15-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Well folks here it is...

http://www.squatjuice.org/mp3/acidtrash/planetacidtrash-petenorth.mp3

Knocks the spots off the last one.

Enjoy.

Pete.

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 12:39 AM
downloading Pete. Is this more of the acid goodness???

AcidTrash
15-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Less than last time. There only 1 track that's outright 303 sillyness but the rest is pretty much what you've heard from me in recent weeks. Haven't got a genre name for it. You could call it acid or techno. Whatever sticks. DOn't really mind. I'm pleased with it. I might have a few things to fix but it beats listening to Britney.

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I might have a few things to fix but it beats listening to Britney.

Ha Ha, Amen to that one...LOL :lol:

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Sounds cool to me Pete. I like the changes you made to the first tune as well. Keep it up man. Did you mix this in Ableton???

AcidTrash
16-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Atomix MP3 v2

BRADLEE
18-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Atomix MP3 v2

What the hell is that??? Where can I obtain a copy of this mixing software and it is reliable as well I guess are my questions....

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 03:58 AM
just a cheap ass mp3 mixing programme that has dual output capability on my sound card. It's cheap and nasty inaccurate software but that's the entirety of its charm It doesn't lock into beats quite right so you get some f*cked up mix sounds that accurate software would never really pick up on. Used in conjunction with a DJ mixer it just owns techno.

Theres a new version called virtual DJ which acts better but I love the raw sound of the basic predecessor.

It is the most reliable playback software I ever used.

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 07:09 PM
All Tracks by Pete North (acidtrash)

1 Chunkatech
2 Tek
3 Deathcube
4 Spunout
5 gonenative
6 Crystal Trash
7 Dark
8 Beta Magic
9 Broke
10 Underground City
11 Asiwannit
12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver (Out soon on Blipped Out Records)

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 07:35 PM
12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver

i must ask dude, when u say featuring Alex Calver, do u mean he did the production because i notice it says out soon on a label, and what ive heard of ur stuff ive not heard a track of releasable standard yet, whilst good tracks of course, not an attack this just a genuine enquiry!

downloading the album now

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 07:46 PM
just checked it out, not really my bag at all i must say, but production is getting better, and altho the content is a bit unoriginal the sound is getting there

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 08:47 PM
12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver

i must ask dude, when u say featuring Alex Calver, do u mean he did the production because i notice it says out soon on a label, and what ive heard of ur stuff ive not heard a track of releasable standard yet, whilst good tracks of course, not an attack this just a genuine enquiry!

downloading the album now

I took a bunch of samples to alex with an idea of what I wanted and talked it over with him. we sat with Cubase for a day and made that tune. I needed alexs' insight for fills and different ways of filtering. I say featuring Alex Calver because I do beleive it was a joint effort even though alex was in the captains chair for this. It still reflects the mood and style of a lot of techno I make and I don't think this one is that far removed from what I already do. It will sound better than my usual stuff because Alex has years more experience producing than myself but I'm not entirely inept at production and I beleive my creative input was very much taken to account in the production of the track in question.

I also take credit for this work because I did my homework production wise as you can clearly tell from recent months work and unless I had done that I would not have been able to effectively communicate what I wanted from alex and ended up with something that wasn't close to my intent.

As for the rest of the tracks they reflect all of my recent influences and some older ones and regrardless of their releasability I am very pleased with them and in context of the album I think they work really well. It's a varied album and it works on the dancefloor so to this end it has done its job. It is my second prodution milestone album and I very much look forward to starting the next one because that will be even better. I've never been more excited to be producing because working withg Alex has opened up many new fields of exploration and I feel that my own personal twist of what I've learned will eventually yeild a new distinctive sound. It may not be groundbreakingly original but show me anyone on this forum who is.

nova
19-04-2005, 08:56 PM
wicked. you got a tune coming out on vinyl with alex calver. hear that name so much. i take it the tunes not up on wedsite. whould of liked a listen

