PDA

View Full Version : Miss - placing/laid vinyl

miss bass
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
:neutral:

In the whole 3 years ive been collecting vinyl and doing gigs, ive never lost any until the last month where ive somehow lost Soundpete and BMB tunes . These emoticons dont describe how sick i ****ing feel. And yeh its my own fault for being so dumb, but then i think i remember holding the vinly putting it in my case and taking the record out of the other dudes hand who mixed into it. I mean im 10 times more paranoid than anyone, whether thats the female side coming out in me. I remmeber searching round on the floor with my eyes making sure i have everything especially after it happens once, that almost killed me let alone another.

Anyway i suck :cry: hope none of you do the same

miss bass
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
that should be my new name miss laid or miss placed.

maily
05-04-2005, 11:03 PM
that should be my new name miss laid... .. .
snigger ;)

dirty_bass
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Dam, this has happened to me at a few raves, and I lost some damn good tunes.
The only way to ever feel whole again, is to relentlessly track the records down on the net.

eyes without a face
05-04-2005, 11:43 PM
nothing worse.... how disrespectful is it to have records stolen out of ur bag at a gig... its happened to me, thats really low

audioinjection
05-04-2005, 11:53 PM
yup, has happened to me too, sucks big time

The Overfiend
06-04-2005, 12:04 AM
let alexander technique use one of my records at this club in jersey
he then played it for me 2 days later telling me he bought it no so long ago
hes a bastard and i wish i can punch him but hes too busy playing for the chavs with princess superstar these days i hear

audioinjection
06-04-2005, 12:06 AM
let alexander technique use one of my records at this club in jersey
he then played it for me 2 days later telling me he bought it no so long ago
hes a bastard and i wish i can punch him but hes too busy playing for the chavs with princess superstar these days i hear

lol, dude, i'd slap him across the face

The Overfiend
06-04-2005, 12:25 AM
this was in 98
i wanna smack him regardless

eyes without a face
06-04-2005, 12:30 AM
smack him, i love it when people who deserve it get smacked, and that definately deserves it :lol:

The Overfiend
06-04-2005, 12:53 AM
you guys can smack him for me
doesnt he play radio one?
djs aint rockstars something like that?

stjohn
06-04-2005, 01:06 AM
losing tunes used to be a chinese form of torture.... i drink too much sometimes.... and left my whole bag of tunes in the boot of a taxi...... who took them somewhere over the rainbow, never to surface again. every couple of months i ring the central stores just in case but this was 2 years ago and nothing!! :cry:

i always have to do something once to learn my lesson!!!!! :doh:

dan the acid man
06-04-2005, 02:38 AM
this has happened to us all, and iv'e only ever played a few smallish parties :doh:

dirty_bass
06-04-2005, 03:12 AM

Send me a photo and and I`ll put him on the shit list

ampassasinbirmingham
06-04-2005, 01:04 PM
u can easily get hold of those records again tho tash!!!

My vinyls not only go missing when playing, but more intruiging is when they abseluteley vanish into thin air with no excuse. i have 5 vinyls that i really need that i cant find anywhere.

I did find one of these records the other day tho when my friend found my copy of ass and titties after i thought it was lost for about a year.

loopdon
06-04-2005, 01:58 PM
that should be my new name miss laid... .. .
snigger ;)

:crackup:

koma
06-04-2005, 02:21 PM
nothing worse.... how disrespectful is it to have records stolen out of ur bag at a gig... its happened to me, thats really low

i know a case where entire bag, full of newest records, was stolen.. can't even imagine what a shock was that to a poor guy.. :neutral:

Florence
06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
thank God it never happened to me... I'm a psycho when it comes to records :rambo:

miss bass
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
u can easily get hold of those records again tho tash!!!

My vinyls not only go missing when playing, but more intruiging is when they abseluteley vanish into thin air with no excuse. i have 5 vinyls that i really need that i cant find anywhere.

