View Full Version : Apex Beat - Epileptic Drummer

Apex Beat
15-04-2005, 02:30 PM
http://junkies.splask.co.uk/Apex%20Beat%20-%20Epileptic%20Drummer.mp3

Pretty much finished. Tell me what you think! Cheers x

TechMouse
15-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I like this.

I might try and tidy the middle up a bit, as sometimes I think it gets a bit full and muddled, but it's a very minor gripe. You might want to try either removing, or filtering / EQing stuff etc. to try and reduce it's presence in the track. Give it more of a sense of focus.

The ending is a little abrupt.

Good work.

eyes without a face
15-04-2005, 06:20 PM
not bad, too many edits tho, found it a bit hard to get into properly, needs more eq work too make everything sound a bit more gelled tho but yeah a good track

Apex Beat
15-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Nice one, I'll try it out.

Yeah and I often find its a fine line between keeping a groove and drifting into repetative loops! I'll try and balance it out more. Cheers for listening.

eyes without a face
15-04-2005, 06:53 PM
try other changes around the groove to keep it interesting instead of changes to the loop, bass notes, synth lines etc

but good work definately dude :)

BRADLEE
15-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I think it sounds much better now. I believe I heard the first version and this is pretty cool. Keep it up man, and good things will come in time :clap:

lau
16-04-2005, 06:09 PM
jupzz like eyes said it has to many edits...

the beat constantly changes.... I liked the one from 1:35 till about 1:42 lol but thats only 7 secs... :eh: cant do much with that... but if worked out properly that could be a nice track..
( at least a track that I would like :lol: I'm sure other people have other parts they like.. :lol:)

Production wise it sounds pretty ok though I would work a bit more on your sounds make em sound less cheap..

violenski
18-04-2005, 12:48 PM
i like the way you have used the percussion and delays to create nice rythems. very choppy witha nice low end maybe beefing up the hiats with some other rythems (polys) but nice "!¬¬¬ :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==