PDA

View Full Version : TECHNO - i'm giving it up..

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 11:33 AM
for many years, ive loved it..

but now i quit..

i'll not bore ya with reasons, suffice to say a huge thank you to all the punters, players, djs, promoters, dealers, riggers, doormen, printers..

cheers everyone. for everything.. :clap:

pete (doanldson)

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 11:41 AM
btw, anyone who knows me..

everything is for sale...

ahlf the studio is gone & the dex are sold, but huge whoppin bundles of vinyl for sale over the next few months..

loopdon
16-04-2005, 12:08 PM
i guess you'll have your reasons :cry:

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 12:33 PM
ive been very very very lucky in what i have acheived in the last 8 or 9 years, so i'm happy enuff :lol:

take care all & good luck in whatever ya choose to do..

pete

Sunil
16-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Don't be too hasty Pete, maybe you just need to get out of Belfast or need a holiday?

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 12:43 PM
no sunil. its over. dex are going this afternoon.. and the vinyl will be gettin listed & sold over the next month..

i'm out man. ive had a good run, met a lot of solid ppl, had some killer gigs & got to do things a lot of ppl only dream off..

so i'm gonna do the decent thing & bow out now before i turn into a really sad bitter old tosser who jus sits bitchin about DC & how it used to be 'back in the day when all we had was turntables... bloody laptops' :lol:

The Overfiend
16-04-2005, 12:47 PM
April Fools Day Passed Pete.

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 12:54 PM
this aint no joke.. i'm out.

Boboagogo
16-04-2005, 01:09 PM
:shock: pete d giving up the techno?? never thought id see the day. was thinkin things were gonna change after the breezeblock thingy but maybe not. if your serious then its sad cus youve def had a big influence on me and gave many young djs a chance at your nights, including giving me my first gig. for that im grateful and im sure well all miss your rants :lol:

gd luck wif whatever ye do..

Gary

FUSION
16-04-2005, 02:11 PM
mate, you would get on sooooooooo well with my evil sidekick ed (the rant point made in the previous post defo), if your anything like him you will change your mind before the dex, tunes etc are sold, but if youve made your mind up, fair enuff,,,,, whats next? papers on a sunday morning roast dinners and warm fires ;)

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 02:17 PM
its too late now lol

jus that time.. been well good. i think i have helped (maybe even inpsired) some guys round the city & ran some great parties & played some ace sets..

ive applied for a media course in broadcasting engineering. really lookin forward to that..

dirty_bass
16-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Don`t give up. Fight and adapt.

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 02:47 PM
its not giving up. its kinda realising it aint workin & deciding to do summat else..

this isnt a tantrum lol

massplanck
16-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Good luck with that course Pete.

Frank Dogshit
16-04-2005, 03:20 PM
pete donaldson....the ultimate techno snob! ;)

who the hells gonna send me 5 hours of banging ****in **** off techno now then?

hope all goes well in what you pursue pete, :rambo:

FUSION
16-04-2005, 03:55 PM
A 5 HOUR MIX??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: did you do that all in one????? I just did a 2 hour one and despite the fact its well banging it was hard for me to hold my attension too it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, focus daniel son foooocus :lol:

Zektor
16-04-2005, 04:00 PM
how old are you, pete...?

Stella Boy
16-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Shame to hear you calling it a day Pete, especially as I never received your mix through the post :cry: Was looking forward to hearing it aswell

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 04:16 PM
zektor, hitting 32..

stella boy, ive got some discs here.. pm your address ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
16-04-2005, 04:56 PM
good luck

messyfuture
16-04-2005, 05:35 PM
sorry to hear this man :cry:

good luck with your course

eyes without a face
16-04-2005, 06:26 PM
good luck with whatever u intend to do but an announcment is a bit dramatic without giving the reasons why, but obviously if its personal then no hassles, just odd i find... of course as i said good luck in the course man and its a shame uve decided to knock things on the head, as it is when anyone makes a move like this really.... well unless its someone like Fergie haha

slavestudios
16-04-2005, 07:23 PM
good luck with whatever u intend to do but an announcment is a bit dramatic without giving the reasons why, but obviously if its personal then no hassles, just odd i find... of course as i said good luck in the course man and its a shame uve decided to knock things on the head, as it is when anyone makes a move like this really.... well unless its someone like Fergie haha

cheers for that..