I did find one of these records the other day tho when my friend found my copy of ass and titties after i thought it was lost for about a year.

yeh i know i could get them, it just pisses me off to think im a complete loser, or someone else has been a loser, but i think im the loser

paulcortex
06-04-2005, 04:54 PM
well...for me the worst expirience was losing two record boxes full of my best chewwwwwns....aaaaaaaaarghhhhhh....
completely my fault though....
i was trashed (as usual!!) and went back to the club owners house for a little after party....sssssssssssniiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffff
and was due to play the same club again the next night...
so.....rather stupidly i left my records at his house(too heavy to carry again)...ok?????
nope!!!!! next night i went to the club to play and it was locked up....
no one anywhere to be seen....i waited for 1 hour in my car and then
the club promnoter turned up to say the owner had been arrested for possessing a lot of a certain white powder........aaaaaarggggghhhh

he went down for a long time........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

i tried for 2 years to get my chewns back before giving up....

im still traumetised now...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

paulcortex
06-04-2005, 04:56 PM
ps.....anyone got gfx-eternal ep????.........i miss it soooooooo much
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

miss bass
06-04-2005, 05:58 PM
****inghell

you poor soul.

Sorry for bringing up the torture for you. :cry:

Thats seriously a major arse wipe

paulcortex
06-04-2005, 06:21 PM
its ok....im ok...the twice a week therapy has helped a lot.....
and they say time is a healer (how wrong!!!!)
i still cant get most of the tunes i lost....guess i learned the hard way

MOTTO OF THE STORY......

:nono: :nono: :nono: NEVER LET A CLUB OWNER WHO DEALS CHARLIE MIND YOUR RECORDS FOR THE NIGHT>>>(EVEN IF THEY ARE TOO HEAVY TO CARRY!!!)
:nono: :nono: :nono:
U JUST MIGHT LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

miss bass
06-04-2005, 06:40 PM
u poor bugger

dont do it again

detfella
06-04-2005, 07:16 PM
has anyones vinyl melted on the platter?

audioinjection
06-04-2005, 07:50 PM

:eh:

ampassasinbirmingham
06-04-2005, 07:58 PM

u got some hot decks det.!!

Mindful
06-04-2005, 09:45 PM

u got some hot decks det.!!

:lol:

Never had melting records but I hate warped ones bah

The Overfiend
06-04-2005, 11:33 PM

Send me a photo and and I`ll put him on the shit list

http://images.picsearch.com/is?245763144501

Martin Dust
07-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Everyone has been dipped, move everyone else shit out of the way and put your records on your right-hand side. Put your tunes back and if anyone gets in the way, tell them you're trying to work. Get command of your area and make everyone feel like they are in your way, which they are!!!

Don't take drugs and don't leave your box unless you are 100% certain it's safe, if there's 1% risk, carry it with you and put up with a bad back, much better than losing 100 tunes.

Get a bag/box that locks.

Frank Dogshit
07-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Everyone has been dipped, move everyone else shit out of the way and put your records on your right-hand side. Put your tunes back and if anyone gets in the way, tell them you're trying to work. Get command of your area and make everyone feel like they are in your way, which they are!!!

Don't take drugs and don't leave your box unless you are 100% certain it's safe, if there's 1% risk, carry it with you and put up with a bad back, much better than losing 100 tunes.

and get each record electronically tagged,that should do the trick!! :lol:

Tony
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
wow! i've never lost a record, i dont lend them out. i've never been so wrecked as to forget a bag or even a single tune. i've had one stolen, by a guy who is now ostracized from our friends due to repeatedly stealing records he continually asks 'whos this?' about. but aside from that the only place they get lost is within my collection in my own room.

miss bass
07-04-2005, 02:22 PM

yes sir :oops: :cool:

Apex Beat
07-04-2005, 05:19 PM
House parties are notorious for absoloute morons either trying to scratch on something they've found in your bag or spilling beer on your vinyl and making those lovely vinyl sleeves all colour-run and crinkley.

278d7e64a374de26f==