PDA

View Full Version : rory st john - bleak ulysses

stjohn
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
bleak ulysses (http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~clubbers/wonk_master.mp3)

the kick is a bit small but it kinda fits the tune ok!!! feedback and beer welcome!
thanks

BRADLEE
07-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I really like the overall feel of the track. All seems to fit very well together. I would still say add a bit more punch to the kicks, but I like it hard!!! :twisted: Also a few edits here and there to keep it a bit less loopy before the break. Maybe some reverse, stutter, or filter edits on the whole drum sequence will do the trick. All in all I think I like this the best of anything I've heard you do. Granted I've only heard like 3 tunes though. Quite good work amigo :clap:

Evil G
08-04-2005, 12:22 AM
don't have much to say, except that i like it.

stjohn
08-04-2005, 12:27 AM
cheers lads.... ye im not sure what to do about the kik!!!??? its the type of kik that sounds big on a big system...
i was also thinkin maybe lining it with a big subbass which it doesnt have at the moment,..
thanks for the fdbk!!! ;)

BRADLEE
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I wasn't trying to be too critical amigo just so you know. Just giving opinion. I only listened in headphones too. So that kick may be much larger in presence than I can tell......

stjohn
08-04-2005, 12:55 AM
no bother at all man...all comments are welcome... im still undecided myself!!! about the kik ;)

j_s
08-04-2005, 03:04 AM
i like it. very nice percussion work, some nice subtle fills going on. adding in some (lots?) of sub sounds like a good idea, other n that, sounds good to me....

lau
08-04-2005, 11:56 AM
yeah nice tune... only think I dont like is the bass...
Its kinda humming all the time.. dunno how to explain...

enniewayzz think the kick is right .. Just try to get the track "rolling" a bit more

Apex Beat
08-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Is that glitchy static noise meant to be there? I dont think it sounds good at all and to me sounds like a mistake in the production. Apart from that, the tunes really good. Nice complex loops and the percussion is cool. I think the kick sounds suited to what it is. It has a lot of different noises in it, good shit man :clap:

stjohn
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Is that glitchy static noise meant to be there? I dont think it sounds good at all and to me sounds like a mistake in the production. Apart from that, the tunes really good. Nice complex loops and the percussion is cool. I think the kick sounds suited to what it is. It has a lot of different noises in it, good shit man :clap:

that glitchy noise is a distorted drive crunchy sound....but then mixed with a kind of acid bassline it does come across a bit loud....

im unsure of that bassline too, but i have humming half thru for a while so that when it kiks in again the tune fill up...

thanks for all the feedback people, you have me thinking again!! :clap:

audioinjection
08-04-2005, 06:11 PM
nice track man, but yea that kick bugs me a bit w/ that bassline in the background, its too constant i think...............might sound good on a big system though, but i would like to hear it w/ a phat bassline instead, thats just me :rambo:

but the percussion sounds cool and everything sounds right on, good stuff

278d7e64a374de26f==