PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Structure For Finance

eyes without a face
17-04-2005, 09:14 PM
hey peeps

just thought id post up todays work seeing how ive not posted anything in yonks

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Structure_For_Finance.mp3

like it, hate it, whatever, feedback welcome as always

ta

Apex Beat
17-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Liking the samples/synth lines - Track needs to be more 'glued' together more in my opinion. Liking the bassline also, sounds pretty fat!!! Think the lowends are not quite biting through the mix well enough, but not sure could be my speakers. The 2:05 Breakdown, think you should compress the 'beep' noise in it as it sounds like its cutting through the mix too much. Also kick sounds just slightly too flat, needs that techno 'snappyness' to get it through thee mix - minor issues though - Apart from that, solid track la. I'd play it out on the real :rambo:

eyes without a face
17-04-2005, 11:38 PM
cheers dude

yeah its not a breakdown as such just quickly did it to get a version down because i had a headache im gonna work on it tommorow with fresh ears

but thanks :o)

audioinjection
18-04-2005, 05:07 PM
damn dude, this sounds phat, actually a bit more phat than your previous productions, and also harder that usual, the sounds are cool man, and cool bassline as well

good job

eyes without a face
18-04-2005, 06:31 PM
cheers mate, appreciated!

BRADLEE
18-04-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah I like this quite a bit more than anything I've ever heard you do before. Very nice change in direction for this Project IMO. Keep it up.

eyes without a face
18-04-2005, 10:07 PM
well i figured i needed some more dancefloor stuff under my belt, the synthier stuff isnt to everyone's taste hehe

thanks Brad ;)

dirty_bass
18-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Nice, although sounds a lot like the new Chris McCormack track.

eyes without a face
18-04-2005, 11:40 PM
i hadnt noticed that but yeah i can see where ur coming from

ah well, thanks anyway

Jimfish
19-04-2005, 01:05 AM
forgot to mention when you played this to me the other day it seems like there is an imbalance of top end shiz happening on the right hand side.. i think its the delay from that white noise sound..

i really do like it a lot until the break but im definatly not into that new sound that comes in from then.. that really spoils it for me :( davids right though it does sound one of the phattest so far which has to be good!

eyes without a face
19-04-2005, 01:22 AM
ta son ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==