PDA

View Full Version : give to the poor!

Patrick DSP
21-04-2005, 09:53 PM
i'm poor!!!

and my god!!!!
i must have this!!!! It has sampling now!!!!! jesus krust!
=======================================

Elektron Release New MachineDrum with Sampling
New brain adds sampling and more 17-Apr-05

Absent from both NAMM and the MESSE this year, Elektron obviously like to do things their own way, it not a strategy that has let them down so far with all of their instruments achieving modern classic status relatively quickly after release. The MachineDrum is considered by many to be the ultimate modern drum machine with it's powerful pattern based sequencer and flexible sound creation, it's capable of a huge range of sounds.
The latest enhancement to the Elektron is the new MachineDrum SPS1 -UW (UserWave). The new UW adds User Sampling and the RAM for sotrage, some extra DSP coding with 32 new ROM machines for sample playback.

The major news is that it now enable you to sample into the machine and store the samples for use in your kits, either in the form of single hits or loops. it's not geared up for keyboard like multi-sampling, but you get a couple of MB in which to store your favourite sounds. Daniel Hannsson, Elktron head honcho, grudgingly accepted that poeple could now include the ubiquitous 909 hat samples in their kits, though I suspect he never would.

The SPS-1UW retains all of the features of the original SPS-1 and will be available world-wide from May 2005 at EUR 1590/$1640

Elektron are keen to let exisiting owners of machineDrum will be able to get their units retrofitted with the new updates at a favourable rate - details to be announced shortly.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2129

Mindful
21-04-2005, 10:43 PM
That sounds sweet as.
To pricey for me tho mate im also a poor bum :cry:

xfive
21-04-2005, 11:15 PM
The new one also apparently has the blue screen same as the Monomachine.

Komplex
21-04-2005, 11:22 PM
haha we're all poor mate :)

You've gotta learn to not go out, not waste money on food/booze/weed/other and save till you can afford it. By then the price should come down a litle too ;)

This revision of the machinedrum is a step in the right direction. Sampling should be mandatory on any new drum mchines, I've been a fan of the ES-1 for ages because of this. :)

Nothing beats the ability to dump your favorite drum samples and jam on the fly XOX style!

Patrick DSP
21-04-2005, 11:33 PM
haha we're all poor mate :)

You've gotta learn to not go out, not waste money on food/booze/weed/other and save till you can afford it. By then the price should come down a litle too ;)

This revision of the machinedrum is a step in the right direction. Sampling should be mandatory on any new drum mchines, I've been a fan of the ES-1 for ages because of this. :)

Nothing beats the ability to dump your favorite drum samples and jam on the fly XOX style!

aaaaaaaaaaa very true words.

but sometimes shiny things are pretty to drool over.

xfive
21-04-2005, 11:36 PM
but sometimes shiny things are pretty to drool over.

sometimes?!?!?!

ALL THE TIME!!!

:lol: :lol:

machina
22-04-2005, 12:56 AM
awesome - apparently existing machinedrums can be retrofitted! booyah.

machina

MARKEG
22-04-2005, 01:01 AM
wow very interested in this :clap:

xfive
22-04-2005, 01:14 AM
awesome - apparently existing machinedrums can be retrofitted! booyah.

machina

You better believe I'm sending mine in :)

FILTERZ
22-04-2005, 10:19 AM
mines going back to be retrofitted as soon as possible .

That`ll be the icing on the cake for a truly shit hot drum machine.

278d7e64a374de26f==