PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Gathering Warehouse party!

Zudo
29-05-2003, 01:39 AM
To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Tribal Gathering we are taking you to mental party, in a secret Manchester warehouse.

TRIBAL GATHERING The Warehouse Party

Saturday 23rd August 2pm - 6am

A Guy Called Gerald (LIVE)/Deep Dish/Derrick Carter/ DJ Marky & MC Stamina/DJ Sneak/DJ Yoda/Greg Vickers/Gilles Peterson/Groove Armada (DJ set)/Jeff Mills/Krafty Kuts/Krysko/Laurent Garnier/Photek presents Do or Die/Scratch Perverts/The Rapture(LIVE)/+ many more artists to be announced

This is not a festival

On Saturday August 23rd, thousands of smiling faces will take over two huge warehouse rooms in Manchester. These will become the backdrop for the most immense party you've ever seen.

Back in 1988-1989, Warehouse Parties ruled. Motorways across the nation were filled with crazy people asking the question 'Where's the Acid House Party?' The sense of adventure and mystery, of not knowing where you were going and meeting up in a convoy of thousands was half the enjoyment. This innocent culture did not last too long. Laws were introduced to combat these social radicals. The dancing went back to the clubs. The legacy that Warehouse parties started back in 1988-1989 became a multi-million pound dance music industry, but much of the original soul seems lost now.

Tribal Gathering, the only legacy left of the Acid House years, celebrates its 10t Anniversary and bucks the trend again, producing an event onlt seen before in those early years. For one day only over the August Bank Holiday the dance music masses will descend upon Manchester to find a secret location. Two dirty interconnecting warehouses where a brand new Funktion 1 sound system will arrive on six 40ft articulated lorries (just like back in the day).

This event is about quality not quantity - up to twenty of dance music's most exciting names will step up to host this special event. As with last year's immense Tribal Gathering Weekender, all artistes will be playing longer extended sets designed to take you on a real musical journey. Even the original organisers of those acid house parties have been found, helping us make sure that these Tribal Warehouses really do transport you back to the raging atmosphere of those first historic excursions into dance.

Two weeks afterwards those monster constructions are to be demolished to make way for a new development, but for that one day Manchester will rumble and stomp to the noise of a huge family of Tribalists, each helping to push the boundaries a bit further. Tribal wants you to polish your rave boots and get your friends together. Climb in your car and follow the signs to Madchester.

Price £27* + booking fee
2 dirty interconnecting warehouses
16 hours of acid house madness
Info/0161 661 9668/www.tribalgathering.co.uk/warehouse
Tickets/0161 832 1111/www.ticketline.co.uk

*Before July 1st
Subject to license

Esox Lucius
29-05-2003, 10:47 AM
i`m going to this, LFO & francois k have just been added to the line up aswell.

LFO LIVE!!!!!! :shock: :D

eyes without a face
29-05-2003, 09:48 PM
wot an awfully "acid house" lineup hey! this is an awful idea, wots the point in trying so hard to recreate a time and atmosphere that was lost long ago. the original acid house vibe cant b re-created, hence its appeal and legendary status. a terrible attempt at prying people away from the last big party of the summer, creamfields.

the lineup is poor imo, fair enough Francois K has been added, and one half of the old LFO (its Mark Bell on his own now). Jeff Mills, fair enough good dj, the rest of the lineup is terrible imo. certainly not gonna get me going to this one

schlongfingers
29-05-2003, 10:18 PM
wot an awfully "acid house" lineup hey! this is an awful idea, wots the point in trying so hard to recreate a time and atmosphere that was lost long ago. the original acid house vibe cant b re-created, hence its appeal and legendary status. a terrible attempt at prying people away from the last big party of the summer, creamfields.

the lineup is poor imo, fair enough Francois K has been added, and one half of the old LFO (its Mark Bell on his own now). Jeff Mills, fair enough good dj, the rest of the lineup is terrible imo. certainly not gonna get me going to this one

Hmmm, pretensions of being an original Acid House do aside,

A Guy Called Gerald (LIVE)
Derrick Carter
DJ Sneak
DJ Yoda
Krafty Kuts
Laurent Garnier

Are all wicked, imo it's a far far FAR better lineup than Creamfields

Armin Van Buuren, Dave Clarke, Jon Carter, Judge Jules, Massive Attack, Nick Warren, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Pete Tong, Sasha, Tall Paul, Tiesto

This warehouse do looks like a good party to me, think I'm going to go to this one to be honest, despite the crappy sales blurb.

Unless there's a big free do on, which I guess is quite likely that weekend :twisted:

eyes without a face
29-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Derrick Carter
DJ Sneak
DJ Yoda
Krafty Kuts

this sorta thing aint my idea of fun at all. infact, imo i think they are shit.

if its an acid house party, where are the original acid house djs, mike pickering, Graeme Park, Sasha himself???!!!! where is ADAMSKI FOR ****S SAKE!!!

and the full creamfields lineup isnt out yet, they are only the big commercial names, the bugged out tent will have some decent enough acts on thats for sure.

schlongfingers
29-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Derrick Carter
DJ Sneak
DJ Yoda
Krafty Kuts

Each to their own, I disagree

where is ADAMSKI FOR **** SAKE!!!

