PDA

View Full Version : Alesis

TechMouse
21-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Looking at buying some monitors, pretty set on the Alesis ones - just wondering if anyone has any opinions as Alesis as a manufacturer? Build quality / after sales service etc. Any info much welcomed...

Thanks!

auditory hallucinations
21-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeh I use their monitors and never had a problem. They are at the budget end of the spectrum and you get what you pay for, but I'm happy with them. Never had to contact them about anything...

MARKEG
22-04-2005, 01:06 AM
this subject comes up about once a month!!! hehehe

do a search mate and you will see loads of posts about these speakers ;)

John Ferraris
22-04-2005, 01:08 AM
hint: they're good ;)

Agility
22-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Get some KRK's instead. ;)

TechMouse
22-04-2005, 11:16 AM

Oh yeah, I know - I've been following it quite closely.
I'm in no doubt that the speakers themselves are very good - I'm more interested in Alesis as a company... how reliable they are, good / bad experiences etc.

neilried
26-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmmm the speakers are wicked, though they do tire your ears out after a long session.

Over all Ive been well impressed for what I got for £200....

But after 6 months of vibrating it appears the rubber baffle arround the driver has come lose and flops forward about 1 mm. Dont think its a problem but not tempted to pull it out and check.....

Maybe its just my set i dunno, but your asking about Alesis and my only exp is with these, and Ill say it again they sound great but I woulda thought a company making speakers in this ball park would have managed to produce something of build quality that doesnt start to fall apart after 6 months of its intended use.....

Agility
26-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Oh yeah, I know - I've been following it quite closely.
I'm in no doubt that the speakers themselves are very good - I'm more interested in Alesis as a company... how reliable they are, good / bad experiences etc.

Well, I've heard of Smoke coming from them.. :shock: :neutral:

278d7e64a374de26f==