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 08:57 PM
easy, i did say it wasnt an attack, just a genuine question.... i must say i dont believe in all the "featuring so and so" that goes on, it more often than not means "i couldnt really b bothered doing it all on my own so i roped someone else in", not that its like that on urs because u have proved ur worth in putting up ur own stuff, im just saying generally thats the case..... and to be honest i dont class Alex as techno at all, its hard dance/hard house

and it doesnt have to be groundbreaking to be forward thinking, i just personally dont think anyone doing this kinda sound is very forward thinking and i dont find any music in this genre fresh, original or forward thinking i must say...

there are a few people on here who are forward thinking, but i must say output wise i havent really heard anything by anyone that breaks the mould so to speak

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Fair enough mate. Just a bit touchy on that score. A lot of sad people will write me off for doing it but Alex is a production influence of mine and when given the opportunity to work with him I wasn't going to say no was I. If you don't collaborate now and then you don't learn nuthin!

As for hard dance you can't expect anything original. IT's a dancefloor formula and it is that way for a very good reason. If you want different to the formula don't listen to dancefloor techno.

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 09:08 PM
wicked. you got a tune coming out on vinyl with alex calver. hear that name so much. i take it the tunes not up on wedsite. whould of liked a listen

It's the last track on the album linked above

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 09:14 PM
to be honest mate thats just the thing, probably no one will write u off for working with Alex because the whole "featuring so and so" thing has been done to death in that respective scene, nearly every release features someone else, or someone else's sisters nan's aunties best mates sister etc etc..... ;)

its fair enough sure but i just feel and respect an artist more for getting things going completely off their own bat and without having to put someone who is already well established on the credits, ive never dug that way of working its a pride thing i think haha

i wasnt expecting anything original either, no offence, but if i check something out with Alex's name on it i tend to know what im gonna get, and its not dancefloor techno, its hard dance for sure.... im not slating it as i know its very popular but its definately not dancefloor techno....

good luck of course

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 09:39 PM
IT goes boomtissboomtissboomtissboomtiss. That's dancefloor techno. As I'm not an enlisted officer of the genre police I wouldn't really know the difference to whatever it is you're on about. Theres nothing wrong with using a producer if you have a clear idea what you want to do any the source samples are mostly of your own making. It's not like I'm lisa Lashes who isn't even there in the studio when her tunes are made for her. Besides, one day I will be doing it solo and then and only then will I take sole credit. As it happens Blipped Out has been wanting some Alex Calver techno for a while and our track just happened to fit the bill. What was I going to say? Don't use it? If you do use it don't put my name on the record? Course not. :doh:

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 09:50 PM
ur far too uptight tonite dude, i just said good luck for gods sake....

"As I'm not an enlisted officer of the genre police I wouldn't really know the difference to whatever it is you're on about" - haha yeah i love that defence mechanism, insecurity breeds contempt as they say, u dont have to be an "enlisted officer of the genre police" to know that dancefloor techno encompasses a huge range of artists, djs, producers, live acts etc and is not just defined to "oh if its boom tish then its dancefloor techno mate!"

if ur definition of dancefloor techno is "boomtishboomtish" then u really arent getting out to the right techno clubs mate honestly, and thats not a personal attack again before u spit the dummy again, its a genuine observation.... dancefloor techno goes beyond boom tish believe it or not and to think otherwise is narrowminded for sure, and again im not saying ur narrowminded, read the post carefully please! .....

i didnt say there was anything wrong with using producers all i said was personally i dont agree with it and if u know ur gonna be doing it on ur own one day then why not just put in the extra effort and go it alone from the start? i am, and many people on here have done so, for anyone to say it cant be done would be silly, no one has, and i hope no one does as that would show a great level of naivety

chill out and dont take it all so personally dude, its genuine question/answer stuff going on right here!

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm takin it a bit personal reading back at it. It's just that I was expecting accusing questions and I had a whole load of prepared defense in my head but if what you want me to say is something along the lines of I can't make a tune of releasable standard entirely on my own and have to enlist the help of an established producer then I can admit to that but that does not in any way invalidate my input in the project and I resent the implication that it does. What I took from the session with alex was a whole load of new ideas which will help me make the music I want to have on vinyl. eventually. Because of this release, when I am ready to release my own stuff people will have a fair idea that when they see my name on a record it will be one worth checking out given that I put my name to this tune with Alex. That is the point of doing it for me.