jus wanted to say bye & thanx to a few peeps

dirty_bass
16-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Well good luck man.
What course are you doing?

miss bass
16-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Good luck, i dont know you personally but its a shame to hear of that but if you are moving on to things that appeal to more so now then go for it and good luck. :rambo:

I guess you must be upset with selling your kit :neutral:

Daire
16-04-2005, 11:17 PM
This will be a very positive thing in the long run. We can sometimes get so engulfed with certain things we loose perspective. Good look with whatever you choose to do in the future, your contribution was valued.

:clap:

Dáire

Fordy
17-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Good luck in whatever u do, dont know who you are tbh but im pissed as fcuk anyways so heres to your future in whatver you choose to do :)

Fordy
17-04-2005, 02:08 AM
fairy fu*king knob goggles i wish it wouldnt change it to that it sounds as anal as a julian clary underwear party

Sunil
17-04-2005, 02:48 AM
There's one thing that really stinks about Belfast...
The main place for techno (Shine) don't have their finger on the pulse, and rarely reward their local talent properly.

The first night night I played at in Belfast was run by a guy called Colin Shields, who at the time was an outstanding DJ. The second person I played for was Pete, and again.. absolutely wicked DJ. Neither of these guys have been asked to play at Shine to the best of my knowledge, despite being in my opinion, the two strongest techno DJs in their field in Belfast. It's a joke.

Anyway, good luck Pete... do remember, you have a following here and there's always gigs for you down south if you want 'em.

dirty_bass
17-04-2005, 03:18 AM
hmm, sounds like typical city party politics.

killarava2day
17-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Party politics suck. In fact I find it even worse when it's techno nights / crews competing against each other. Instead of working together to get more nights out there / exposure for music, you end up bagging each others organisation, djs, type of music played, your crew not attending anothers crew night, etc. and then it falls in a big heap and nothins happens.

Certainly though, all this negetive talk bout techno and technology has gotten me slightly disillusioned to say the least. I mean, I'm so passionate about the music, everything about techno really, but I hate reading that I'm backing the wrong horse, and I hate questioning myself as to whether I'm doing the right thing i.e wasteing money on records, not buying a house and paying back a mortgage sort of thing.

Although I can't see myself changing overnight, I've been into this for too long to give it the arse.

Internal Error Records
17-04-2005, 06:40 AM
I mean, I'm so passionate about the music, everything about techno really, but I hate reading that I'm backing the wrong horse, and I hate questioning myself as to whether I'm doing the right thing i.e wasteing money on records, not buying a house and paying back a mortgage sort of thing.

there is alot of brainiacs on this forum no doubt. but rest easy. this place is more flamable than napalm poured down a poofta's pants.

no one here can predict the future. even those who obcess the future are no more acurate. (the only true knowldege is knowing you know nothing)

stick to your guns, stick to what YOU love, and thats all that matters.

the level of 'group think' this forum displays is often heartening. the fact is, even 'free thinking' techno heads can become human cattle when they fight the same verbal battles over and over and over again.

if there was a 72 hour ceasefire declaired on the moronic digital vs 1200 debate. than this forum would have a breather and hopefully move on to an actual techno topic.

but alas, peoples obcession with free speech will probably prevent a ceasefire.

andy james
17-04-2005, 06:42 AM
are you also giving up listening to techno :doh: ???

sad to see anyone so involved in the music give it up......personally i don't know what i would do if techno wasn't in my life!

good luck on your journey mate :clap:

borisXHL
17-04-2005, 09:22 AM
i think that guy finally realized that techno stinks and hiphop rules the universe :P

dirty_bass
17-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Party politics suck. In fact I find it even worse when it's techno nights / crews competing against each other. Instead of working together to get more nights out there / exposure for music, you end up bagging each others organisation, djs, type of music played, your crew not attending anothers crew night, etc. and then it falls in a big heap and nothins happens.

