PDA

View Full Version : Chris McCormack, "Locked EP" (Materials)

Sunil
11-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Brilliant record, not that I expected any less. There's actually 5 tracks on the record, these are the only clips I could track down though:

http://www.chrismccormack.co.uk/cms/upload/mp3/Chris%20McCormack%20-%20Locked%20A1%20[MTZ009].mp3

http://www.chrismccormack.co.uk/cms/upload/mp3/Chris%20McCormack%20-%20Locked%20A2%20[MTZ009].mp3

:clap: :clap: :clap:

eyes without a face
11-04-2005, 08:44 PM
the 2nd track is the track Fenton started with at Voodoo, totally superb and sounded awesome....

Traxx
11-04-2005, 08:46 PM
That second track is class, my mates were raving about this when it got played at voodoo the weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:

stjohn
11-04-2005, 09:26 PM
the 2nd track is the track Fenton started with at Voodoo, totally superb and sounded awesome....
mental!!! :twisted:

ampassasinbirmingham
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM
superb release.

detfella
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
one of the finest techno producers ever imo. another quality release :clap:

lau
11-04-2005, 11:43 PM
aaaarghhh.!!

nice nice nice... been loving this guy for ages...

finally some new shit..!!!!

Methodixxx
12-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Damn straight!!!

Got this the other day.... I for one am happy to see another record from McCormack in the front of the box... he never fails!

I'm at work though.. need to go have a listen to this now!! hehe...

Craig McW
12-04-2005, 04:35 AM
It's damn good, where can you purchase it from online?

Traxx
12-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Dont think its out for a bit yet.

slavestudios
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
i'm gonna get roasted for this but i cant lie..

what is the big deal ? these arent bad trax. far far from it. they are very good. and i may well get this 12..

but i dont see whats he doing being that different from a lot of other artists.. he jus doesnt release at the same rate..

guys are slating BMB already.. the same ppl who dripped over them for the first 3 releases..

does familuarity really breed such contempt ?

but anyways, i really like this & wiil prob get it & play it a lot..

but i fail to see what marks it out above so much other techno other than his very very limited studio output..

Mirsha
12-04-2005, 05:49 PM
guys are slating BMB already.. the same ppl who dripped over them for the first 3 releases..
I think this is a very healthy attitude, judging each release on it's own merits rather than just blindly following someone based of a few good tracks. It's what makes techno good to me, folk filter out the stuff they don't like and focus on laying down quality.

The Overfiend
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
McCormack is one of the best, I have never ever had a qualm in saying so .

eyes without a face
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
McCormack is superb at times, and ok his release rate isnt the highest, but quality over quantity surely?

wait till u hear that 2nd track out.... oh my word... mayhem

The Overfiend
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
McCormack is superb at times, and ok his release rate isnt the highest, but quality over quantity surely?

wait till u hear that 2nd track out.... oh my word... mayhem

he's one of the best dammit you have to agree with me ill pummel you if not! :twisted:

xfive
12-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm personally not a huge fan of whatever that weird digital chirpy sound is that's in there... but the rest is pretty cool...

BastardoElectrico
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Lovin both tracks.mental breakdown and build in the first one with that nasty bassline.second one is the pick though what a ****in tune whens this one out?

Sunil
12-04-2005, 11:39 PM
but i fail to see what marks it out above so much other techno other than his very very limited studio output..

I think we've had this conversation before :)
He has a big enough discography, but it's been a bit more limited over the last couple of years.

A few things that mark him above other producers in my opinion is his knack for making a 'tune', outstanding production standard and his sheer diversity as an artist; there's not many techno producers who have gained high praise in electronica, electro/breaks, house and techno circles, is there? I haven't felt every single thing he's done, but of the standout stuff I like I'd be hard pressed to think of anything else I liked so much, or indeed that got such a massive reaction in a club. I'm a fan, not just of his music, but his attitude. Techno needs more people like this...

Martin Dust
13-04-2005, 08:40 AM
We love his work, simple as that. Everytime we drop one of his tunes it always goes off...

schlongfingers
13-04-2005, 09:26 AM
It's Ok, I kinda agree with Perpetual here.

