PDA

View Full Version : Akai MPC users - advice needed please.

The Divide
05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I have just been offered an Akai MPC2000xl fully loaded nearly brand new, 32mb HD + I already have a SCSI drive

The question is do you think I should by it?

Currently working mainly within the pc and bus'ing out to 16 channel mixer. Hardware fx and compression is not a problem.

I love battery, huge fan of it but I do find it hard to get depth in sound and I end up having to layer up to get width. Plus I always max out my cpu and end up having to reluctantly bounce down channels

What do you think?

Would very much appreciate your help

The Overfiend
06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
buy it danny!

Barely Human
06-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Buy it and give it me :lol:

Kevin Gorman
06-04-2005, 02:02 AM
definitly go for it, i could see you getting alot of use out of it

carltaylor43
06-04-2005, 02:56 AM
ive got an MPC2000XL, and its deffinatly easier to get a decent beat going + a lot more fun than using the computer... the process of putting the beats in the machine, then recording back into my PC seems to make the drums sound better (must a combination of MPC DA, cable, AD - PC)... you end up making drum patterns that you probably wouldnt have come up with on the PC drawing on the screen... you just bash the pads, straight outa your head in into the machine... the swing is really good on it as well.. pads feel good, well built, rock solid stability... 10 outputs..

FX arnt that great (really old S2000 / 3000 FX board) but they have character and are usuable...

And of course its great live as well, not to mention it can control all your other gear... 32 midi channels

I use this software as well to make putting samples in the machine a piece of cake

http://www.midicase.com/mpceditor/

cheap as well, I couldnt live without it....

Id say buy it, if you dont like it for whatever reason, they seem to be holding thier value... so im sure you would have plenty of takers..

messyfuture
06-04-2005, 08:17 AM
buy it man

i got a 2000 for the sole purpose of playing live

i now use it loads in the studio for extra drums and that, its like a extra battery for me. and if its fully loaded should be rockin the 8 outs are a must for it though

go for it :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==