I do think our definitions differ greatly though. When I think of dancefloor techno I just think of party techno, hard dance being a form of it.

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 10:11 PM
i dont want u to admit that ur stuff isnt releasable, who am i to say it is or isnt? all i said was in my opinion, and until i heard ur 2nd album i must say, i thought it just wasnt there.... of course u can do it on ur own, which is what i think everyone should do... not just u, everyone, its not personal as ive said.....

ive been in sessions with producers, and bands too i must say, i used to sit in sessions at a local top studio and saw many bands/artists recording albums including Noel Gallagher, Gomez, more electronic local artists in the smaller studios so i know the experience these sessions can bring for sure

what im trying to say really is that i believe people shouldnt be releasing until they are able to bring their work up to releasable standard themselves, i think it cheapens an already weakening market and makes it harder for those who have done everything (up until the stages where real help is needed like mastering for vinyl cut, the cut itself etc) to get releases and to get their stuff out there.... as ive said i dont feel this is the case for u as uve proved that ur serious about things, but im fed up of seeing yet more "small name featuring established name with another 3 records out this week" eps knocking about thats all

and yeah our definitions of techno are very different ;)

BRADLEE
19-04-2005, 10:17 PM
man guys, just leave it be...OI....too much reading for me after the third reply to one another. Pete, you're working with Alex, I've heard the tunes and I like what you guys did together. Scott, I'm sure he see's you're opinion. So let's just all make music and get high darnit...ha ha ha

:rambo:

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 10:25 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly. Credit on a record lies not just with the person or people who wrote it but the people who cut it, the people who mastered it and promoted it and distributed it. Any record is a team effort. Look at Skankadelic for example. Leave Geezer to his own devices and he'd churn out more boring RAW loops but because of Mr Burns' approach to techno he has steered to Geezer into making tunes that a vast number of poeple still want to hear. Mr Burns deserves shit loads of credit for bringing the skankadelic label to the scene. IT's a ****in wicked label and it's him that did all the worrying and spent all the money getting it off the ground and his name has just as much right to be on those records as geezer himself.

I see no problem whatsoever in people who are passionate about their brand of techno getting it out there by any means neccessary. Especially when there is so little out there that meets my requirements. Why not get someone who can bring my ideas to life to do it? Collaborations are healthy for the scene and it's a great way for lesser known talent to get their foot on the ladder. It's only a problem when wankers like Lisa f*kin lashes who have no intent of writing there own tunes ever employ producers solely for their own selfish self agrandisement purposes. This release for me is nothing to do with boosting my ego or my DJ persona to any great extent. just my want/need to put some good music out there and also promote the producers I think deserve more credit than they get regardless of how well established they are.

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 10:25 PM
its not a disagreement here Brad, people should be allowed to have these discussions without being told to leave it, there's no animosity here, just 2 people having a good debate about their views on a certain aspect of music, its lovely infact! More of it i say, ive learnt more about Pete and what he's about in these past few posts then i have in months haha

its not a personal thing as he knows, so its cool....

as for making music, bring it on haha, just wish i didnt have to use the headphones tonite damn it! ;)

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Debate is healthy and I wish there were more on BOA because without conflict there is no intrigue. This view on collaborations is something I hear a lot and it's usually out of some twisted motivation. I get really f*ckin narked when hard working lesser known DJ's get slated because they choose to work with another producer and educate themselves. I just don't think it's fair to discount the chemistry producers have when they get together. Alex works with loads of othe r people and they often steer him into making commercial hard house. Thats not what I'm about and Alex isn't that keen on it either and so this release is our statement to the world saying what we think techno should be doing. Right or wrong, it's out there and you can't argue with that.

BRADLEE
19-04-2005, 10:35 PM
its not a disagreement here Brad, people should be allowed to have these discussions without being told to leave it

Man I really wasn't telling you guys what to do Scott. As far as I am concerned, you can talk to one another until you both turn blue. :lol:

I was just saying it would be better to discuss over a joint while working on a tune ;)

But by all means....don't let my suggestions hinder your conversation.

