tony adamson

room 2
the council casuals [acruacree]
gaz freeman [throb]
skeleton unit

saturday 14th may 10pm - late
northern light, cross york street, leeds
10pm-5am £12 / £10 guestlist

this one is likely to be a sellout so we're offering a pre paid guest list.
for further info contact us: darkside@basement-trax.co.uk / tel 0113 2753366

Katie
14-04-2005, 11:53 AM
i swear i'm gonna force myself to be hardcore this time and come to this! haha! :lol:

Traxx
14-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Wouldnt mind this one :cool:

neko
15-04-2005, 01:16 AM
i'l have a go out at this one seeing as i missed the last one.
no lightweighting out this time :lol:

Frank Dogshit
15-04-2005, 02:41 PM
definetely on for this....be a sin to miss any lekebusch UK appearences. :rambo:

Tiptoe
15-04-2005, 02:54 PM
yeah i haven't seen him on a flyer for ages. suburban knight though the daddy :love: can't wait

Barely Human
15-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Im gonna try my best to make it to this

Stella Boy
15-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Aye, should be a cracking night. Suburban Knight are performing as a 3 man live act & you know what you're gonna get with Lekebusch so it's looking good :cool:

Martin Dust
15-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Looks like a good one in the making--->

Louk
19-04-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah i reckon im up for this too!

Louk

19-04-2005, 09:12 PM
will defo defo be at this one geezers, no more clowning around !!!

Frank Dogshit
20-04-2005, 12:50 AM

did you get to work on monday yer dirtbag.

20-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Yeah, i couldnt resist spending a full day in Bamber Bridge, there is something about the air up here !

Stella Boy
21-04-2005, 07:49 PM

it'll be nice to see you guys round our gaff again, just keep that bloody camera away from me :lol:

detfella
21-04-2005, 09:54 PM
cari!!! nice, looking forward to this, been doing more hours at work, should have some spare cash this time round!!! :twisted:

ds2
22-04-2005, 08:29 PM
cool detfella.

come say hello, we'll have a gig for you if you can recreate those mixes of yours in a club.

detfella
25-04-2005, 03:35 PM
will do, i'll be poppin into shop to get some new tunes. haven't been in for yonks :cry: almost pay-day so i'll find out how much spare cash i've got. fingers crossed!

you think i could get away with such a cross section, or would u want me to tame it down to fit better?

ds2
27-04-2005, 08:43 PM
unfortunately suburban knight has been double booked and the leeds gig will no longer go ahead. it's a real shame but these things happen and we'll try and re-arrange the gig for later this year.

refunds, for those who want them, will be available after we announce the replacement in the next 48 hours.

Frank Dogshit
27-04-2005, 08:51 PM
unfortunately suburban knight has been double booked and the leeds gig will no longer go ahead. it's a real shame but these things happen and we'll try and re-arrange the gig for later this year.

refunds, for those who want them, will be available after we announce the replacement in the next 48 hours.

gutted. :cry:

lekebusch bein on is still top though.

Col
27-04-2005, 09:02 PM
will do, i'll be poppin into shop to get some new tunes. haven't been in for yonks :cry: almost pay-day so i'll find out how much spare cash i've got. fingers crossed!

i aint being round for ages either. infact i dont think ive bought a record in the last 6 months! the joys of being a jobless twat eh? i seriously need a darkside hit too.

ds2
27-04-2005, 09:14 PM
you think i could get away with such a cross section, or would u want me to tame it down to fit better?

play what you play detfella.
if we wanted something else we'd have asked someone else.

ampassasinbirmingham
27-04-2005, 10:11 PM
oh ****. this is a real shit. well looking foreward to it. i have all faith that the replacment will be top tho. last replacment they had was finke and tboy was that a night i enjoyed.

ds2
28-04-2005, 06:00 PM
suburban knight's new york show has now been rescheduled
which means the live gig for us WILL go ahead.

main room
SUBURBAN KNIGHT - LIVE
CARI LEKEBUSCH
tony adamson

this is 100% confirmed.

if anyone has any doubts then please check the underground resistance website which should be updated soon'ish... www.undergroundresistance.com

sorry for any confusion and big thanks to EPM & the UR crew for sorting this out.

