion was solid and interesting and I quite like the sample as well. Mix down was solid though, felt quite right. Not my thing though.

Second track is quality though, although well produced I've not personally liked most of your detriot stuff but this ones exceptional. Has loads of soul too it, everything fits quite well. Very nice synths especially towards the end.

eyes without a face
06-04-2005, 10:18 AM
cheers ross, means alot mate ;)

BRADLEE
08-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Pushin on sucked IMHO.

That's not proper Pete. I never caught this before,but man...be cool. That's just a bit disrespectful right there IMO.

Constructive feedback is encouraged, but even if you don't like something, you shouldn't be like "OH that sucks". We're all just working to try and make things happen, and we should be helping one another out in turn...

xfive
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah... I missed that as well... if I had caught it in time I would have issued a warning flag but consider yourself warned.... I don't want to hand out the flags but I will if this happens again... and that goes for anybody.

Don't be rude :evil:

eyes without a face
08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
i was hoping someone else would pick up on that personally i must say, that was just plain disrespect

dirty_bass
08-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Scot smells of poo, and I took his mum out last night, and carried her home like a bowling ball.

Stella Boy
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Just listening now and not sure about Pushin On. It kinda sits in a nowhere mans land in musical taste and would be very difficult to gauge where to play it out. The production I feel needs to be tweaked a bit ( what do I know :roll: :lol: ) with certain elements adjusting for a cleaner cut.

BRADLEE
08-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Scot smells of poo, and I took his mum out last night, and carried her home like a bowling ball.

See now that was just funny :lol:

Stella Boy
08-04-2005, 11:18 PM
2nd track is nice, very nice but I just get the feeling of some old detroit samples running though my head. Good production from what I can tell but it sounds like many a track I've already got. Whether this is praise you wanted I don't know :eh:

eyes without a face
08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
im not after praise at all, feedback!

all appreciated.....

haha at steve, why i outta!

278d7e64a374de26f==