Certainly though, all this negetive talk bout techno and technology has gotten me slightly disillusioned to say the least. I mean, I'm so passionate about the music, everything about techno really, but I hate reading that I'm backing the wrong horse, and I hate questioning myself as to whether I'm doing the right thing i.e wasteing money on records, not buying a house and paying back a mortgage sort of thing.

Although I can't see myself changing overnight, I've been into this for too long to give it the arse.

I don`t think the talk is negative. It`s just kind of talking about how things are at the moment.
The idea of discussing the nagtive things about techno, is to work out how we can improve them, and defeat them.
Burying our collective heads in the sand is not the solution.
The good thing is that techno is full of inventive and intelligent people, so I`m sure that things can be dealt with.

Mirsha
17-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I hope you're not distancing yourself from techno completely, fair enough you must have good reasons for wanting to sell off your kit and stuff but I hope you'll stilll be listening to it, shambling about clubs in a drunken torpor and still posting your opinions here and having a good rant when you feel the need to get something off your chest.

Makes me feel really bitter that I didn't make it out to the JakN you played at last year now as I'll never get a chance to hear your music where it sould be heard, thumping out the speakers are a hundred miles an hour.

When one warrior falls another will rise and take his place.

Craig McW
18-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Same story the world over. Where I'm from the best DJs don't get gigs at the big shows... only those who sell enough industry tickets and do flyer drops.

When you run your own thing, it's smaller due to cash flow.... and invariably less successful cos there's no money for promo.

It's hard. Really hard.

So I can understand giving it up. It's a shame, but good luck in your future endeavours.

There's one thing that really stinks about Belfast...
The main place for techno (Shine) don't have their finger on the pulse, and rarely reward their local talent properly.

The first night night I played at in Belfast was run by a guy called Colin Shields, who at the time was an outstanding DJ. The second person I played for was Pete, and again.. absolutely wicked DJ. Neither of these guys have been asked to play at Shine to the best of my knowledge, despite being in my opinion, the two strongest techno DJs in their field in Belfast. It's a joke.

Anyway, good luck Pete... do remember, you have a following here and there's always gigs for you down south if you want 'em.

jon connor
18-04-2005, 03:26 PM
no sunil. its over. dex are going this afternoon.. and the vinyl will be gettin listed & sold over the next month..

i'm out man. ive had a good run, met a lot of solid ppl, had some killer gigs & got to do things a lot of ppl only dream off..

so i'm gonna do the decent thing & bow out now before i turn into a really sad bitter old tosser who jus sits bitchin about DC & how it used to be 'back in the day when all we had was turntables... bloody laptops' :lol:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

man wots the score dude ive been in the situation b4 dont give it up man its easy to see you speak from the heart ,and we need people like you in the techno scene today, f.u.c.k the tumble weeds and people who are small minded ive learnt to rise above them + mabey you can do the same ,get out there and smoke some ass on the old turntables, it`s quite clear in this post you have a lot of support and concerned people, i hope you can mabey get through this , but if not respect man and good luck with your future plans :clap: :clap: :clap: easy dude! :cry:

audioinjection
19-04-2005, 05:56 PM
for many years, ive loved it..

but now i quit..

i'll not bore ya with reasons, suffice to say a huge thank you to all the punters, players, djs, promoters, dealers, riggers, doormen, printers..

cheers everyone. for everything.. :clap:

pete (doanldson)

peace out!

Apex Beat
19-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Techno scenes one thing, the 'club scene' is something completely different. No one seems to get booked on talent, more how many promotors you are prepared to do some bitching for. Ah well!

Anyway mate, good luck. One more techno DJ hanging their headphones up is another chance for me lol. Take it easy and best of luck with your course.

Sunil
19-04-2005, 11:16 PM
No one seems to get booked on talent

Not always, and this is a number 1 excuse for some DJs who, quite simply, aren't good enough. That said, there's a lot of promoters who put on only themselves or their close crew without ever dreaming of giving other deserving people a chance, on the other hand there's still good promoters too. Anyway in the case of Pete, I doubt that Shine not giving him his fair dues is the reason for him quitting, although I'm sure he'd have appreciated being asked to play from time to time.

