RZ-1
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
This is the first go at a new track:

I've been working through this electro/rock track thats focusing
on clusters and groove. Its started with an 909 drum kit, but now
the beat is much more layered.

Any thoughts are appreciated:
http://www.rz-1.com/mp3s/RZ-1clustergroove.mp3

If you like it or hate it, give me a holla and tell me why.

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

eyes without a face
11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
its not electro, and its certainly not techno production is it?

maybe read the forum headings and do a bit of research first.....

as for the track.... errr..... i dont want to comment for risk of offence im sorry

CORROSIVE
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
:nono:

audioinjection
11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
those pianos go way off beat..............i dont know if that was your intention, but it doesnt sound good imo

and those drums dont sound too well, maybe if you can fix those up a bit, it would work

sounds more like downtempo or jazzy hip hop i think

lau
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
as for the track.... errr..... i dont want to comment for risk of offence im sorry

LoL

I think you just did...

thatz evil I tells you

eyes without a face
11-04-2005, 05:52 PM
in light of recent personal events, its called diplomacy ;)

Apex Beat
11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Piano's sound awfully out of key and off-beat, you should completely re-sequence them. Try putting more variation in the structure, i.e. higher keys and lower keys sounding together or whatever. You need to keep them on beat. Bass sounds ok but I think the drum samples your using are of low standard. Try compressing them and equalising them, they are too loose.

eyes without a face
11-04-2005, 06:00 PM
it sounds like uve just recorded the first part which ever it was and then uve tried to record things live over the top, and its not worked at all... patterns are all over the place and id have to say i think u need to redo them

RZ-1
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM

Yes! Thats the kind of stuff I want to hear. Thanks for all the crits. It helps me step back and try to rethink some ideas.

Its important for me that the piano rhythm stays the way it is and the notes remain simple. It'll take alot of work to turn the whole track into a solid groove. I've been experimenting with different beats on this one, and ended up someplace different. I'll try to find another way to bring out the high and low frequencies and add more variation to the piano.

The drum sounds were taken from the freesound archive. A group trying to build a database of open source samples.
http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/

BRADLEE
11-04-2005, 11:35 PM
to me it just sounds like the samples are mis-alligned. Maybe they have differant tempos or need to be stretched....But all of this sounds a bit off to me.

278d7e64a374de26f==