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Brad, a lot of people share this view and it's something well worth getting out in the open to dispell some of the myths about collaborative works. Sure a lot of talenless arses get their names on records but I don't consider myself to be one of them and I'm in it because I love techno not because I need my ego massaged. Thats what girlfriends are for. ;) :lol:

xfive
19-04-2005, 10:40 PM
You have a girlfriend?
:shock:

j/k :lol:

BRADLEE
19-04-2005, 10:41 PM
You have a girlfriend?

:lol:

FECKING KRIS..... :lol:

xfive
19-04-2005, 10:43 PM
You have a girlfriend?

FECKING KRIS..... :lol:

Hey I don't..... :)

I'm not worried about it hehe

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 10:47 PM
haha its all getting a bit silly i must say, Pete chill man we have totally different views on what makes a worthy producer obviously and ive got way too much stuff to be getting on with than to pick out each detail, u have ur reasons for working with Alex, thats cool, i dont agree with them, thats cool too, seriously u need to learn to take criticism as well as any praise because in techno, or music in general il even say, there will always be more people dissing the stuff than praising it, there is always that few people who will just piss on ur stuff and they wont go away, so take the rough with the smooth man jesus...... i never once said u were doing this to look good, to get bookings, to get more label interest, to be able to say ive done a record with alex calver, to say say ive drank tea with alex calvers mum etc etc so dont take it as so, u know what i mean!!!

i did actually say, a couple of times throughout my posts, that i didnt think this was the case with u!!! did i not? did.... iii..... not??? yeah i did, so come on easy mate.... i know full well what goes into a record and im dealing with all that sort of stuff at the moment, i didnt say it was a solo effort? but the producer is at the heart of it, without them there wud be no music for the cutting engineer to cut, or for the artwork company to design a logo for, or the guy in the music shop to sell gear too etc etc so i know what goes into a record for sure....

come on chill out people, theres a new pope :rambo:

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Fair enough mate. I think it was just a debate I've been dying to have with a n opposing view and am very pleased it was you. Matters not at the end of the day. As MArk EG says... "foooook em, do what you do. that's techno man. "

Thank you for the engaging discusison and your expressions of encouragement are noted and appreciated. :lol:

BRADLEE
19-04-2005, 11:16 PM
I see dead people.... :eh:

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I Love horses?

audioinjection
19-04-2005, 11:28 PM
:neutral:

BRADLEE
19-04-2005, 11:28 PM

xfive
19-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I Love horses?
Is the horse the pitcher or catcher?

:wtf:

AcidTrash
19-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Umpire

xfive
19-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Umpire

:hmm:

Not sure if that's better or worse...

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 11:37 PM
anyone see Phil Mitchell ripping it up bigtime on eastenders tonite then.... ****in badass!!

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 12:03 AM
It's the treeeeeees I tell you.

BRADLEE
20-04-2005, 12:15 AM
It's the treeeeeees I tell you.

I say we cut them down and smoke them :lol:

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm not going near those f*ckers. They violent tw*ts if you piss them off.

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 12:29 AM
dancefloor techno goes beyond boom tish believe it or not .

I`d like to hear proof of this.
It`s all about the boom tish.

fresh_an_funky_design
20-04-2005, 12:37 AM
had a quick listen to your album, definete improvement on a lot of your other stuff i've listened to. quite liked some of the tune's.

In terms of writing tune's with someone else, i think if your an up'n'coming producer its really usefull. I made a tune the other day with a friend its not gonna be released or anything like that but i learnt a hell of lot. For people like myself who haven't been producing long and arn't 100% sure of what there doing its really usefull.

All though i gotta say i do disagree with people putting out tune's with well known producers if they themselve's could not produce a tune to a releasable standard.

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 12:47 AM
If I had some money, I'd put it where my mouth is on the whole releasable standard gamble. I think some of my tunes rock more than a lot of dross thats on vinyl already.

Thinking about it I only know of a handful of producers who make music to this mythical releasable standard and that's great if you're a DJ who only ever wants to play what they can mix comfortably into whats been around for years and keep hammering out the same few artists but I'd gladly take a drop in overall sound quality for a more varied pallette of music because once it's on vinyl you can make any record come alive if you mix it with the right acompanying record.