Mirsha
20-04-2005, 12:25 PM
We've got a local crew who are absoloutely stunning at getting in people you have never heard of before, in fact I'm sure they trawl through mixes posted on these forums and get back to the people they think are good enough.

neko
21-04-2005, 12:00 AM
fair do's pete, if its what you really want then i wish u all the best in your new course and lifestyle choice.

i've really enjoyed your mixes though, and you've made a great contribution to techno in old norn iron.

all the best mate :clap:

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 01:04 AM
thats not really true Ross, the genuine promoters worth playing for recognise talent and offer the gigs when and were due usually.... i dont know anyone who has to bitch to promoters? quite the opposite infact... if they recognise real talent ul find more often than not promoters are the ones doing the chasing...

its just not as clear cut tho as "im good so i must be playing the big clubs locally", promotion is a business for most and promoters have to think of what ur name on the flyer is gonna bring.. how many people etc and if ur relatively unknown, and with no releases or a "pro" residency as it were then chances are ur not gonna fill the club and the promoter wont book u, regardless of if u live 2 mins away or 2 days away, clubs like Shine are at the top of their game and ok yeah they should get local djs on but to say Shine not offering a gig wud lead to someone giving up is laughable for sure... if u really want things to happen itl happen with the right talent, promotion and of course a bit of good luck

Sunil
21-04-2005, 01:33 AM
but to say Shine not offering a gig wud lead to someone giving up is laughable for sure...

I don't think anyone did, although perhaps some people picked up what I said about Shine as being the reason he was quitting or something? I think it's just an example of a well established club who know they can fill their venue with big names, and the idea of booking deserving local talent is pretty low on their list. It's a shame that Belfast can't get more alternative techno nights off the ground.. "Evolution" at Vicos for instance, was a cracking night.. absolutely amazing atmosphere in that wee place :clap:

Orange
21-04-2005, 05:38 AM
i don't know you, but i'm gonna open up for you anyways cause i think big times of change can be unsettlin though they need not be...if you don't FEEL it anymore, then good on you to know your time is done and to move on...life has much to offer... and that which gives you fire in the mind can come in many forms, so if new fire comes in a new form, of course i think it is so important to find out just exactly what is callin to you askin you to come play...if i'm not feelin it, i'm definately lookin around for some new playground to explore...even if i am feelin it, i'm still lookin around cause an open mind is very cool...for in the future, if not now, likely we will all want to do something different...plus, learning somethin new can really show you what you learned about the last game you played...you get to apply your old tricks in a new trade...things change as a rule, so don't be afraid to let go...and it appears that you are not...very cool...but, also, if the fire is still there in your mind, you can try and close up shop, but damn fire may chase you down anyways...art can be like a relationship, and sometimes your art don't want to break up with you and damn art will seek you out for more lovin...and thats way cool to see manifest in your life, but you have to wait and see...so, you dunno what the future holds if you still in love but pretendin you can live without or even if you genuinely think you are finished...final thought: sometime we all get too caught up in expectations about who we think we are and what we think we deserve...and in those times it really can be for the best to break free until some time has passed and you find your equilibrium again...you are in a process of transformation...it can be very exciting to live in freedom, embrace the unknown and follow your heart...hope you don't mind all this philosophy, maybe some you can relate with, maybe some will be of help, sounds like you are recreating who you are and who you will become...but, then, its always just you anyways...i'm always just me...doesn't matter what we do...

sincerely, all the best to you...

OriginalTechnobastard
21-04-2005, 11:29 AM
let him leave in peace

Frank Dogshit
21-04-2005, 12:17 PM
someone said previously that pete had not played at shine before?

sure he was on the lineup middle of last year.....whos to say he wont get a return gig there?

Boboagogo
21-04-2005, 03:08 PM
was only a gig in the bar. was playin autechre, nin and more xperimental stuff i think. alan simms(shine) said he only books djs he likes and i think ive heard him say a few times that he wasn't a fan of petes techno sets.

slavestudios
21-04-2005, 03:33 PM
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SHINE & I'LL THANK EVERYONE TO LEAVE IT OUT OF THIS THREAD..

I HAVE PLAYED A BACK ROOM SET, BUT BELIEVE ME, NOT PLAYING TECHNO IN SHINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MOVE..