Barcelona, I think

schlongfingers
29-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Derrick Carter
DJ Sneak
DJ Yoda
Krafty Kuts

Each to their own, I disagree, but could I ask if you've actually heard any of them play?

where is ADAMSKI FOR **** SAKE!!!

Barcelona, I think

Esox Lucius
30-05-2003, 09:42 AM
right for a start derrick carter & sneak are 2 excellent house dj`s

dj yoda - scott how you can say he is shit is beyond me!?!?! ... he is a proper turntablist, this will be brilliant.

krafty kuts, fair enough i`m not a big fan either.

and come on garnier while i`m not his biggest fan it will still be good, he is one of the most diverse dj`s in the scene.

let`s face it if sasha was on, there`s no doubt he would play a dull prog set and send everyone asleep.

i`m going to it for a mate`s birthday as he doesn`t want to go to scallyfields this year, i reckon it will be twice as good as creamfields.

Zudo
30-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Francois K is not on the bill - we asked him but he was unavailable - don't know where that came from. LFO are on the bill

Esox Lucius
30-05-2003, 03:20 PM
it was posted on the tribal sessions forum that he was on, or it might have been at the weekender?

Zudo
30-05-2003, 05:58 PM
weekender not the warehouse

Zudo
17-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Universe promoter and Tribal Gathering founder, Paul Shurey will return to the organisation to co-produce Tribal’s 10th Anniversary Warehouse Party, Saturday August 23, it has been announced.

Shurey and partner Ian Jenkinson began staging Tribal events in 1993; they joined up with big boys Mean Fiddler in 1997 to put on the mother of all festivals. Following the event, the two sides fell out, a legal squabble began over the rights to the Tribal Gathering name and the festival did not return to the following year.

Disillusioned, Shurey took a sabbatical in Mexico where he began organising beach parties, but now back in the UK, plans to stamp his mark on the anniversary event. He will work with Tribal Gathering’s David Vincent and his team to revive the back to basics acid house vibe at the Manchester party on August Bank Holiday weekend. He says, “Having seen the venue for the Warehouse party all I can say is I'm blown away. It is without doubt one of the most amazing venues I have ever seen and even empty evokes the spirit of the early days of Acciiied House!”

TRIBAL GATHERING 10TH ANNIVERSARY – Saturday August 23

A GUY CALLED GERALD - LIVE
DEEP DISH
DERRICK CARTER
DJ SNEAK
DJ YODA
DJ MARKY + MC STAMINA
GILLES PETERSON
GREG VICKERS
GROOVE ARMADA (DJ Set)
JEFF MILLS
KRAFTY KUTS
KRYSKO
LAURENT GARNIER
LFO - LIVE
PHOTEK FEATURING DO OR DIE
SCRATCH PERVERTS
THE RAPTURE * LIVE
+ more artists to be announced

2pm – 6am
£27 + bf (Price to increase after July 1)
Info: 0161 661 9668
Tickets: 0161 832 1111

www.tribalgathering.co.uk
www.ticketline.co.uk

Zudo
30-06-2003, 11:38 AM
TRIBAL GATHERING WAREHOUSE PARTY, Manchester - Saturday August 23

STARSHIP UNIVERSE
14.00 - 16.30 Krysko
16.30 - 21.00 Deep Dish
21.00 - 22.45 THE RACKPACK feat. Greg Vickers, Krysko, VJ Jools, Ketaman
22.45 - 02.15 GROOVE ARMADA WAREHOUSE SPECIAL feat MC MAD and Patrick Bongo Jesus
02.15 - 03.00 LFO LIVE
03.00 - 06.00 Jeff Mills

ARE YOU TRIBAL? ARENA
16.00 - 18.00 Greg Vickers
18.00 - 00.30 Derrick Carter vs DJ Sneak (6 Decks, 4 CDJs)
00.30 - 01.00 A Guy Called Gerald LIVE
01.00 - 06.00 Laurent Garnier (Acid House Set)

SOAP BAR - Hosted by Chibuku Shake Shake
15.00 - 16.00 Phil Charnock
16.00 - 17.00 Bucky
17.00 - 19.00 DJ Yoda
19.00 - 21.00 Gilles Peterson
21.00 - 22.00 Luke Carr
22.00 - 23.00 Iain Taylor (Airtight)
23.00 - 23.40 The Rapture LIVE
23.40 - 01.30 Krafty Kuts
01.30 - 03.15 Scratch Perverts
03.15 - 04.00 PHOTEK Presents Do or Die feat. Choc Ty & Chiara
04.00 - 05.30 DJ Marky

2pm – 6am
£27 + bf (Price to increase after July 1 by £2)
Info: 0161 661 9668
Tickets: 0161 832 1111

278d7e64a374de26f==