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Techno as whole has a pretty low production standard in comparison with other music.

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Techno as whole has a pretty low production standard in comparison with other music.

Great isn't it?

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 01:38 AM
No, not really.
Although I applaud DIY culture, standards do need to be met.
Not that this has anything to do with your music Pete, I`m just rambling really.

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 01:52 AM
I love it. if ya want spot on production listen to Britney spears.

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 02:20 AM
I love it. if ya want spot on production listen to Britney spears.
Or in fact any other good music.
Modern classical
Hip hop
trip hop
IDM
Industrial
Metal
House, to a certian extent
whatever.

nova
20-04-2005, 10:02 AM
its stomping man. id buy that. i think its great go and see how its all done at that standerd and put your say into wot happens. ive only ever used my kit. and had to start from scratch. which i would of thout you hav aswell. wot im saying is it must be so helpful to get in there with um and mak music. i kno it whould be for me. could be a distgusion on every angle of producing. somes gonna think good somes not. some say fruity some logic. i like or "should i say im realy filling it" loads of the tunes on there. and the tune with alex c. well done. you might hav to pm me and let me kno when its out on vinyl haha.

can download better music off these websites then can buy in the cd shops.

im no one so my veiw dont me shit. but there you all go

Jay Pace
20-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Disagree.

If standards always had to be met we would lack some of the most innovative music produced in the last two decades.

Production quality hasn't always played first fiddle to creative content.

It would be really sad if new music didn't break through anymore simply because production standards got so high that it wasn't worth amateurs even trying...

IMO some of the best stuff was early detroit - analogue instruments and fearless invention.

Over production is stifling and putting people off.

Put the fun back in music!

TechMouse
20-04-2005, 05:12 PM
I think I see what you're saying, but I kind of disagree.

I'm sure this has been gone over before, but I think that in Techno the lines between composition and production / engineering blur.

I've had a few Breaks tracks released over the last year or so, and Breaks production is a piece of piss comparitively. You get your drums, you get your bassline, you get your other bits and bobs, you compress everything to make it sound phat. Past that, it's all just melody etc. Edits and effects add interest, but if your bassline has enough of a hook it'll get people dancing.

You can even pretty much get away with just using presents. Have a listen to "Invincible Bass" by the Drummatic Twins, then listen to the drum'n'bass preset on FM7 and you'll see what I mean... and that tune was pretty much the biggest Breaks tune around the time it came out...

Techno on the other hand relies on you to get seriously inventive with the sounds you make, and the processing you apply. Otherwise it genuinely is "just a load of bleeps and bangs, repeated over & over", and you may as well not bother or else get lost in a sea of rather boring sub-par loop Techno.

TechMouse
20-04-2005, 05:13 PM
P.S. I'm liking this a lot Pete. Any chance of a CD-R?

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 05:56 PM

Disagree.

If standards always had to be met we would lack some of the most innovative music produced in the last two decades.

Production quality hasn't always played first fiddle to creative content.

It would be really sad if new music didn't break through anymore simply because production standards got so high that it wasn't worth amateurs even trying...

IMO some of the best stuff was early detroit - analogue instruments and fearless invention.

Over production is stifling and putting people off.

Put the fun back in music!

Not at all. Talent will always shine through, and new music will always break through.

But people just aren`t patient and won`t wait until they are good enough.

Hence zillions of pressings of badly produced poo ojn the market.

If you do a good tune, but can`t get it to a decent standard, then like Acidtrash did, go and get it engineered properly.

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Totally.

AcidTrash
20-04-2005, 08:35 PM
P.S. I'm liking this a lot Pete. Any chance of a CD-R?

By all means. PM me an address.

fatcollective
20-04-2005, 10:47 PM
well done pete, i've had another listen to this after when you showed me on the weekend, i really like it man...really clubby....good work mate...keeep at it cause it just keeps getting better and better :clap:

steve zoid

audioinjection
21-04-2005, 07:34 PM
so this is a mix of all your own tracks?

not a bad set, some cool jams in there

the last tune is phat though :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==