PDA

View Full Version : **complete rework** Voidloss - Monument Valley

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Just something I was messin with today to get me out of the more clubby stuff I`ve been doing recently.

Not sure if I`ll do anything with it.
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Brutal%20Rape%20in%20Monument%20Valley.mp3

audioinjection
20-04-2005, 08:25 PM
nice job dude

i like that cool effect in the middle of the track, sounds like its skipping hehe

CORROSIVE
20-04-2005, 09:16 PM
different. i like it.

the kick is a bit week, imo. i like nice phat kick drums.

but its soundin good

eyes without a face
20-04-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah thought the kick was a bit thin, and to be honest the track bored me a bit on the whole... production is nice and i liked that effect like david mentioned, but wasnt into it on the whole

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 10:06 PM
the kick is huge, but it`s all compression tricks. turn it up and it will still clunk. It`s just less obvious.
that was part of the experiment really.
There are loads of tracks I`ve got on vinyl, that at home, it sounds like the kick is nothing.
But on a rig, it slams.
I`ve finally worked out how to do it, and that`s what I did.
Probably a bit anal really, but I am a rig engineer and these things entertain me.

hehe
Anyway, it`s not finished, just a few hours work experimenting with things.

BRADLEE
20-04-2005, 10:24 PM
not too bad Steve. Not my favorite work by you IMO, but extremely well produced as always. And I get what you mean about the kick too. SOmetimes it isnt always so loud on a small system, but over 50k of sound....big differance..

CORROSIVE
20-04-2005, 10:29 PM
the kick is huge, but it`s all compression tricks. turn it up and it will still clunk. It`s just less obvious.
that was part of the experiment really.
There are loads of tracks I`ve got on vinyl, that at home, it sounds like the kick is nothing.
But on a rig, it slams.
I`ve finally worked out how to do it, and that`s what I did.
Probably a bit anal really, but I am a rig engineer and these things entertain me.

hehe
Anyway, it`s not finished, just a few hours work experimenting with things.

nah, i see what u mean about the kick. phatness.

nova
20-04-2005, 10:31 PM
i like your tech dirty bass. im liking your more harder stuff. been listen to the tunes on your wedsite. there cool.

going start experimenting more with me vocoder :lol: ;)

dirty_bass
20-04-2005, 10:38 PM
not too bad Steve. Not my favorite work by you IMO, but extremely well produced as always. And I get what you mean about the kick too. SOmetimes it isnt always so loud on a small system, but over 50k of sound....big differance..
50K?
are you mad
that`s like a stack of about 30 speakers

This kind of kick will work on 5k

The Overfiend
20-04-2005, 10:39 PM
i cant wait to be able to swap an compare with steve agin

CORROSIVE
20-04-2005, 10:40 PM
50K?
are you mad

This kind of kick will work on 5k

nah, the kick sounds phat on 1.5k

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 01:03 AM
I`ve been working on this again
err
it`s completely changed now
so I`ll repost it

BRADLEE
21-04-2005, 01:51 AM
50K?
are you mad

I wasn't saying that is how much sound you need my friend...LOL

I just meant that it would sound great on 50k of sound.

The more sound, the better!!!! ha ha ha

And yes Steve, I am a bit mad at times :crackup:

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 04:07 AM
hehe, cool beans.
Hell, give me 50k to play with, and my missus will never see me again.

nova
21-04-2005, 09:27 AM
about 10-20k seems to be the thing roung here. you americans like every thing big. is that what you play out on 50k. yeah round here about 10-20k for the clubs and free partys

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Ok, well, I`ve totally reworked the track.
Doesn`t really bare much reseblance to the earlier experiment.
Beware, it`s become pretty horrific, and possibly offensive.
Same Link as before

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Brutal%20Rape%20in%20Monument%20Valley.mp3

xfive
21-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Beware, it`s become pretty horrific, and possibly offensive.

haha yeah that's damn dirty... nice.

CORROSIVE
21-04-2005, 04:31 PM
:twisted: evil

audioinjection
21-04-2005, 05:20 PM
good shit man

wickedly evil :rambo:

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 06:39 PM
not bad, thought the kick took too long to kick in tho....

didnt really find it particulary scary or evil tho, i can see where its coming from but it sounds like alot of tracks in that style i thought

good tho

BRADLEE
21-04-2005, 06:52 PM
about 10-20k seems to be the thing roung here. you americans like every thing big. is that what you play out on 50k.

Generally between 15k and 50k for a decent sound system. My party had two smaller stages last week. One was about 10k and the main was roughly 18k of sound.

Although many of our larger event showcase the "GOD" soundsystem. Which is owned by my friend Justin McBee. He has 100K of Yorkville power.

nova
21-04-2005, 07:06 PM
haha fuk me 100k. ive played out on a 10k hughes&kettner rig and that was loud. but they hav got it up to about 20k or more recently. but 100k thats like glastonbury style. bet that booms out in the desert ;)

audioinjection
21-04-2005, 07:36 PM
i've played on a 30 cabinet system once, my lord what a night haha

BRADLEE
21-04-2005, 07:50 PM
btw Steve, I like it alot more now with the changes you made. ;)

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 10:02 PM
not bad, thought the kick took too long to kick in tho....

didnt really find it particulary scary or evil tho, i can see where its coming from but it sounds like alot of tracks in that style i thought

good tho

You obviously don`t speak a word of french.
It`s pretty sick.
If it was in english, I¬d probably get a good telling off.

