PDA

View Full Version : HOW MANY TIMES ??? what is up with you ppl ????

slavestudios
17-04-2005, 02:10 PM
does there need to be a thread about 'digital/vinyl' in one forum ?

i realise this is ANOTHER of said threads, but jeees ? is this all ppl do now ? compare vst collections & compare notes on freq response over assorted mediums ?

jesus titty suckin christ ppl..... this is worse than a locked groove ffs

and btw, for all the mouthing about this v that, take into account the pa's that most sets go out on... from amp to dj mixer to bnc leads.. your only as good as the weakest link so all this arsehole discussion about freq range etc ?

all this repeated bullshit is jus one of many reasons i'm steppin of the techno bus.. ppl forget what its about.. the beat. they get so wrapped up in the semantics & small type & unfeedable desire to have the latest hip shit, they forget about a tune..

who cares if theres a lil whole between suchnsuch hertz & blahdeblah hertz.. if it rox, it rox..

i used to love techno for the pure faceless honesty of its music.. when Spastik was made on jus a few drumachines & blew the world away..

now, nothing is good enuff unless it been scientiffically passed by the Full Spectrum Board of Music Retards to ensure its 'up to sctach'

get off the horses & get back on the floor..

go listen to My Definition of House by Dj Hell... shit production, blinder track, still rox.. nuff said.

pete

jesus
17-04-2005, 02:50 PM
what are you still doing here? i thought you gave up the other day. :dontevengothere:

slavestudios
17-04-2005, 03:37 PM
checkin pm's if ya must know :nono:

basslinejunkie
17-04-2005, 04:04 PM

i realise this is ANOTHER of said threads, but jeees ? is this all ppl do now ? compare vst collections & compare notes on freq response over assorted mediums ?

and btw, for all the mouthing about this v that, take into account the pa's that most sets go out on... from amp to dj mixer to bnc leads.. your only as good as the weakest link so all this arsehole discussion about freq range etc ?

all this repeated bullshit is jus one of many reasons i'm steppin of the techno bus.. ppl forget what its about.. the beat. they get so wrapped up in the semantics & small type & unfeedable desire to have the latest hip shit, they forget about a tune..

who cares if theres a lil whole between suchnsuch hertz & blahdeblah hertz.. if it rox, it rox..

i used to love techno for the pure faceless honesty of its music.. when Spastik was made on jus a few drumachines & blew the world away..

now, nothing is good enuff unless it been scientiffically passed by the Full Spectrum Board of Music Retards to ensure its 'up to sctach'

go listen to My Definition of House by Dj Hell... shit production, blinder track, still rox.. nuff said.

pete

well said,a very valid point.

oldbugger
17-04-2005, 04:07 PM

pete

well said,a very valid point.

absolutely.

great point

tocsin
17-04-2005, 04:54 PM
i used to love techno for the pure faceless honesty of its music..

Agreed. Not so long ago, I don't ever remember their being big discussions over whether a track sucked or not because it was made with a Tracker. ;) A lot of people were very much into a certain artist that advertised on their record covers "recorded in glorious 8-bit mono" to the point where he records were fetching some ridiculously high bids on auction services.

tioneb
17-04-2005, 07:08 PM
that dj hell track is awesome !! but true it sounds like it has gone through a low pass filter haha

dirty_bass
17-04-2005, 07:21 PM
hmmm, even those badly produced tracks were actually well produced.
Lofi doesn`t mean bad production.
Standards have dropped because the equipment is more accessable, so it`s only right that to a certian extent, production be talked about.
However, I`ll take a good tune over a well produced one any day.
But these days, if you make a tune that is good, but can`t get it to a good standard, then find someone to master it for you. It`s not hard.
Only ego is stopping people from doing this.

holotropik
18-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Ego is why all this chin-stroking has come about.

Easier access to the technology has caused more "wannabe" types to go around dropping names and splitting hairs in order to try and impress rather than do.

