PDA

View Full Version : movie quotes

nova
06-04-2005, 10:11 AM
hi,

ive been downloading wav movie quotes to use as samples. but they seem to course crashes on my mac with logic and kontact running. is this because they hav some sort of copy right on them?.

ive got the update on kontakt which has made more stable. but still getting crashes when using these movie quotes.

Dan Devious
06-04-2005, 10:26 AM
simple, use fruityloops :)

nova
06-04-2005, 11:19 AM
fruity does seem to be a good programe. but i wont change from logic :lol:

Dan Devious
06-04-2005, 11:30 AM
i take it u use a mac then??

RDR
06-04-2005, 12:47 PM
hi,

ive been downloading wav movie quotes to use as samples. but they seem to course crashes on my mac with logic and kontact running. is this because they hav some sort of copy right on them?.

ive got the update on kontakt which has made more stable. but still getting crashes when using these movie quotes.

i seriously doubt this - the wav format especiialy when dowloadable is not capable of containing DRM information.

the likelihood is that they are are either corrupted, are of the wrong format, bit depth or samplerate. Im right in thinking that logic can convert as necessary.

are you importing them into an audio track or into kontact?

lau
06-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah I had a problem like that too.....
Most of the samples I downloaded were 8bit and logic couldnĀ“t do sh*t with em....

just convert them...

nova
06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
been using them in kontakt. downloading them then converting them to wav with audacity. but can download them as wav or mp3 of the site well thats what they spose to be. but some of them aint.

but when converting them with audacity they dont sound right. like abit skippy. i should be able to change bit rate with audcity or peak.

yeap i use mac ;)

nova
06-04-2005, 04:03 PM
dodg what you mean. i doub this. what the copy right?

what maid me think that that was some accapellas i downloaded but couldnt use cus they were crashing my mac. like they had some sort of thing on them like copy right or some shit

nova
07-04-2005, 09:00 AM
convert them to what bit rate? like 16 0r 24 or somthing

RDR
07-04-2005, 11:22 AM
DRM is digital rights management. AFAIK the PCM format is incapable of containing the DRM information which prevents copying in the consumer domain.

WMV and WMA and other propprietary formats are capable but im fairly sure that straight up PCM is not. I think this is what was being got at.

nova
07-04-2005, 11:38 AM
ah right. cheers for explaining that. so on the movie quotes i need to change bit rate then. to wot rate?

just seemed strange that mac started crashing when using them

nova
07-04-2005, 02:08 PM
right i downloaded a remix bundle and my mac just keeps crashing. there just 1 loop in logics audio. and a few parts in kontakt. the thing pissing me off :bash: .

my kontakts a brought version and reged to me. so's logic. cant understand this. ni said new update so i done that wile ago

nova
07-04-2005, 02:17 PM
ah just had alook at the loop in audacity and it was at 32bit floatingpoint. so i change to 16bit. hopfully that will sort it :lol:

anyone kno if that 32 bit floatingpoint thing would of been coursing the prob

Scott Kemix
07-04-2005, 04:24 PM
16 bit defo. Try using cubase sx i can throw anything at it and it is stable as a cable ;)

RDR
07-04-2005, 05:24 PM
16 bit defo. Try using cubase sx i can throw anything at it and it is stable as a cable ;)

so true.

nova
07-04-2005, 08:09 PM
i hav been thinking about cubase but dunno got so ust to using logic. and logic maid for mac only now so would of thout it was the 1 to use for me a mac user. theres so many producers out there that get on with logic aswell. i kno a few people that use sonar on pc and they say thats good. but i got a nice powerbook g4 so i dont realy want a pc.

are you using cubase on mac or pc?

nova
07-04-2005, 08:30 PM
there so expensive aswell to change to cubase. like cubase sx is 425. if anything i'd tri cubase sl3. wot you think on sl3?.