Haven't really been astounded since the AK47 rmx. Still in the top 1% of techno tho of course :)

Daire
13-04-2005, 10:36 AM
In these testing times of techno Chris McCormack has always givin me faith, and this release is a perfect example why. The A2 track is excellent. :shock:

Cheers,
Dáire

Frank Dogshit
13-04-2005, 12:06 PM
brilliant EP this!!

the production on the 2nd track is superb,real mess with your head sorta shit!

cant wait to hear these out!

conflict
13-04-2005, 12:36 PM
yep i'm definately liking this,the second one

quality

dirty_bass
13-04-2005, 04:47 PM
I don`t like the random blippy "oh, I`ll just mash my hands over the keyboard" riff in one of them.

But I do like the 1st track.

I guess missed out on the Mccormack thing, I had the There are better ways album, but I just never listened to it.

Production is always solid but other than that, I don`t get the hype.

Col
13-04-2005, 08:40 PM

He has a big enough discography, but it's been a bit more limited over the last couple of years.

A few things that mark him above other producers in my opinion is his knack for making a 'tune', outstanding production standard and his sheer diversity as an artist; there's not many techno producers who have gained high praise in electronica, electro/breaks, house and techno circles, is there? I haven't felt every single thing he's done, but of the standout stuff I like I'd be hard pressed to think of anything else I liked so much, or indeed that got such a massive reaction in a club. I'm a fan, not just of his music, but his attitude. Techno needs more people like this...

i share your opinion sunil. (as i did last time round) couldnt have put it better.

ampassasinbirmingham
13-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I don`t like the random blippy "oh, I`ll just mash my hands over the keyboard" riff in one of them.

I guess missed out on the Mccormack thing, I had the There are better ways album, but I just never listened to it.

listen to his work and you might understand instead of dissmissing!!!

audioinjection
13-04-2005, 10:35 PM
hmmmm, i can't rave about this but they do sound pretty cool

dirty_bass
13-04-2005, 11:37 PM

I did, and I just couldn`t see what the hype was. I tried listening to that album many times, and never got the fuss.
Only thing I ever liked was erase techno.
Other than that to me it all sounded like Ben Sims-ish stuff.
Although well produced.

It`s obviously a taste thing.

I`m not slating him. I love his attitude. But I just don`t get the music at all.

The Overfiend
13-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Listen to his remixes to The Rascal by Ian Void On Geusky
and the Remix to Numbers and Measures, even Blackout Audio 001 says it all to me.

Literally nuff said as far I'm concerned.

basslinejunkie
13-04-2005, 11:53 PM
personally i prefer the 1st track to the 2nd,thats only going off short net clips though,but both tunes are wikked in my opinion.will be looking out for this!!

ampassasinbirmingham
14-04-2005, 12:01 AM

I did, and I just couldn`t see what the hype was. I tried listening to that album many times, and never got the fuss.
Only thing I ever liked was erase techno.
Other than that to me it all sounded like Ben Sims-ish stuff.
Although well produced.

It`s obviously a taste thing.

I`m not slating him. I love his attitude. But I just don`t get the music at all.

ahh i think ure on about his UK gold stuff. Not a massive fan of that stuff myself but it has its place.

Have a listen to this

http://www.nuloop.com/Details_e.php?arti=19264

The Overfiend
14-04-2005, 12:02 AM
I like his uk gold stuff
specially the reggae tinged one
and the down down down again :evil:
whatever man hate it or love it the boy is skilled period
his one track every few months kills the regular release cats easy!

ampassasinbirmingham
14-04-2005, 12:02 AM
I like his uk gold stuff
specially the reggae tinged one
and the down down down again :evil:
whatever man hate it or love it the boy is skilled period
his one track every few months kills the regular release cats easy!

second that.

dirty_bass
14-04-2005, 12:41 AM
No, it wasn`t uk gold, it was chris maccormack techno I didn`t like.
I like the stuff on that link.
And I like his electro tinged stuff.
But his 4x4 stuff just sounds like sims loops to me.

killarava2day
14-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Numbers and Measures

That track can bust a move whenever it's played! :clap:

Sunil
14-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Sounds to me like you haven't heard much of his stuff to be honest.

dirty_bass
14-04-2005, 11:11 AM

Sounds to me like you haven't heard much of his stuff to be honest.

Yeah, I have. It`s just not my bag baby.

schlongfingers
14-04-2005, 11:55 AM
No, it wasn`t uk gold, it was chris maccormack techno I didn`t like.
I like the stuff on that link.
And I like his electro tinged stuff.

