PDA

View Full Version : important bass question

MALD0R0R
16-04-2005, 06:50 AM
is anyone synthesizing their own bass drums? im trying to synthesize all of my percussion sounds but im not sure which frequency is ideal for the bd tone. i heard 60, some say 50... what do you think?

also, i listened to alot of grime tracks and it's insane how they get their bass deep and powerful on my average speakers (go to rephlex.com and downlaod the first mix). its probably the best bass ive ever heard. can anyone point out which frequencies they boost to get such a result? fascinating how these mixes have almost no bass when i listen to them on mackies 824, but sound huge with my stupid speakers with the lows boosted on the amp.

also, do i hear reverb on the bass?????????

loopdon
16-04-2005, 07:26 AM
waves maxxbass, perhaps?

Basil Rush
16-04-2005, 12:25 PM
is anyone synthesizing their own bass drums? im trying to synthesize all of my percussion sounds but im not sure which frequency is ideal for the bd tone. i heard 60, some say 50... what do you think?

I made a synth that does it in reaktor, it's not perfect and there's still a problem I think with getting enough energy into the sound for certain types of kick. But if you have reaktor then it's on ftp://80.176.210.21/pub/

It's getting there. If you can improve it let me know.

MALD0R0R
16-04-2005, 07:43 PM
yea i figured it might be some kind of plugin...

i thought maxbass was just a psychoacoustic thing that add higher harmonics to bass sounds so that you can hear them on shitty speakers, but here im talking about feeling the actual bass, really low.

can maxbass actually produce low frequencies that add to your sound?? please explain how !

nova
16-04-2005, 07:51 PM
sounds like you want a sub

RDR
17-04-2005, 10:35 AM
The programs and synths that i have used are in no particular order. Drumsynth, Maelstrom synth in reason, Nord Rack 2, K-station. The Maelstrum sounded the best and was the easiest to use.

the main thing ya need for kick drum creation is a downwards sweeping modulation, amount for mod and a sine wave.

Basil Rush
19-04-2005, 10:40 PM
yea i figured it might be some kind of plugin...

i thought maxbass was just a psychoacoustic thing that add higher harmonics to bass sounds so that you can hear them on shitty speakers, but here im talking about feeling the actual bass, really low.

can maxbass actually produce low frequencies that add to your sound?? please explain how !

MaxBass happily synthesises extra low bass too if you want it to, try the Dies Bassum preset.

278d7e64a374de26f==