PDA

View Full Version : BOA Mods/Admins

Will
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Dunno if this is the right forum for this, but after it took 4 months for my account to be activated I think the fair thing would be if the (suitable) BOA Mods/Admins played at Antithesis for free. ;) I mean all those months of mental anguish, just waiting for my account to be activated, lawyers in america would be licking their lips!

Also, do you ever run into BOA Rockers and get into a big punch up??

dirty_bass
08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
What`s antithesis?
and what`s a BOA rocker?
4 months, wow, I know mark is busy but maybe you just got lost in the inbox or something

Will
08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Antithesis is a new techno night in Liverpool, starting in May, the Fusion guys will be residents there (along with Beatle and myself), and it was a mods and rockers joke, couldn't resist.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a case of getting lost in the inbox or something, but it got sorted in the end...

dan the acid man
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
anyway, welcome :cool:

MARKEG
09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
i know it's silly, and ppl really think i'm an ass for being like this sometimes, but i'm quite strict on membership these days. i've met so many friends and great people though this board we have to be really careful that's it's not as 'public' as many other boards. plus of course, the new site is due soon and we have to make sure it keep the same members over the transistion to keep the link between the old board ;)

sometimes it's nice to go on this board and not worry about 1000 newbies flaming you for something silly. hope you like the place matey.

djsirround
09-04-2005, 12:53 PM
mark may be you are doing anniversary parties for your members? if I am not wrong mine is coming soon hahah

Will
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Well I'm on now, that's the main thing I suppose! Yeah, defo like the place, probably the best forum on the net so I can't argue too much with how you run it I suppose! Although IQ might change that. ;) People flaming you for something silly?

I'm open to offers by the way! And thanks for the welcome Dan, the acid man.

dirty_bass
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, sorry,
Welcome, pull up a chair, help yourself to a beer, and throw another Britney CD on the fire.

Mirsha
10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I only know one of other forum aside from BOA which controls it's membership, which has everything to do with the the 40,000 active users, the costs in running the site (they charge for accounts) and due to the nature of the site the large amount of assholes who travel through.

Personaly I think controlling the membership here is working quite well, it is a busy site despite this rule and it seems devoid of the time wasting wankers that can plague other sites with large user bases or topics in the popular light.

Four months for activation is a bit excessive though, personal I only had to wait around three weeks which wasn't terribly bad. I had completely forgotten about BOA in the time it took to activate but when I got my confirmation email I came right back.

djsirround
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
when I registered wasn't so hard, may be it was still automatic at that time? It may be the case. This is the best and biggest forum I know, many professional people are also members to make part of our community :)

278d7e64a374de26f==