PDA

View Full Version : Spunout.

AcidTrash
12-04-2005, 02:41 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/spunout.mp3

BRADLEE
12-04-2005, 05:26 PM
definitely the best I've heard from you ever in my opinion Pete. Maybe it's a personal preferance thing, but quite good. A bit more variation can be used in the stab area's (Maybe a differant noise too since that one has been done to death by Klien and Burkat). However the edits and FX are really nice...and I liked the little break as well. Good job...

audioinjection
12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
dont' know if its my headphones, but not much low end on this track (probably is my headphones :P)

but this track isn't too bad..........but that little reverse edit in there gets quite annoying (IMO)

but overall its cool man

Evil G
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
i have to agree about the reverse edit being used too many times. ditto for the filter sweeps. but once the percussion gets going this track has pretty good energy. i like the metalic pads and the simplicity of the bassline. it gives a nice foundation.

AcidTrash
13-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys. have tidied it up a bit today. Should be more to your liking.

j_s
13-04-2005, 03:04 PM
solid stuff. could do with a bit more variation (edits, fill) in the synth line, just to break it up a bit. the sweeping fx are cool. bass could perhaps have a bit more body, does the job as it is though......

RZ-1
13-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I dig it. I dont' know what you've been listening to lately, but I want to get some.

I'm assuming I heard the edited version with slightly less backward sounds. I think it has a good amount going for it right now.

dirty_bass
13-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, your production is improving.
Not a bad tune this. Although maybe it gets a bit drawn out in places.
The only thing that really gets me about this tune is that it`s filled with the sounds of the 909.
That old ****er is getting on now, it`s about techno people laid it to rest.

Overall the sound could still be a little brighter, and generall I reckon you can spread these sounds out over a wider frequency range.
I reckon you can get more into the top end and lower into the sub, but it may be you`ve over compressed the whole tune.
After the break, I was totally bored of that lead synth. There was no note variety or any change in dynamic to hold my interest. As a lead sound it simply doesn`t do enough to carry the whole tune. I was expecting something really nasty to happen after the break.

AcidTrash
13-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks guys. How about now?

AcidTrash
13-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I dig it. I dont' know what you've been listening to lately, but I want to get some.

Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer. I don't really listen to techno.

xfive
14-04-2005, 12:01 AM
This is neat but I agree with Steve.... the sounds could be fuller, and it could be a lot brighter... sounds like theres a low-pass on the whole track.
Pretty groovy tho.

AcidTrash
14-04-2005, 12:33 AM
turns out it did have a lowpass filter on it. How the hell could you hear that? Have removed it now anyway. Thanks.

AcidTrash
14-04-2005, 05:46 AM
Made this too.... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/chunkatech.mp3

278d7e64a374de26f==