I bet you've heard the AK47 mix i mentioned tho - definately not Sims style, but that's the best I've heard.

No doubt a very very talented producer, and everything he releases deserves to be released - but that's his benchmark for me.

slavestudios
14-04-2005, 03:58 PM

yes.. we have. my point is that surely its an opinion though. you cant state that he is 'factually' a better producer than anyone else.. cos almost every release you post about how much you dig his work (tice a year lol) where as if i post about the latest Collabs, you'd prob right it off as pish ;)

its jus an opinion that each of us have... and if u rate him fair do's. but not everyone does..

like i said, its a good 12. a very good 12. but i dont think its in the top 1%

THATS my point really...

slavestudios
14-04-2005, 04:00 PM
tbh, i also dont see the buzz over the AK remix..

and UK Gold stuff is awful... never ever liked it.. totally bland tec summat or other..

though i bet a pound to a penny, ever McCormack fan here hates Kivitta & Amok & Co :twisted:

fitipaldi
14-04-2005, 05:12 PM
though i bet a pound to a penny, ever McCormack fan here hates Kivitta & Amok & Co :twisted:

put it this way id take the chris mccormack style of techno over any of that dogshit with the 'song 2' and the other awful samples,not sure which producer is churnin this crap out but it makes me cringe to hear this stuff being labelled as 'techno'.

Frank Dogshit
14-04-2005, 05:14 PM
that last post was by myself btw....clown me. :doh:

Komplex
15-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Was that McCormack who did that "Cracked" track a few years ago?

Great production, the second link is cool too but those bleepy sounds could have been left out or replaced with something less random. I'd love to grab a remix or remake without them.

slavestudios
15-04-2005, 12:09 AM

put it this way id take the chris mccormack style of techno over any of that dogshit with the 'song 2' and the other awful samples,not sure which producer is churnin this crap out but it makes me cringe to hear this stuff being labelled as 'techno'.

ha haaaa... there it is.. see ? 'doghsit'

i say i dont see why McC's trax are so super loved, however you right of an entire sound as 'dogshit' jus cos of a few cheesers..

lol

funny as lol

but seriously, i have a lot of McC stuff. ppl have mentioned Number&Measure & the Void remix.. theres been other remixes & trax that i have loved.. Materials 1 is belter..

but as much as i dig his stuff, i dont see him as being prolific. excellent yes. but not prolific..

maybe if he did churn out a 4 tracker every month ppl would get bored of it.. like they do with everyone else.. :wicked:

and i never rated the production UK Gold stuff. maybe it ws technically ace, but i never liked the sound. never bought or played a single UK Gold track.. i aint saying they are shit. i'm past feeling like that about music. i jus never dug it..

The Overfiend
15-04-2005, 12:20 PM
You M*therF*ckers are crazy.
From a production standpoint.
Chris is ace.
Listen to his patterns, and attention to detail.
I hardly look up to anyone but dang it f*ckers Open your ears!

dirty_bass
15-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Nope, just not my cup of tea.
If I`m gonna judge something on production skills, I tend to look beyond techno these days for a comparison.
As for attention to detail, I don`t care how intricate the hats are, if I don`t like the tune, I don`t like the tune.

The Overfiend
15-04-2005, 06:11 PM
sniffles
well they dont like you either! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dirty_bass
15-04-2005, 06:49 PM
It`s a matter of taste, if we all liked the same thing then it would be shit.

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Man, the A2 is pretty damn cool IMO. I've always like Chris' material though. If you're a fan, you will enjoy this I believe. Some crazy broken beat and mad synth action. ;)

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I even hear some traces of Skinned in there I believe. :rambo:

slavestudios
15-04-2005, 08:20 PM
It`s a matter of taste, if we all liked the same thing then it would be shit.

BINGO

thats it right there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Overfiend
16-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I even hear some traces of Skinned in there I believe. :rambo:
My favorite sample cd ever!

djfurness
17-04-2005, 03:10 PM
amazing ep...that 2nd track tore my head off last week in voodoo...

The Overfiend
17-04-2005, 03:44 PM
That's what I'm saying.

eyes without a face
17-04-2005, 04:12 PM
yeah, seriously that track did some damage at voodoo

278d7e64a374de26f==