PDA

View Full Version : Apex Beat - Reflex (Deep 'rolling' techno)

Apex Beat
06-04-2005, 05:10 PM
http://junkies.splask.co.uk/Apexbeat%20-%20Reflex.mp3

As previously stated, this tracks quite deep with rolling drums. Tried to create a atmosphere with loads of reverb and delays with the effects. Really trying to use compression now and hopefully the effects show through compared to my previous works. Constructive feedback, is as always, very much appriciated. Thanks x

eyes without a face
06-04-2005, 05:17 PM
this is good, i liked it, but maybe take the delays off, the synth sound cool and u could maybe get a better fuller track by taking the delays off and adding a really chunky bassline under there and just letting the kick hit on each 4 beat instead of the delayed effect going on now... it sounds good but i just think that wud make it groovier and wud give the mix more space

nice work tho

greasyfastspeed
06-04-2005, 07:42 PM
as i said before chief, i love the little snippets of sounds being brought in and taken out, not being looped. theres some well nice little edits in there.

i like the delayed kicks at some points but it defo needs to calm down at somewhere and as eyeswithoutaface says, just letting that kick hit on the 4.
if you get this kick in there, make it real fat and booming.

BRADLEE
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
It's just not my stlye, so I cannot really give an accurate decsription.....

Apex Beat
07-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Surely one can comment on production even if one does not enjoy the track? Anyway no matter, thanks for listening all the same!

Yeah I suppose the kicks non-stop, will get back to the lab!

Apex Beat
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok updated it a little, check it out! x

BRADLEE
07-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Surely one can comment on production even if one does not enjoy the track? Anyway no matter, thanks for listening all the same!

Sounds pretty cool to me now amigo. The delayed kicks thru the whole track was just a bit too much before. However I think you found a more proper balance now. The DL cut off for me after 2 minutes and some seconds, but what I heard I did like.

Apex Beat
07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Yeah I need to sequence the rest and upload the final version, feedbacks been helpful and concise. Cheers.

stjohn
07-04-2005, 09:24 PM
nice tune man

i think those delays are occupying alot of space where u could throw a fat bassline or nice perx which would fill the tune more!!!!!IMO
nice tune as a said and look forward to the final!!

i think a nice space-age synth on top would help too coz it kinda has that buzz goin!!

BRADLEE
07-04-2005, 10:17 PM
i think a nice space-age synth on top would help too coz it kinda has that buzz goin!!

I agree as well...some nice subliminal spacey stuff would be good layered in there as well. Bassline might collide IMO, but it is also worth a try to give even more depth to the tune.

278d7e64a374de26f==