How many people do you know who have ALL the good gear but it just sits in their studio as some sort of bizarre tribute....

I come across more of these types than i do people who actually have talent and ability and more importantly intent.

Komplex
18-04-2005, 01:40 AM

pete

Whining about threads that involve bitching about different formats is even worse than participating in those threads in the first place. JUST DON'T CLICK ON THEM. So it's a hot discusion right now and you don't like it. Thats fine. You don't have to read that shit. But it is techno related discussion. TECHNO = music and technology combined.

crime
18-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Agreed. Not so long ago, I don't ever remember their being big discussions over whether a track sucked or not because it was made with a Tracker. ;) A lot of people were very much into a certain artist that advertised on their record covers "recorded in glorious 8-bit mono" to the point where he records were fetching some ridiculously high bids on auction services.

Trackers rule, I don't understand how to program them myself, but have heard some great music made with trackers.... lot of early vogel was made with trackers...

dirty_bass
18-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Trackers are how I started producing.
Med on the amiga.
then OCTAMED!!!
8 whole tracks of 8 bit audio and 8 midi tracks. wooohoooo

crime
18-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Med on the amiga.
then OCTAMED!!!

Yeah, that's proper back in the day shit, was the only way to make music without a studio a few years back, you had to have that certain level of geekness to get into it, it just looked all numbers to me, heard some people get amazing results though, Society Suckers do all of their stuff on trackers...

TechMouse
18-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Med on the amiga.
then OCTAMED!!!
That's the shizzle.

OctaMED on the PC was the first piece of music software I bought (i.e. didn't get off the front cover of CU Amiga). That was pretty phat. Amiga OctaMED, but with no restrictions on the number of channels, and full 16-bit sound on each channel. Churned out some proper grungy messes with that.

I did spend years expressing myself in Hex though.

Buzz Machines is not entirely dissimilar.

TechMouse
18-04-2005, 12:48 PM
you had to have that certain level of geekness to get into it
No comment.

Komplex
18-04-2005, 12:58 PM
hahah.

Mod-edit then fast tracker 2 were my first weapons :)

Good to see something in common. Now we can argue about which tracker was best ;)

RDR
18-04-2005, 01:17 PM

:lol: :doh: :oops:

Well **** you all! i used to make music on a wind-driven hohner k/b. things have moved on since then...

not that anyone noticed. :oops:

Mirsha
18-04-2005, 01:37 PM
OctaMED on the PC was the first piece of music software I bought (i.e. didn't get off the front cover of CU Amiga). That was pretty phat. Amiga OctaMED, but with no restrictions on the number of channels, and full 16-bit sound on each channel
I remember getting a few trackers off the cover of magazines, defo had Octamed and another one as well which is nify as hell. The best thing I ever discovered was that on my Flashback disks the music was stored in a form readable by one of the trackers so I could reproduce the in game music and really fiddle about with it.

TechMouse
18-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I remember getting a few trackers off the cover of magazines, defo had Octamed and another one as well which is nify as hell. The best thing I ever discovered was that on my Flashback disks the music was stored in a form readable by one of the trackers so I could reproduce the in game music and really fiddle about with it.
Yeah, that was one of the cool things about the whole mod / demo scene. You could rip tunes out of just about anything and then piss about ad nauseum. Genuine cross-pollination of everything. A cool demo would come out, then the next week another one would come along which was essentially a remix of the previous one - with different visuals. Everyone trying to out-do each other in terms of what they could push out of those little 68000 processors.

dirty_bass
18-04-2005, 10:36 PM

HAHAHAHA
yep.

I loved octamed.
You could load any amiga file in as a sample, so you could say, load a picture into the sample section, and it coverted it into sound.
You`d get this mad digital noise, sometimes it was rhythmic. Wicked stuff.
That began my foray into industrial music, and began the neglect of my drum kit.

GothamGrooves.com
21-04-2005, 08:42 AM
jesus titty suckin christ ppl.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==