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENUFF...

pete

Sunil
21-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I shouldn't have mentioned the Shine in this thread, it probably misled people, seems like some folk took me up the wrong way!

slavestudios
22-04-2005, 12:48 AM
no worries sunil. i have no doubt you meant no harm with it..

its jus theres a certain forum that can get a bit narked at times ;)

davethedrummer
22-04-2005, 01:50 AM
well if you ask me i think you're crazy
and in a round about way by posting on this forum you are asking me
so i'm telling you.....
just stop whinging and get on with it man!
for goodness sake , techno isn't something you can just give up , like fags or beer or something!!!!!!
i mean i gave up playing drums for bands but that didn't stop me from listening to rock , ska or punk or making music
and i tell you what .....you'll regret selling those tunes ( and the dex).......and don't come running to me when you realise there's no going back!
sorry man :nono:

MARKEG
22-04-2005, 01:54 AM
yeah i agree. how you can post something on a forum saying 'i'm giving up techno' is beyond me. i mean all the best of luck to you mate, but you obviously weren't into it in the first place to say this on a forum.

sorry man, but that's the way i feel.

Boboagogo
22-04-2005, 03:28 AM
hes simply moving on ffs. to say pete donaldson 'obviously wasnt into it in the first place' is a fukin joke. he basically was the techno scene in belfast for a long time. lost money on the majority of nights he done but still plugged away for ages bringing over big names knowing there was probably no chance he would even break even. techno in belfast is dead and petes prob just realised its time to move on instead of having it hold him back. and i cant see where he says he was gonna stop listening to it either.

davethedrummer
22-04-2005, 08:31 AM
hes simply moving on ffs. to say pete donaldson 'obviously wasnt into it in the first place' is a fukin joke. he basically was the techno scene in belfast for a long time. lost money on the majority of nights he done but still plugged away for ages bringing over big names knowing there was probably no chance he would even break even. techno in belfast is dead and petes prob just realised its time to move on instead of having it hold him back. and i cant see where he says he was gonna stop listening to it either.

mate ....if he sells all his records ..........hows he gonna keep listening to techno????
no sorry , stopping promoting , or packing in djing in clubs i can understand , but selling everything off??? why exactly ???
i mean if i gave up djing , i'd still keep my dex , and my tunes.
'cos i love playing records at home on my own or with the missus , and theres no techno scene here in ashford but we don't care.
no i'm not saying the guy didn't put his back into it , i'm sure he did , but selling it all of , and posting it on the net , to me just looks like a big moment of delusion , and i think he'll regret it.

i want him to reconsider

so pete.....reconsider.....slow down have a cup of tea....and go through the alternatives....
and if you still think that selling all your precious vinyl , dex , the lot is the answer , then that's up to you..

and i'll still say you're crazy
:nono:

davethedrummer
22-04-2005, 08:41 AM
in fact i would go so far as to say
DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE
as this is purely negative / non constructive
what would a newcomer think if he/she stumbled across a 4 page thread about giving up techno?..
no it's self absorbed , negative , unhelpful , and pointless....

steve .....mark...anyone please what do you think?

pete i am genuinely sorry that you feel the way you do
but what the hell were you thinking putting this here?

davethedrummer
22-04-2005, 08:41 AM
in fact i would go so far as to say
DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE
as this is purely negative / non constructive
what would a newcomer think if he/she stumbled across a 4 page thread about giving up techno?..
no it's self absorbed , negative , unhelpful , and pointless....

steve .....mark...anyone please what do you think?

pete i am genuinely sorry that you feel the way you do
but what the hell were you thinking putting this here?

dirty_bass
22-04-2005, 09:43 AM
your probably right henry, I`ll leave it up till mid day, then it`s Locked.
Everyone has wished luck to the man, there`s no need to start fighting over it.

crime
22-04-2005, 09:58 AM
well, it's all a bit toys out of the pram if you ask me...
I thought I was giving it all up a few times, when all I needed was a bit of a rest, and 6 months of doing something else got me back into it with renewed vigour, and excitment... but yeah is all a bit dramatic...

