PDA

View Full Version : Lau "unfinished track"

lau
13-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Well... got my ableton running again..... though it still doesnt do what I want it to do.....

Was working on this track when my computer ran out of CPU and I out of ideas.....

So if anyone cares to give some constructive critisism or has some ideas how to finish this... feel free to help me out.. :lol:

I know its kinda linear but think thats the style of the track...... so what should I do with it....?? ( select, drag, garbage bin...?? or is there still hope..?)

tnx

lauw

lau
13-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Whoepsie a LINK (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rutgrrr/YOU%20THE%20PEOPLE-1%20Rendered%20(master).mp3) would be nice.... :doh:

BRADLEE
13-04-2005, 08:54 PM
downloading right now!!!

audioinjection
13-04-2005, 10:44 PM
bangin stuff dude

:rambo:

xfive
14-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Two words... crunchy.... mental... hehe :rambo:

BRADLEE
14-04-2005, 04:57 PM
very nice as usual Lau. :clap:

lau
16-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Ok..

so I made some changes... filled the track up in the midzz a bit...

still think it needs a serious hook..... but just dont seem to find a proper one...

anyways comments welcome..!!!

New link HERE (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rutgrrr/YOU%20THE%20PEOPLE2%20Rendered.mp3)

Apex Beat
16-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes! :rambo:

Loving the highs in this tune, really crisp and clear but decidedly crunchy. I think the 'ripping' sound needs to be brought through more as it dosnt seem to bite through the mix at all. Sounds good in the mixdown though, reminds me of a skeleton chattering his teeth. Anyway nice deep techno, seems good to to me.

nova
17-04-2005, 08:59 PM
yes. nic kick drum on that. booming. good tune

violenski
18-04-2005, 12:56 PM
[quote="Apex Beat"]Yes! :rambo:

Sounds good in the mixdown though, reminds me of a skeleton chattering his teeth.

****ing exellent that is the best discription of a tune i think i have ever heard . you should be proud the tune sounds really nice as well nice breakdowns loads of interesting percussion noises ..nice one¬!"!!!!¬¬¬

Jay Pace
18-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Nice dude, but I think you need to balance it out a bit. The highs and mids are dominating, and I think your kick and lows in general need to be moved forward in the mix.

Make your kick punch through more, and maybe vary the velocities a little, it sounds a little chuggy. A kick like that needs to dominate and drive the track and it gets swallowed up with all the crazy chattering noises. Which are pretty rude incidentally. Nice use of filter sweeps too.
Maybe sidechain your kick to everything to let it cut through?

lau
19-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Nice dude, but I think you need to balance it out a bit. The highs and mids are dominating, and I think your kick and lows in general need to be moved forward in the mix.

Make your kick punch through more, and maybe vary the velocities a little, it sounds a little chuggy. A kick like that needs to dominate and drive the track and it gets swallowed up with all the crazy chattering noises. Which are pretty rude incidentally. Nice use of filter sweeps too.
Maybe sidechain your kick to everything to let it cut through?

Yeah man you are right...

still having some problems with this track... all my mixer levels are at their maximum so I have to take em al down and adjust em again...

the track is a bit chaotic at the moment.. have to try to bring the kick as well as the "skeleton sound" lol ... more in front...

Will take some time.. and since I'm a pretty lazy mixer it will take me some time... :lol:

enniewayz tnx for the feedback :rambo:

j_s
19-04-2005, 02:32 PM
nice. definately needs releveling a bit, but sounds pretty good eq wise. really like the vibe of it. a hook would probably make it a little more memorable, but i'm liking it as it is anyway....

278d7e64a374de26f==