PDA

View Full Version : the 909 and 303 were the new electric guitar...

Dave Elyzium
09-04-2005, 04:58 PM
...but what will the next new revoloution be?? they say there wont be a new explosion of new music until the next reoloutionary instrument arrives....so what will it be???

Metadog
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
i dunno - i feel an ultra old skool cockernee spoonz revival coming on ...

maybe a primary skool revisited dried beans in tin shaker percussion cud be new 909, twanged elastic band could be new 303, lets see ya retro fit them for midi !

dirty_bass
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Software studios are the new instrument.
There will be no more music revolutions though.
Things will only ever be cult from now on.

RDR
09-04-2005, 08:32 PM
According to paul white's leader in SOS this month the guitar will be the new instrument for controlling synths...

the idea has been around for a while now, my mate has a guitar interface and it ****in rocks (pun intended) so much fun to use.. if you play guitar its well worth it.

rounser
10-04-2005, 05:25 AM
The supersaw for trance (JP8000 I think), the hoover for gabber (alpha junos), the reese for dnb, squarewave bass for speed garage, MPCs for hip hop...

Most of all, though, I think dance music has been taken over by percussion. Maybe it's a result of the sequencer interface itself as a pervasive "electric guitar"...Cubase the new 303...maybe it most of all encourages drum programming, because drums lend themselves to being painted on a grid. I don't know.

Ritzi Lee
10-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Software studios are the new instrument.
Things will only ever be cult from now on.

Wasn't it the same like in the age of rock music?

Anyway, things mostly come in an unexpected way. ;)

Komplex
10-04-2005, 12:30 PM
laptops ;)

AcidTrash
10-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I think animal torture will be the new musical revolution. nothing else squeals like quite like a chimp when you slap it hard with a ten inch black rubber dildo.

j_s
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM

how can you say that?
whats to say we have the scope to predict what the future will bring?

The Divide
10-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I dont know about the next instrumment will be but music in surround sound could well be the way forward

Lets all go 360 :rambo:

dirty_bass
10-04-2005, 11:49 PM

how can you say that?
whats to say we have the scope to predict what the future will bring?
Music has changed
It`s more of a throwaway thing than it has ever been.
There`s nothing left to rebel against, and it never makes a difference anyway, as people know.
There will be cool music, and new music, but I boubt there will ever be another music revolution.
I hope their is, but I`m willing to place 50 quid at a bookies to bet that there will be no music revolutions within the next 10 years.

Until the day they develope a thought to sound midi interface that is.

Yeah, surround sound is way cool, but irrelevant to a club envirnment.
Most rigs don`t even run in stereo.

Although I did see a 242 gig in quadraphonic years ago, that was the nuts.

MARKEG
11-04-2005, 01:19 AM
surround sound is defintely something i need to get into.

i soooooo need that my life.

but will it be the next 303 revolution??

hmmmm.... don't know at the mo cause it's hard enopugh for clubs to learn how to wire up two stereo speakers let alone a surround sound system.

whether you like it or not, clubs are ruling our music and anything that adds complications to a club environment are not going to work.

so ok, let's go back to the 303 or 909. an instrument that is revolutionising music.

1 response:

ableton

;)

The Divide
11-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Why not in a club scenario? Maybe not the music but for master fx I could see it happening somewhere. Its hardly a revolution but its still something to think about.

As for the prediction of a revolution. I dont think you can predict it. I think it just happens. You never know whats coming around the corner

Saying nothing new will come is like saying that we arent evolving imo

Then again are really evolving or is everything just happening as a chain reaction from the previous event? Another thing, in say another 50-100 years time all the previous music revolutions will be history and history repeats itself.

The Divide
11-04-2005, 02:12 AM
But it wouldnt be new...

Hmmm

I guess its down to invention as well as change within society :crackup:

Mite have to invent a new form of synthesis which knocks nukes out of the sky when we have world war 3

rounser
11-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Saying nothing new will come is like saying that we arent evolving imo
And in doing that you're also in danger of sounding a bit like the head of the patent office in about 1900 who wanted to shut it down because "everything has been invented." :doh:

Ritzi Lee
11-04-2005, 09:20 AM
surround sound is defintely something i need to get into.

i soooooo need that my life.
;)

Yeah!
But you won't reach this on vinyl m8.

Maybe a future digital record system... Who knows.

TechMouse
11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
According to paul white's leader in SOS this month the guitar will be the new instrument for controlling synths...

the idea has been around for a while now, my mate has a guitar interface and it ****in rocks (pun intended) so much fun to use.. if you play guitar its well worth it.
Mike Oldfield's been doing this for a while now.

It's quite interesting watching / hearing him play drum tracks on a Guitar with a MIDI unit fitted.

TechMouse
11-04-2005, 11:15 AM
1 response:

ableton

;)
:clap:

We did a night @ The Bomb in Nottingham on Friday, and my mate Gaz did one of his Ableton sets that tore the roof off.

He starts mixing tracks from all genres... House, Techno, Electro, Breaks, whatever, and throwing in his own loops on the fly. Bringing in acapellas and doing FX in real-time, which he's got down pretty tight with one of those Kenton control freak things.

People hear all kinds of tunes that no-one in their right mind would try and mix under conventional circumstances, not only being mixed together, but re-mixed ad hoc. Re-sequenced, re-effected, re-worked. They hear instantly recognisable acapellas, noises, sound effects etc. getting thrown over the top as improvisationally as possible. And they go nuts.

He's even pretty much junked Cubase for production now. Just uses Ableton from word go, because the results are so much more immediate - not to mention that stuff is "ready to go" in a live context straight away. You can go from zero to a workable loop in seconds rather than minutes - which is awesome for keeping your workflow tight.

detfella
11-04-2005, 07:15 PM
http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4795
:clap: :love:

ThiagoM
13-04-2005, 04:08 PM
I think this is not a revolution... But it revolutionarize the way you work with your drums (especially your 909)... Worth the check

http://www.jomox.com/xbase999.html

278d7e64a374de26f==