i take it you use cubase dodge

nova
07-04-2005, 10:09 PM
the thing is if i change to cubase (see some boxed ones on ebay) im not gonna be able to use my audio units plugins am i?. and whats even worse i was gonna get vintage warmer tomorrow in audio units for logic. but thinking now if gonna tri cubase out theres no point until i got cubase up and running.

tracatak
12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
www.thedailywav.com is a good site to d/l movie samples..can any1 else recommend something similar////

Ladius
13-04-2005, 07:28 PM

so true.

agreed

Dan Devious
13-04-2005, 08:03 PM
http://www.wavcentral.com/

tocsin
13-04-2005, 08:32 PM
www.thedailywav.com is a good site to d/l movie samples..can any1 else recommend something similar////

The interface is a bit annoying, but http://www.soundamerica.com used ot have a lot of movie wavs.

BTW, Nova, just try setting the files to 16bit 44.1khz sampling rate. It's a safe standard. Also, make sure the files you are downloading aren't of some screwy algorythm for compression. If they are, make sure you set your wav file to PCM when saving. That could be what is causing the crash if either Kontact or Logic doesn't like it.

AcidTrash
14-04-2005, 01:34 AM
simple, use fruityloops :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: totally

nova
14-04-2005, 10:38 AM
cheers for the movie links guys. sticking on logic. i like logic. just hav a few probs and i dont think fruitys the answer. nothing against fruity. :lol:

nova
14-04-2005, 10:57 AM
toscin, i got on to emagic tec support about the crashes. and it all started with kontakt when i was just using hardware and logic to sequnenc it it was fine no crashes. just had a timimg issue where my tb would go out of time. then got sent a arrange so that my ports were set on my amt8 1 2 3 and so on. and that sorted for a wile anyway then put kontakt on. and the crashes started. so i updated it which was supposed to sort it. put about 4- 5 nu plugins on at weekend and it started crashing well bad. emagic tec supported said move the plungin componets to the desk top and go thru them opening logic to see which is causing the crashes. anyway got few on the desktop then my computer fuct up. its gone off now to the shop and just heard from then and the harddrive was fukt. it should be home in a week all fixed. think i put to many plugins init or somthing

Scott Kemix
14-04-2005, 12:18 PM
stick with what ya know, cubase or logic, i would not recommend fruityloops.

FUSION
14-04-2005, 12:29 PM

you would if you were from europe and produced schranz

nova
14-04-2005, 03:20 PM
yeah, i wouldnt change to fruity anyway.

Barely Human
14-04-2005, 04:36 PM

Pffft, looks like fruity is still the leper of the production world. Its almost like its meant to be degrading to admit you use it.

Mindful
14-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Who gives a shit what you use to make music?

The important thing is what you can do with whatever youve got.

I dont see why it should bother anyone if sombody uses somthing other than what they use,To say that sombodys music isnt as good because they have used Fruity for example is madness?

Original topic out of the window :lol:

nova
14-04-2005, 06:31 PM
im not saying music thats maid with fruity is not as good as with another. i was just tring to find out about cubase.

im happy with making music on logic. and i was think of changing to cubase. not be cause it can do this or that or makes music better. because im having problems with logic. thats it

Mindful
14-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah wasnt aiming that little rant at anyone inperticular especially not you Nove mate.

I dont use Fruity myself I just read the last few post and whent off topic a little.
Sorry guys :oops: :lol:

Mindful
14-04-2005, 06:56 PM
In the words of Dan the acid man....................
.......Ill get me coat :lol:

nova
14-04-2005, 07:14 PM
haha no dont get your coat you probaly kno about logic :lol: . didnt want anyone thinking i was putting fruit down. wouldnt be able to put any music up. get drilled by the fruiters hahaha.

theres realy good music being made with fruity . as shown on this boared.

no worries anyway mindful m8 ;).

nova
14-04-2005, 07:31 PM
a yeah. is putting the ram up to 1556 gonna mak logic handle the plugins better?. i had it at 700 and somthing. i just got shop to put an extra gig init. is that gonna help?. or do i need more on hd as thats only at 60

278d7e64a374de26f==