Frank Dogshit
28-04-2005, 06:05 PM
suburban knight's new york show has now been rescheduled
which means the live gig for us WILL go ahead.

main room
SUBURBAN KNIGHT - LIVE
CARI LEKEBUSCH
tony adamson

this is 100% confirmed.

if anyone has any doubts then please check the underground resistance website which should be updated soon'ish... www.undergroundresistance.com

sorry for any confusion and big thanks to EPM & the UR crew for sorting this out.

you minge teasing bastards!! :lol:

ds2
04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
ok, so suburban knight has now cancelled on us preferring to stay in the usa for the new york gig.
not what we needed to hear but we've dug deep and pulled a pretty good replacement out of the bag.

making his first appearance in leeds for about 10 years...
JUAN ATKINS

full line up main room

JUAN ATKINS
CARI LEKEBUSCH
TONY ADAMSON

door price remains the same at £12.
for this month only while the membership is sorted we can offer members prices (£10)
via a paying guest list. to take advantage mail us with details of your group to
darkside@basement-trax.co.uk

Stella Boy
06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Darkside 3 will be up for a couple more days then will be taken down, please feel free to download as the bandwidth has been increased to accomodate.

http://www.darksidemixes.com/darkside-vol-3.mp3

detfella
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
omg nice find!!!!

i hope he plays techno city or clear :shock:

good to see your poster in middle of our display today :cool:

Louk
08-05-2005, 12:29 AM
I would so go to this - anyone going from Birmingham?

Louk

ds2
10-05-2005, 07:40 PM

Louk

ampassassin can you help??

---------------------------------------

this saturday we'll have membership forms in the club for you to take away or to fill out there and then (if you're in any fit state). membership will grant you priority entry every month and at a reduced price starting from june when the world's no.1 returns to leeds.

members will be the first to hear about future line ups including the special summer parties we're planning.

forms will be available from the cloackroom and the bars.

ds2
10-05-2005, 07:46 PM
the new Juan Atkins compilation cd is released in the uk at the end of May but basement trax, leeds will have copies available from wednesday 11th may @ £13.99

signed copies *may* be available on the night if there's any left by then.

steve bicknell - lost #4 remixed (by juan atkins) - cosmic records
now available www.basement-trax.co.uk

Tresor.216CD | Juan Atkins | 20 Years Metroplex: 1985 - 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan Atkins tourdates:
May 14 - Leeds - The Darkside

It is with great pleasure that Tresor Records releases these 23 tracks, which celebrate 20 years of Juan Atkins’ historic label Metroplex. This collection also represents the most extensive retrospective yet of techno music’s most famous innovator. Mr. Atkins personally selected all the tracks on this double CD pack. This anthology follows the release of his first new works on Tresor since 1998: The Berlin Sessions CD & LP (Tresor.215).

Although this collection contains a few pre-Metroplex tracks from his early Cybotron project, the bulk of his important works were crafted in the framework of the Metroplex label, which he founded in 1985. Juan Atkins recorded under several aliases, including his noteworthy Infiniti releases on the Tresor label throughout its history.

Featured here are ground-breaking early works such as “Clear”, “No UFO’s”, “The Chase”, “The Passage” and “Off To Battle” – electronic compositions that will always be counted as foundation blocks for a music/culture style that endures to the present day and on.

Somewhere between Kraftwerk, Funkadelic and Depeche Mode, Juan Atkins delivered a new sound that changed the face of electronic music forever. With this release Tresor salutes the career of techno music’s most worthy benefactor.

„You can hear it in his music: the proximity to the “real” music business (or what’s left of it), the sun, the ocean — it has obviously become an inspiring place (LA) to be for Atkins. But you can never rule out Detroit — one glance at the title or a listen to the vocal hook and you can hear George Clinton beckoning him back. “During the last DEMF, [George] came by my hotel room,” Juan remembers. “I think he wanted to do some music … I need to follow up on that.” (Excerpt biographical booklet: text by Dan Sicko)

Frank Dogshit
10-05-2005, 11:34 PM
couple of mixes to get you kids in the mood for saturday.

recent stream set from lekebusch@sun city 03/05,just right click on the link.

http://www.play.fm/playfm_player.php?action=m3u&file=a0000001048.mp3& s_id=1261

12 years old but that set from Ark,Leeds that paul and tony have been rattling on about.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QGDSIRZBC73T1FZDZGUBWKGYU

ampassasinbirmingham
11-05-2005, 12:42 PM

Louk

ampassassin can you help??

---------------------------------------

this saturday we'll have membership forms in the club for you to take away or to fill out there and then (if you're in any fit state). membership will grant you priority entry every month and at a reduced price starting from june when the world's no.1 returns to leeds.

members will be the first to hear about future line ups including the special summer parties we're planning.

forms will be available from the cloackroom and the bars.

im actually in birmingham, but just got out of hospital with "Gastro en tiritus"? I have been in 5 days of constant pain. not nice.

