PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Hard House could lead to be comming Techno

Hakka.
25-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Before you run to fetch that huge knife and start sharpening the blade while rocking back and forth thinking "killl Hakka..." please note I've posted this for the comedy value. You may find this comment from an interview with Tidy Trax DJ Lee Haslam funny... I sure did.

“I think that Hard House is always going to be what it is, and it can only get better. We were talking the other day saying that Hard House is getting faster and harder and really we need to get it back down again because if it gets any more faster it’ll turn into Techno and blow itself out. You don’t know, it might turn around and go back underground you don’t know, but we want to slow it down, get the funk back into Hard House. You see a lot of it is just hoovers and noise, but Hard House for us has to have a lot of swing to it and a lot of funk to it, or else it just doesn’t work.

miromiric.
25-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Techno isn`t Techno because of the BPMs, Haka. Techno has a very strong idea behind the music.

crime
25-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Hmmmmm......

crime
25-05-2003, 01:24 PM
this hard house guy probably hasn't heard enough techno to know what he's talking about, and the press always like a soundbite..

Hakka.
25-05-2003, 01:24 PM
don't tell me mate! tell Lee Haslam! I never made those comments! Just thought they were hysterical and that you may also find it very amusing.

Esox Lucius
25-05-2003, 01:59 PM
hard house & (real) techno couldn`t be further apart, the crap that the likes of umek & co play does sort of sound like hard house, but i don`t class that as techno anyway.

miromiric.
25-05-2003, 04:09 PM
hard house & (real) techno couldn`t be further apart, the crap that the likes of umek & co play does sort of sound like hard house, but i don`t class that as techno anyway.

exactly.

BritishMurderBoy
26-05-2003, 01:52 AM
that quote isn't worth discussion, lock the topic mark NOW!

TripleX
26-05-2003, 01:14 PM
what is hardhouse?? heard it so many times, but we don´t have that in Germany, is it like Tech-house?

BritishMurderBoy
26-05-2003, 03:53 PM
na not at all...

http://www.bpmradio.co.uk

check out a few of the hard house sets on there if you are interested... can't say it is the cream of the genre but i don't believe it has one anyway...

TripleX
26-05-2003, 06:32 PM
thx mate

BritishMurderBoy
26-05-2003, 11:28 PM
8)

Xtraction
29-05-2003, 03:33 AM
Hard House is a term....I know that where I come from (Chicago) Hard House is called Techno here, and there as well....From what I've gathered, Lee may be absurd if he says NRG is becoming techno, but if he's referring to labels like Contaminated or the others that are now getting up there on the charts and more into play, they were raised in the hardhouse section and I think most is Techno. I just think people categorize music differently and it causes confusion in wording.

Techno is evolving on it's own path, it can never be touched in intensity.

Tr3v0r

MARKEG
30-05-2003, 04:35 AM
sorry m8 - bin away - so i haven't been able to lock the topic. but i think it's bringing up some interesting points though. hard house is so completely far removed from techno. i think lee has his definition of techno very, very messed up.

Hakka.
30-05-2003, 05:03 PM
I agree Mark. It's scary as well for man in his position to be so wrong?

I think so anyhow.

TripleX
02-06-2003, 06:25 PM
I listend to some stuff, didn´t like it at all, sound too commercial (dunno how else to describe it :roll: )
I am pretty confused :mrgreen: never heard something like that here in germany, not even anything close...
is it very popular in britain?

Esox Lucius
02-06-2003, 10:01 PM
yeah loads of people love it (don`t know why????) it is the worst genre of music ever imo, really commercial bullsh*t.

BritishMurderBoy
02-06-2003, 10:49 PM
i remeber walking past a group of people goin to a sundisential nite in brum.......... :roll:

if confusion is sexy those people are all supermodels

278d7e64a374de26f==