I`ve never really heard anything like this, if you have any audio links to stuff in this "style" that it sounds a lot like, then back yourslef up, cos I`d like to hear them.

Closest I`ve heard to this is some of the dub I have.

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 11:27 PM
it just sounds like dark techno to me thats all, id b unable to pick any specifics but to me it has that dark techno sound, and just not my definition of scary really, but i dont dig scary music in general so maybe id be a little biased

i did like it as i said, just not my fave track thats all

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 11:29 PM
haha as for the french the best i can do is i got a B at GCSE but couldnt utter a word now, really couldnt...

what does it say then? or is it a bit rude?

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 11:29 PM
it`s not meant to be scarey.
It`s a women getting raped at gunpoint.
It`s offensive.

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 11:33 PM
ahh right.... hmm i dunno topical subject matter for sure, maybe not something to glorify in a track but i know people like Surgeon have used similiar samples in some tracks, on some of the bmb releases? im not entirely sure tho, i just vaguely remember seeing a post about it on here somewhere and something about samples of a girl who'd been abducted or was in some sort of trouble? my memorys not what it was....

i did like it tho

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 11:40 PM
it just sounds like dark techno to me thats all, id b unable to pick any specifics but to me it has that dark techno sound

So that was basically a rather sweeping statement then.

Kinda like someone who doesn`t like techno listening to a techno track and saying
"Ah, that sounds like a lot of tracks in that style, I don`t have any specifics, but it`s got that techno sound"

I`m not glorifying rape at all, there`s no celebration here, it`s merely a confrontation. If it were glorifying it, the track would be called "rape is great"
and it would be some kind of hard house track.

No I don`t think surgeon used anything liek this. There was rumours that a sample at the end of one of their tracks was a woman being drowned or dunked or something, but I dunno the track.

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 11:55 PM
well thats an easy mistake to make re the surgeon sample use, im still none the wiser over that tho not that it matters its just a taste thing, its not to my tastes thats all....

not really a sweeping statement no, because it does have a dark techno sound, and there's no denying that most techno tends to be sub-genred these days like it or not and on my first instincts i deemed it to have, to me, a dark techno sound... its not a critique of the track, im saying to me that it sounds like dark techno, thats all.... if thats too general then i apologise but thats all i meant soo....

dirty_bass
22-04-2005, 12:21 AM
I got no problem with issues of taste, you can`t please all the people all the time, or production critique.
But sweeping, unsubstanciated generalisations are more of an egotistical comment, rather than something born of critical analyses.

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 12:26 AM
there's no ego at all, its simply my initial, and honest, opinion

Evil G
22-04-2005, 02:01 AM
nice one. i like this a lot.

dirty_bass
22-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Just to clarify, this isn`t a glorification of a seriously evil act.
And it isn`t real, but was got from a rather hardcore video nasty.
This track is part of a series of tunes I am working on for voidloss, kind of investigating the essence of the dark side of humanity.
When it`s done, hopefully I`ll have a good album.

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 07:57 PM
This track is part of a series of tunes I am working on for voidloss, kind of investigating the essence of the dark side of humanity.

Well I understand where you're coming from on this. Basically just trying to display works that reflect negative human emotions. And yes Steve, when the album is done, it will be quite good.

basslinejunkie
01-05-2005, 08:56 PM

and hopefully youl release it ;) :)

dirty_bass
01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Well the Voildoss album is a work of love, and is consuming my life, I don`t want to say too much about it, in case things go tits up, but hopefully, it will see the light of day.

As will other stuff via the singularity label, which will debut with a double ep release in early september.

Mindful
12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I felt unconfortable listening to this bad boy............witch is a good thing i supose :shock: :clap:

acidsaturation
13-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Makes me thing of the nastyest bits of Plastikman, Neubaten, FSOL and some other shit I can't think of moulded together with a hefty dose of some drug not yet invented - or maybe just human nature! That is seriously ****ed up shit! I remember listening to this dark scandanavian (lack of serotonin) ambient CD my mate gave me once, when in a bad state of head and having finally resorted to zopiclone after 3 nights of no sleep. There was this tune on it that dredged me right out of sleep into hell...

...this one did it without the drugs, depression or sleep deprivation. I've had stuff in my head like this sometimes but never dared let it out... Well done!

Muscially the only thing that bugged me was some of the feedback/bell sounds seemed to ring just a bit too much - the were too imposing and kind of left a ringing in my ears. Could just be ear wax though, or my setup - (I have dual ME/XP boot on my PC at the moment and listening whilst online - the soundcard seems to belt out more irritating mids when I'm using ME for some reason - if I boot to XP for the music setup things sound much more clear, but I digress) - I'll have a listen on the other system.

Now about those kicks - I see what you mean... ...gonna share..?

278d7e64a374de26f==