MARKEG
22-04-2005, 10:42 AM
honestly, i'm not starting a fight at all. i don't know pete at all, but it seems uncomprehensable to me to say 'right, that's it, i'm giving up music'. anyway, i'lll shut up. i betting you a tenner he'll be back if he's half the guy you describe. techno's way too infectious. ;)

dirty_bass
22-04-2005, 11:12 AM
He`ll be back.
I`ve already sent out out the the the Techno Black Ops unit.

messyfuture
22-04-2005, 11:42 AM
He`ll be back.
I`ve already sent out out the the the Techno Black Ops unit.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nowar/belfast/protester-1.jpg

There behind you.

Mindful
22-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Dont sell the records thats crazy talk

slavestudios
23-04-2005, 12:18 PM
mr drummer, you can **** right off...

you know nothing of what ive done, what parties i ran & the scene here in belfast..

i'm sellin my vinyl cos i aint gonna get stuck in the past.. unlike some. step away from the 303 ffs...

the reason i posted here was to say 'thanx & bye' to a lot of ppl i dont get to communicate with anywhere other than here..

if u think the thread is dung, stay off it.. all i wanted to do was say thanx to a lot of peeps who i feel have helped me...

its ok for you & mr EG with your labels & gigs.. i been hammering music for 20 years & its going nowhere so i'm moving on..

i used to be a Dave The Drummer fan but with that attitude ? stick it up your arse..

i never said ANYTHING about not listening to techno.. i said i was giving up my involvement..

you know nothing of me so keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.

and remove whatever the **** you wnat DB... you can stick your ****in forum..

btw, THIS bullshit is jus one reason i have no wish to have any links to the the 'scene'

slavestudios
23-04-2005, 12:19 PM
well, it's all a bit toys out of the pram if you ask me...
I thought I was giving it all up a few times, when all I needed was a bit of a rest, and 6 months of doing something else got me back into it with renewed vigour, and excitment... but yeah is all a bit dramatic...

look whos ****in talkin LOL

you ppl are a ****in scream... no doubt

crime
23-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh dear.....

eyes without a face
23-04-2005, 06:47 PM
haha its all coming out now, absolutely hilarious....

Pete i have to say you've just pretty much rubbished any of the positive aspect of this thread dude, these people where only giving their opinion and i have to agree on some parts.... i really dont see how someone can just "give up", its not a hobby or owt and the post did come across as just kinda "ah well im getting nowhere so i may aswell just give up!"... kinda like a kid who gets into karate or something, buys all the gear, works at it, then just gives up one day... its just kinda like "errr, why?" and to announce it is a bit prima donna u must admit that....

i do wish u good luck tho of course ive said this, ur a top bloke and you've done some good for techno over there, which cant be bad....

but there is a bit of a feeling of sour grapes hanging over the air now i must say!

thought this was getting locked anyway haha ;)

slavestudios
23-04-2005, 08:45 PM
haha its all coming out now, absolutely hilarious....

Pete i have to say you've just pretty much rubbished any of the positive aspect of this thread dude, these people where only giving their opinion and i have to agree on some parts.... i really dont see how someone can just "give up", its not a hobby or owt and the post did come across as just kinda "ah well im getting nowhere so i may aswell just give up!"... kinda like a kid who gets into karate or something, buys all the gear, works at it, then just gives up one day... its just kinda like "errr, why?" and to announce it is a bit prima donna u must admit that....

i do wish u good luck tho of course ive said this, ur a top bloke and you've done some good for techno over there, which cant be bad....

but there is a bit of a feeling of sour grapes hanging over the air now i must say!

thought this was getting locked anyway haha ;)

another person who doesnt know me yet feels they know the inside 7 out of why i'm moving on..

dont be so ****in presumptious..

i have my reasons. i didnt start this thread for any other reason than to say cheers to a lot of peeps.. i had no intention of it truning into this..

but many ppl seem to think they have the ****in inside line on why i'm moving on..

and they dont. read what ya want into it. there are ppl here who had the decency to jus say 'good luck' without being smarmy cunts over it..

and there are those who presume to know the whys & wherefores..

who the hell do you think your are ? read a few posts on a forum, & think you know me ?

there were no 'sour grapes' til a few ppl started commenting on things they know nothing about.. THATS where the anger is...

