PDA

View Full Version : Platform 08 - Splinter Cell & Radio 1's Fergie?

Si the Sigh
21-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Platform 08 - Splinter Cell, feat: Fergie - Moods EP.

A: Devious - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/platform08/a/
B: Satisfied - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/platform08/b/

Does anyone know if that is Radio 1's Fergie? :eh:

killarava2day
21-04-2005, 10:33 AM
I believe it is :shock:

Si the Sigh
21-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Quite like the B-side... :cool:

killarava2day
21-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Hmm, yeah, don't know whether I'd buy this. Sort've progy sounding don't ya reckon :?:

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Yikes, I don`t normally like dissing records without giving some kind of justification.
But, that record is just aweful.
Produced by a man who thinks techno is hard house with "weird electronicky noises"
:nono:

Si the Sigh
21-04-2005, 10:59 AM
i WOULD SAY IT WAS THAT BAD, BUT HEY THATS MY OPINION. iT'S DEFFO GOT A PROGGY vibe (just realised I had caps lock on...why am I typing this?!) to it, if techno can be called "proggy". Not the best release on Platform, but I'd play the B-side.

dirty_bass
21-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Platform has had some really quality releases.
This just doesn`t seem to fit the sound at all.

Si the Sigh
21-04-2005, 11:19 AM
yEA, i SUPPOSE YOUR RIGHT, (done it again!!) but maybe they are introducing a different sound. Change & doing something different is good and all that...

eyes without a face
21-04-2005, 08:23 PM
thats ****in terrible.... jesus christ thats a ****in shite record

killarava2day
22-04-2005, 12:06 AM
thats **** terrible.... jesus christ thats a **** shite record

LOL :doh:

killarava2day
22-04-2005, 01:09 AM
These are a few quotes lifted from Tune Inn. I honestly thought Fergie was a HH act, not to judge but a lay man, if the quotes taken below were anything to go by, would indicate that Fergie is held up in the league with the other DJs named beside him.

Nothing could be further from the truth, or is it, is he the UK's next best thing in Techno :doh:

"Support expected from the likes of Umek, Fergie, Mauro Picotto and John Askew. "

"Without a doubt one of Wet Muzik's finest ever release's featuring 3 super funky techno floor fillers from the one and only DJ Misjah !!! This will blow you away. Support from the likes of Liebing, Bailey, Fergie etc...."

"Another pumpin, loop driven Player release is upon us. 4 phat, slightly darker than usual techno workouts with evil synth basslines and plenty of pimp style vocal snippets. Support from the likes of Joey Beltram, Fergie, Ignition Technician etc... "

Will
22-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Support expected from Fergie?

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 06:41 PM
the words "Fergie" and "next big thing in uk techno" have just made me fall off my chair... honestly, thats hilarious

big time hard house dj has realised just how shit hard house is and jumped on the techno bandwagon a few years back, hasnt got as far as he'd thought he would i imagine, he's not played any of the big techno nights over here and never will, he can put out this rubbish and call it techno everyday of the week for all i care, its still wank and i wont hear it in the clubs i frequent so thats ok with me

conflict
22-04-2005, 07:17 PM
not into this at all

ds2
22-04-2005, 08:35 PM
2 promo copies of his new release on cheeky biscuits going spare if anybody wants one.

i've tried to give them away free to every customer that comes in but no one's having any of it. :doh:

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 08:55 PM
cheeky buscuits? its that a label?

lol

oh no

Frank Dogshit
22-04-2005, 09:31 PM
the words "Fergie" and "next big thing in uk techno" have just made me fall off my chair... honestly, thats hilarious

big time hard house dj has realised just how shit hard house is and jumped on the techno bandwagon a few years back, hasnt got as far as he'd thought he would i imagine, he's not played any of the big techno nights over here and never will, he can put out this rubbish and call it techno everyday of the week for all i care, its still wank and i wont hear it in the clubs i frequent so thats ok with me

haha.... :lol:

it is a extremely poor track that.....type of shit you find in hmv this,always nice to sit and laugh at though when bored. :lol:

ds2
22-04-2005, 09:59 PM
cheeky buscuits? its that a label?

lol

oh no

his new label i think. got a great big **** off ravesignal iii sample in it.
someone's obviously given him some old classics from their collection...

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 10:02 PM
it gets worse, it really does.... cheeky biscuits indeed!

techno doesnt need new labels right now, altho i use the term techno very very loosely here i must say... but if anyone is gonna start a new label id at least wanna hear some original material and not just ripping old classics, especially ravesignal 3 :(

Louk
29-04-2005, 05:40 PM
haha i bought this thinking it was just splinter cell at a quick glance

then realised fergie was involved

it was only £4.99 so i thought ok

Louk

gumpy green
29-04-2005, 06:06 PM
get it for a bargain...lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58643&item=4723763 339&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

well done to whoever put that up....made me laugh.

Col
29-04-2005, 07:13 PM
get it for a bargain...lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58643&item=4723763 339&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

well done to whoever put that up....made me laugh.

that i'll be paul (aka darkside)

no doubt some mixmag reader will pick it up.

278d7e64a374de26f==