PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best store for Techno

Richie C
20-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Ok... Lets hear which are your favourite stores for techno...

once we have the list I'll set up a poll to see who we think is the best...

Mirsha
20-04-2005, 01:47 PM
www.just-music.com is quite new and getting good reviews and an execllent selection of stuff. It was setup by techno producers to provide an online platform for them to release stuff so it's well worth a poke.

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 01:56 PM
gotta be http://www.nuloop.com and http://www.juno.co.uk between em they got everything.

Richie C
20-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Here's one that I use a lot...

www.covert.uk.com

dan the acid man
20-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Here's one that I use a lot...

www.covert.uk.com

which is either the shop you own or work for

crime
20-04-2005, 02:43 PM
doesn't anyone go to real shops anymore?
Went to Space hall here in berlin a few days ago, really cool, loads of backstock also, friendly staff who speak english also...

gumpy green
20-04-2005, 02:49 PM
gotta be http://www.nuloop.com and http://www.juno.co.uk between em they got everything.

but juno rip folks off bigtime with postage, thayve lost countless orders frommyself cause of this..

once i even asked them to explain why they were charging me 18 quid for around 15-16 records...no responce.

and i never got them next day...

they do have an excellent selection tho so if you dont mind getting ripped off go for them..

as mirsha said just-music is really good.

yav got tuneinn , web records(german), phuture rave for indusrail/nboise/hardcore. banging tunes nu-loop, and loads of others..

i usually just searc for shops and see what different folks have at the time.

zaalmoetlos
20-04-2005, 03:01 PM
confused - the hague - holland
space hall - berlin - germany
eukatech - london - uk

djfurness
20-04-2005, 03:49 PM
www.innercity.co.uk

cheap as chips bargains in there as well

conflict
20-04-2005, 05:32 PM
always worth checking www.elpmedien.de for up to date stuff and a healthy back catalogue

to crime

i much prefer going into a record shop selling techno but thats a rarity nowdays.Especially where i live.You cant beat sifting through hundreds/thousands of techno records.

Actually selactadisc in notts is good sometimes,apart from arrogant staff!

Best record shop i went to was techno import in paris.

Jay Pace
20-04-2005, 05:33 PM
www.gemm.com - Not a shop, but access to everything. Ever. Wishlists at the ready for those who haven't used it before...

Then a mix of Juno & Tuneinn and Covert.

I use musichead.de quite a bit for half decent audio clips.

crime
20-04-2005, 05:41 PM
actually selactadisc in notts is good sometimes,apart from arrogant staff!

Used to shop there myself one apon a time, the funny thing was, once I started doing a bit of work in distribution, I heard the same kind of bitching coming from the people selling the records to selectadisk, as I used to hear from my mates trying to buy the records!!!! Suppose I'm spoilt really living here, we have Hardwax, spacehall, angry plastic and a whole load of other smaller shops around, and much more of an interesting mix of music than I found in shops in the uk.. the scene in the UK is very "Safe" IMO

audioinjection
20-04-2005, 05:41 PM
i like nuloop.com

also vitalvinyl.com is decent

there arent much shops here in LA that carry techno, which sux, so i have to go online most of the time to order stuff

miss bass
20-04-2005, 07:44 PM
boomkat.com (dont think i saw anyone post it.)

Quality music on that site from electronica through to dub through to indie. :rambo:

g
20-04-2005, 09:10 PM
i like nuloop.com

also vitalvinyl.com is decent

there arent much shops here in LA that carry techno, which sux, so i have to go online most of the time to order stuff
the last time i bought a record... like, in a store... phew, i can't even remember. and it sure as hell wasn't in LA. unfortunately.

dtl
20-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Must say Confused in The Hauge has the best back cat of most labels I have seen in Holland, probably due to their high prices comparing to other like Bouqtis in Asmterdam (Near Mid-Town record), even their selection is not the greatest, but they are as cheap as Web-records in some import stuff.

Yeah, I shop at Juno, they do good deals on Novamute, like the Luke Vibrant _Lover Acid is only 3.99, and LFO mix of R. of a hit is 4.99..... Give and take... Give and take...

djfurness
20-04-2005, 10:22 PM
innercity are changing their domain name soon I think just in case....

http://www.basement-trax.co.uk

bargains galore in there.....really a shop that needs visiting though as well...I left my girlfriend in the pub next door for an hour the other day....and I could easily have stayed there longer!

Stella Boy
20-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Not a sales pitch but Basement Trax is an Aladins cave of techno, the sort of place you can lose hours of you life rifling through forgetten gems. Too many people are buying the new & next big thing and are obsessed with getting the new upfront releases, try going through the crates and checking out stuff you haven't heard of before.

Just because it's old doesn't make it crap.

miss bass
20-04-2005, 10:39 PM
but im scared of the basement .... :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==