and 'kind a like a kif...' wtf are you on about ? i been into music since i was 12 & was gigging before i left school.. you have NO IDEA of what ive done or the work ive put in..

and would never presume to know what you have or havent put into your music..

eyes without a face
23-04-2005, 09:02 PM
haha, i never once said i knew u well, i was judging on posts and discussions we've had on here... i dont claim to know the in's and outs and i dont particulary want to know, but u cant put a post up with such a galant statement and not expect a few people to say "i dont agree with it" or "i dont understand why ur doing it, i think its silly"

if u dont give reasons then people are left in the dark, and questions are then asked, opinions are given.... in this case they've not been taken well

you keep going on about what you've done for the scene, well thats cool, and until u give ur reasons why ur going to stop giving to the scene then people are naturally going to think "well u cant have given that much if ur giving up so easily"...

and thats not me saying that u are giving up easy, its me saying thats what its gonna look like to people because u havent given everyone the facts...

people have a natural instinct to learn from their environments, including internet forums, and when a post goes up that explains actions which have had an obvious, large amount of thought, well, some people are going to be interested in the reasons for the consequent actions....

time is irrelavant in anything, its what uve done in that time that matters... it doesnt matter if you've been into techno for 20 years, or 2 years, if ur contributing then superb, and if you've gained succes and respect in the time you've been into it then thats even better... its like saying "ive been into techno for 15 years longer than u so i must be better at it, or enjoy it more, or understand it more"... its irrelvant....

ur angry at people who are questioning ur actions... ur anger would be understandable if the reasons were apparent... but they are not... so alas... this will just go round and round and round and round....

dirty_bass
24-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry this turned a bit nasty Pete.
I understand in a way, sometimes things can look a bit futile.
Good luck mate.

MARKEG
24-04-2005, 06:56 AM
wow pete, i'm really sorry.

NO REALLY.

but as someone who doesn't know you at all from adam apart from on this forum, please understand what i said and the way i said it.

fair play to you mate. do what you wannna do, go the way you need to go. life is life. i know nothing of your circumstance, nothing about you and the way your life is. sometimes sitting behond a computer is easy - making judgements, applying words to your own life and thinking you know best.

i put my hands up man and apologise. i'm sorry. i wish you the best, i really do. you've actually been a great part of this forum.

good luck pete.

(and if you ever decide to come back into techno, you know there's alot of ppl here that totally respect you)

MARKEG
24-04-2005, 07:03 AM
well hey, i've just unlocked this hoping something good can come in this. any good wishes to pete, totally needed here ;)

MARKEG
24-04-2005, 07:21 AM
god i feel bad about this shit. pete is right. we really are fine with our gigs and life in music. i'd like to defend that by saying , well we've worked hard but hey, so have you. hmmm. this is a crazy. i'm sure you work just as hard as i do. well perhaps this music game has an element of luck???? i dunno. i just know i work my ass off for this. i don't want no proper job. hmmmmmmm.... pete need your response. arrghhhh you're probably not going to give it us now after this shitty post :cry:

slavestudios
24-04-2005, 12:56 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh ffs lol

i'm movin on. i dont feel i have to explain or justify why. i do feel i should aknowledge & thank those that have helped & supported me..

there are many many reasons why i'm movin on. i dont feel i should have to list them jus to stop ppl from havin a poke..

there are maybe three ppl who have posted on this thread that actually have some idea of what i have done in my time.. and i have no wish to list them here just to satisfy the curiosity of some ppl... crime & eyes & drummer..

how many of you are waiting prsecution for postering ? not many i would hazard..

i have worked hard (in my bands and my djin... techno isnt everything) for a long time. and now i would like to have a different life..

now, what is so tragic & melodramatic about wanting to move on & saying cheers & bye before you do ?

suppose.. i should have jus skulked away & not say as much as 'later' to anyone..

i aint going into all of it, but read some of the purile rubbish & accusational bollox in this thread... thats ONE reason

cheers mr eg. appreciate it. pete :clap:

slavestudios
24-04-2005, 12:56 PM
p.s anyone wanting to discuss this in a pub.. pint of Guiness ;)

loopdon
24-04-2005, 01:14 PM
all the best to you, pete! :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==