TechnoLaydee
11-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Gastroenteritis, nice :neutral:

detfella
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
dunno what that is :eh: hope u feel better soon :!:

TechnoLaydee
11-05-2005, 01:03 PM
basically (if its the same thing) your stomach and intestines are inflamed and so makes you chuck up and have diarrohoea!

ds2
11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
****in hell Billy if you're not swimming in shit then you're full of it...
sorry, hope you feel better.

some new bits in shop you may want though..
pvc6 with regis/makaton/olga+jozef,
london v madrid on pp with mavericks/mulero/roku etc...
repress of tanaka's last dbl pack back in stock too. shit hot minimalism.
the newest jaxx gear will be here tomorrow too plus restocks of that shit hot supagrupa spod ep.

ds2
11-05-2005, 03:38 PM
couple of mixes to get you kids in the mood for saturday.

recent stream set from lekebusch@sun city 03/05,just right click on the link.

http://www.play.fm/playfm_player.php?action=m3u&file=a0000001048.mp3& s_id=1261

12 years old but that set from Ark,Leeds that paul and tony have been rattling on about.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QGDSIRZBC73T1FZDZGUBWKGYU

nice one, cheers.
i bet that ark set sounds a bit dodgy now.

Stella Boy
11-05-2005, 07:12 PM
thanks for the links adamson, downloading the atkins mix now

Billy, hope you're feeling better soon mate. I'll get the stuff sent to you as soon as I can locate it, long story and i'll tell you later :doh:

Stella Boy
11-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Anyone know the tune Atkins plays at 9:45 minutes. Serious tune !! :twisted:

ds2
11-05-2005, 09:11 PM
funnily enough it's..

suburban knight - art of stalking

Stella Boy
11-05-2005, 09:18 PM
hahaha - irony at it's best :lol:

any chance of little rumage in your crate then bro ?? ;)

Alright then smart arse - what about the tune at 28 minutes. Get this and I will be impressed :shock:

ds2
11-05-2005, 09:33 PM
i'll swap you for the tune @ 53.30

Stella Boy
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
ok - i'll bring it down for you ;)

herman
12-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Alright then smart arse - what about the tune at 28 minutes. Get this and I will be impressed :shock:

Its the Fuse mix on This (http://www.discogs.com/release/34493) Do i win a prize ?

Tell you what book me for Darkside again and i will play it for ya ;)

ds2
12-05-2005, 12:22 AM
bugger, i knew it was a 3phase mix too but wanted to listen to it tomorrow.

look forward to your return herman, was a real pleasure last time.

Stella Boy
12-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Its the Fuse mix on This (http://www.discogs.com/release/34493) Do i win a prize ?

Tell you what book me for Darkside again and i will play it for ya ;)

Thanks Herman. Can I send you some sound clips of some other stuff aswell or even better, just give me your collection :lol:

Stella Boy
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
anyone who's into their juan "atkins" diet would be silly to miss this very rare opportunity of seeing him in Leeds so get a riggle on because it's gonna be a classic !!

email the link at the top of the thread for guaranteed entry otherwise send a pm to either me or darkside no later than Friday night.

Boboagogo
12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
should def be at this. locked aswell for me so its gonna be a messy one. heard a juan atkins radio show last week aswell, sounded on form..

Stella Boy
15-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks to everyone last night. Cari certainly surprised the hell out of me, not seen him play for a few years and was highly impressive so he'll be back for sure.

As for Juan's no show, i'm sure there's reasons but as yet no one knows where he is so most of all we just hope he's ok. Soon as we know we'll post something up

Hopefully see you next month for the return of our favourite dj !

Also, look out for news this week of an extra party on the 4th june down at northern light

here's some pics from the night http://k2music.net/images4.htm

Traxx
15-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Hopefully see you next month for the return of our favourite dj !

Not the judge? :shock:

On a serious note it looks like a sweet little club that, never been before. Ill have to amend that over the summer.

ds2
17-05-2005, 07:09 PM
cheers to everyone for being so cool about the weekend, it's appreciated and won't be forgotten.

we've heard back from the U.S today and Juan Atkins was taken very ill on saturday while on his was to new york. he's ok now which is the most important thing and we wish him well.

a new party is in the planning stages right now that will make all UR/Atkins fans very very happy indeed. watch this space...

Tiptoe
18-05-2005, 09:07 PM
was a cracking night. tony well banged it out and cari lekebush was excellent. really impressed me. proper loved it as well and such a nice guy too. can't wait for the next one

278d7e64a374de26f==